Seeing from the perspective of the Infinite.

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Juno

Seeing from the perspective of the Infinite.

Post by Juno » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:24 am

I need to start somewhat at the begining so to speak. I had the shift of unity consciusness/oneness rock my world back in April of this year. Since, my every waking hour practically has been experiencing what follows, of course it is but you know what I mean. Now the reason for this post. I'm curious about others experience. I was meditating the other morning. I had been I guess you would say releasing resistance for days. I have dealt with a lot of chronic pain (but am much better). So when I was meditating I was directing consciousness with thought right to the point of pain origination, right to what would be the side of the point of my heart chakra in the back. I was very focused then all of a sudden things changed dramatically It was like what I was seeing was a huge vast void, like my body dissapeared. My eyes were shut but it had that sense. I was seeing from the perspective of the infinite. The me was still there but way way back in the background. It was clear the I was just a thought!! and I heard the thought say Oh My God because I knew the me had fallen way back. A definet shift in "who" was in the forefront, the infinite. I the identity was not in the forefront. It was like I Juno was a star and had only seen from the stars perspective then all of a sudden I was seeing from spaces perspective. When I got up from meditation I'm like what do I do with this? Then I remembered quickly to rest as What I am and let it go. But I have a chance here to ask you. So there it is, have you experienced anything like this. I heard Adya talk about an experience similar when he was a kid looking out over a playground from the infinite's perspective and how the child was there but way in the background. So there it is. My chance to ask people who may have a clue what I'm talking about.
Last edited by Juno on Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

Juno

Re: Seeing from the perspective of the Infinite.

Post by Juno » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:06 pm

One thing I wasen't clear about that was bothering me. After the unity consciousness shift what I am talking about is the stripping of what I thought use to be "me". Stripping of beliefs and what I thought was real has really gone on since April. Real change. Change I could only dream of before the awakening. The word is definetly "stripped" of these things. I haven't been one to resist it at all. It's everything I always wanted.
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

kiki

Post by kiki » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:38 am

I would say that you had a very powerful experience, but it was just that, an experience. Such experiences are often the result of some sort of practice or mental technique, and there is nothing "wrong" about having such experiences, but we shouldn't place too much importance on them. If we do we tend to get lost in the further pursuit of them.

What's most important is the seeing/realization of our true essence, the witnessing awareness, and it sounds like that this is happening for you (Juno falling into the background indicates this). What remains in the foreground and doesn't change that isn't "Juno" is what is significant. Let "experiences" come and go and just watch them. Whatever it is it too will pass. They can be interesting, fascinating, and exhilarating but if they come and go they are just the play of form. You are the formless out of which they arise - rest there.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Juno

Post by Juno » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:21 am

Hi Kiki,
Thanks for the reply. Within a minute of getting up from that meditation I was already back to simply resting as what I am. I learned how important that is from Mike Snider. A very awake being I found through Adya's website. What was driven home through the experience is that I am pure emptieness and I am Juno! This was the new groking through and through. Through the Oneness shift I've known what I am, that I am everything and can sense what I am in everything I see, hear, taste or touch, smell. Experienceing actually Being the immensity kind of blew me away I guess you could say literally : ) After enough time to get a good sense of it, it scared me, the feeling of being space. I grasped, then Juno came to the forefront again. It's similar to the first shift of Unity Consciousness in that once seen it can't be unseen. I do think this is another realization just showing what I am not with out any question. If that was all I saw from here on, I would understand on a deeper level than I had before the experience. I do know not to hold on and that it was just another experience in that regard. I appreciate your input and take care.

Thanks again for refering me to the site. I'm enjoying the other posts.
Juno
Huang Po

kiki

Post by kiki » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:42 pm

It sounds like you have a very solid grasp of what's happening and how to approach things - good for you.

Blessings,
kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:22 am

Awakening turns our eyeballs into mirrors. Everything we see is us. That shift is staggering, the first time.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Juno

Post by Juno » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:08 am

Sighclone wrote:Awakening turns our eyeballs into mirrors. Everything we see is us. That shift is staggering, the first time.

Namaste, Andy
I like that, Eyeballs into mirrors. Thanks for sharing.
Huang Po

bjornclausen

Post by bjornclausen » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:37 am

Hi Juno!
A powerful awakening experience is a true blessings - especially when one is aware of the traps, for example the desire to try to replicate the experience. I wasn't that fortunate ... An awakening experience like yours is the true starting point of the true journey. I'm currently reading Adyashantis new book "The End of Your World". I highly recommend that to you. He is adressing the question why awake consciousness ALWAYS flows back into form, back into our humaness. Trying to hide in the absolute is ... as you might guess, since you seem familiar with Adyashanti ... NOT recommended. :)

Juno

Post by Juno » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:11 am

Thanks Bjorn,

I appreciate your reply. It's funny that you mention this because I was talking exactly about basically catching myself subtley(sp) wanting to hide in the absolute as you put it. I wrote down what I was realizing deeply today to not fixate. I put it in personal experiences I think it is. It's under Lesson in fixating. I was owning up to trying to fool myself in a more subtle way but I caught it. I do have The End of Your World. Thanks for telling me about it though. Always appreciated. And thanks for pointing out that cosciousness ALWAYS flows back to form. We know these things but it always helps to see it in black and white.

bjornclausen wrote:Hi Juno!
A powerful awakening experience is a true blessings - especially when one is aware of the traps, for example the desire to try to replicate the experience. I wasn't that fortunate ... An awakening experience like yours is the true starting point of the true journey. I'm currently reading Adyashantis new book "The End of Your World". I highly recommend that to you. He is adressing the question why awake consciousness ALWAYS flows back into form, back into our humaness. Trying to hide in the absolute is ... as you might guess, since you seem familiar with Adyashanti ... NOT recommended. :)
Huang Po