Who give up to resistance?

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Glycine
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:42 pm

Re: Who gives up resistance?

Post by Glycine » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:13 pm

Marcel Franke wrote:But what about this way:

Mind gets to a peak and it has no other possibility than to stop,
it no longer resists, understands its futility, and it drops.
What is left is CrystalClarity.
This is interesting.
But why don't we have "Crystal Clarity" when the mind is snoozing? It appears to me that we need to train and educate the mind in order to reach awareness.

Juno
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:31 am

Re: Who give up to resistance?

Post by Juno » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:15 pm

That presence that is there when you are in deep sleep is that crystal clarity. have you notice that when you go to sleep the room goes away, maybe your partner, the dresser it all goes away. We may next dream and have memories of past or future then we go into deep deep sleep where there is only Presence. That Presence is why you can wake up the next morning and know how you slept.

To me there is what appears to be our individual minds with all our thoughts but in ultimate reality there is only one Mind having all these thoughts, experiences. It is the One. Just another name for it, out of the many many names.
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

User avatar
Marcel Franke
Posts: 655
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:28 pm

Re: Who give up to resistance?

Post by Marcel Franke » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:42 pm

Glycine:
>This is interesting.

It happend once. Rather bizar. Didnt last.
Alas. That which lead to it didnt last either. Luckily.

A bit like the Zen koan:
Go inside your head, and find the sound of 1 clapping hand.
Do not stop until you find it !
A very obediant and civilized mind, the Japanese mind.
Probably a bit less nowadays.
(The only country where you can hit someone with a car and she/he will bow. )(Osho)
It is an impossible task,
there comes a moment after intense searching that the mind drops.
The search becomes to intense for an impossible task. It crashes.


>It appears to me that we need to train and educate the mind in order to reach awareness.

Indeed, mind IS snoozing, mind IS history, mind is ego-time.
It is not to be trained.
It has to shut up.
Or it has to trained (fooled) until it can go no further.

>But why don't we have "Crystal Clarity" when the mind is snoozing?

Aye, I get your point:
when thoughts becom slower, the gaps become bigger, there might be glimpses ?

Thats why Eck is using NOW.
When you realize that Ago is dead and that Future never ever comes,
when mind realy really sees that, for a fact, how can it be ?

Data survives, Eck speaks his languages.

Of course, you might have a different interpretation of these words.
For me mind and ego are the same.


Haggis on yurr plates,

MF.
---ooOoo---

User avatar
Marcel Franke
Posts: 655
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:28 pm

Re: Who give up to resistance?

Post by Marcel Franke » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:57 pm

Glycine:
>>It appears to me that we need to train and educate the mind in order to reach awareness.
Me:
>Indeed, mind IS snoozing, mind IS history, mind is ego-time.

Oh shit, mistake with quoting and answering.
The top sentence should not be there.
Please forgive me Glycine, I did not mean anything negative.
This looks really stupid.
I am stupid.
---ooOoo---

User avatar
domokato
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:45 pm
Location: Bay Area, California
Contact:

Re: Who gives up resistance?

Post by domokato » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:22 pm

Glycine wrote:But why don't we have "Crystal Clarity" when the mind is snoozing?
I don't know. That's a really good question. Does anyone know what happens to our awareness when we dream? Does it become identified with the mind? Does that add suffering to the world? This seems like a question for biologists to answer, and does not really seem to affect our own path to enlightenment anyway.
Glycine wrote:It appears to me that we need to train and educate the mind in order to reach awareness.
Remember, there is no process that needs to be done first to reach awareness. After becoming present, the mind becomes your tool. Be present first.
~housecat

Juno
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:31 am

Re: Who give up to resistance?

Post by Juno » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:58 pm

We already are Awareness. We can not reach what we already are. That's why the more we seek the more lost we get. We try to seek what we already are! That's the big joke.

Marcel Franke wrote:Glycine:
>This is interesting.

It happend once. Rather bizar. Didnt last.
Alas. That which lead to it didnt last either. Luckily.

A bit like the Zen koan:
Go inside your head, and find the sound of 1 clapping hand.
Do not stop until you find it !
A very obediant and civilized mind, the Japanese mind.
Probably a bit less nowadays.
(The only country where you can hit someone with a car and she/he will bow. )(Osho)
It is an impossible task,
there comes a moment after intense searching that the mind drops.
The search becomes to intense for an impossible task. It crashes.


>It appears to me that we need to train and educate the mind in order to reach awareness.

Indeed, mind IS snoozing, mind IS history, mind is ego-time.
It is not to be trained.
It has to shut up.
Or it has to trained (fooled) until it can go no further.

>But why don't we have "Crystal Clarity" when the mind is snoozing?

Aye, I get your point:
when thoughts becom slower, the gaps become bigger, there might be glimpses ?

Thats why Eck is using NOW.
When you realize that Ago is dead and that Future never ever comes,
when mind realy really sees that, for a fact, how can it be ?

Data survives, Eck speaks his languages.

Of course, you might have a different interpretation of these words.
For me mind and ego are the same.


Haggis on yurr plates,

MF.
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

User avatar
Sighclone
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6391
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:22 pm

Re: Who give up to resistance?

Post by Sighclone » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:34 am

Welcome, Glycine. The experience of awakening is an event which transcends thought and language. Being includes all forms and tools, and can use or have interest in them as needed. Eckhart's main message is that our true identity is not a product of mental conditioning (ego). Being can do what it wants to with any of its creations, including allowing them to dig their own way out of illusions (by not digging.)

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Post Reply