Unified mind, body, and 'spirit'

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
E1lycat

Unified mind, body, and 'spirit'

Post by E1lycat » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:30 pm

Helloo :D
I have a question, it may be a bit of a stupid or strange one, like something that's glaringly obvious but with a point I've completely missed. I'm not even sure how to put it, but will have a go.

Why don't my mind, body and 'spirit' feel unified? Somehow I feel like everything seems to be operating independently of each other, as if there is division between them. Like here's my mind, doing it's own thing, here's my body, and here's the witness, or awareness watching it, and there's the external situation. I don't really understand what's going on. Heck, I don't understand anything anymore. Am I stuck as the witness? Like how Adya describes in The End of Your World.. I feel very incomplete and un-whole-y. :lol: Un-whole-y, get it? :lol: :lol: That's probably a very very old joke or something. Anyway, I suppose dualism has something to do with it, but I don't understand that concept, and maybe someone can explain it without using that term? I suppose my real question is.. how do I heal this rift? Is it just my perception? Or is this separation just another illusion, and it's all one anyway but I just haven't realized that. :o Did I just answer my own question? :shock: Any insights?

Thank you in advance. :D
I am in need of nothing but the truth

-ACIM-

kiki

Re: Unified mind, body, and 'spirit'

Post by kiki » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:58 pm

Or is this separation just another illusion, and it's all one anyway but I just haven't realized that. :o Did I just answer my own question? :shock: Any insights?
Yes, you answered your own question. Discover how separation is being maintained.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Juno

Post by Juno » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:17 pm

I don't know if this helps at all but being that this feeling of seperation is all mind stuff just rest as the Presence that you are. Allow like Adya teaches, just notice and relax, see what happens. Simple is always easier and it allows what needs to be revealed to be revealed because your mind is out of the way. You know this stuff.

I liked your joke by the way.
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

E1lycat

Post by E1lycat » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:05 pm

Yes, you answered your own question. Discover how separation is being maintained.
Oh.

Thanks kiki & Monica :D
I am in need of nothing but the truth

-ACIM-

Juno

Post by Juno » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:57 pm

Hi again,

This seperation that you feel. Do you feel it in any particular place in your body? If you do try (Adya teaching that works) just resting awareness exactly where the feeling seems to originate. Just lightly touch. Don't try to manipulate it just lightly touch. Direct consciousness right there! If you know even a little bit about chakras you can also rest awareness at the chakra that's in the vicinty of the feeling. Does this feeling create an uncomfortable feeling anywhere? Go there. Just rest there and you might be surprised what is revealed.

Monica
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

doug

Post by doug » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:25 pm

A hobby/interest of mine is quantum physics.

Tolle helped me "get" the separation you describe by comparing conciousness to water as it can be in the form of the physical (ice), the mental/thought (liquid), and the spirit (vapor).

This helped me "see" how our perceived reality at various levels can be different yet the same and one. With the conflict resolved now I can drop the concept of it and just feel the truth as Juno describes.

beautiful and elegant isn't it? :D

doug

Post by doug » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:26 pm

doug wrote:A hobby/interest of mine is quantum physics.

Tolle helped with the separation you describe by comparing conciousness to water as it can be in the form of the physical (ice), the mental/thought (liquid), and the spirit (vapor).

This helped me "see" how our perceived reality at various levels can be different yet the same and one. With the conflict resolved now I can drop the concept of it and just feel the truth as Juno describes.

beautiful and elegant isn't it? :D

Juno

Post by Juno » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:50 pm

Tolle helped me "get" the separation you describe by comparing conciousness to water as it can be in the form of the physical (ice), the mental/thought (liquid), and the spirit (vapor).
Hi Doug, I think that's a really good way to put it. When I was about 25 I came across some amazing books on healing through the human energy field by Barbara Brennan. She's stunning in this arena. Anyway through her I learned the squigglies that one may see (I did see) and easiest to see in the bright blue sky is what she called the universal health field. I can't remember her exact words but I gathered this is how we were all connected. An intellectual understanding. When I had my first awakening experience, when I knew everything was one. That intellectual understanding passed through my "brain" in helping me know with my whole being what was happening. I knew this information for 15 years before but I didn't get the Oneness until that experience. Ever since I can sense that essence that we are in taste, touch, smell, seeing and hearing. It's never stopped.
Huang Po

doug

Post by doug » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:21 pm

Juno...
Creation is so miraculous in it's composition that we have yet to scratch the surface on comprehending the elegant mechanics of what we call the physical world. Even though the more we learn about it the more in becomes muc, much more.

A book recently published by Bruce Lipton, Ph.D. titled "The Biology of Belief" attempts to explain the connection of our thoughts (or presence) with the activity of our body at a cellular level. The book was a bit technical for my taste but the point was made that here was the author,a professional, lifetime professor of biology telling me that what I "believe" about the connection of so called "mind over matter" may be recognized as scientific fact sooner then later.

:)

Juno

Post by Juno » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:58 pm

Barbara Brennan is a scientist. She worked for NASA for years. She has the only board certified college for healers in the US Plus a few other colleges around the world. One of the things I so appreciate about her is her scientific mind :D Her books opened my world. It's just all so amazing isn't it........
Huang Po

doug

Post by doug » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:08 pm

Juno wrote:Barbara Brennan is a scientist. She worked for NASA for years. She has the only board certified college for healers in the US Plus a few other colleges around the world. One of the things I so appreciate about her is her scientific mind :D Her books opened my world. It's just all so amazing isn't it........
I wish you were here Monica so we could hug... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Juno

Post by Juno » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:41 pm

:lol: That's funny!
Huang Po

doug

Post by doug » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:46 pm

I know but I am sending you a sincere hyperspace hug...this is a miraculous creation we are part of juno...I'm glad you/me/we are here!

~~~~~~~oooOOOHHHUUUGGGOOOooo~~~~~~~~~

:lol:

Juno

Post by Juno » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:54 pm

Thank You Doug. I am glad we are all here too! :lol: You/Me and We. If we had a hug emoticion it would probably get used a lot on this site. I feel very blessed to have my cyber friends here.
Huang Po

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:09 pm

Thanks, doug for the tout to Lipton - I ordered his book.

I'm also very interested in quantum mechanics and lately on non-locality and entanglement. The Copehagen Interpretation and Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle were further indicators of the perspective of the Witness, ultimate unity, and the final collapse of dualistic science. "Spooky interactions at a distance..." (Einstein)

Have you read the work of Kafatos/Nadeau and Goswami? And of course, Micheo Kaku and Paul Davies...

The main impact of all this on me was that the farthest reaches of modern science have brought us right back to the consciousness of the observer. Time to look elsewhere than the mind for final truth.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce