Unified mind, body, and 'spirit'

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Juno

Re: Unified mind, body, and 'spirit'

Post by Juno » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:24 pm

The main impact of all this on me was that the farthest reaches of modern science have brought us right back to the consciousness of the observer. Time to look elsewhere than the mind for final truth.
I love the way you put that Andy. I would hug you too right now. :)
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:32 pm

Hugging is good! Especially on Eckhart's birthday!
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Peaceman

Post by Peaceman » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:59 pm

Yes juno, I too was duly impressed with Andy!! I always admire someone who has read so widely and so deep and who can pull all the threads together and understand....no mean feat! :D

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:23 pm

Thanks, peaceman...sometimes I do okay - sometimes I screw up, just ask Randji... :)

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

randomguy

Post by randomguy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:47 pm

deleted
Last edited by randomguy on Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho

doug

Post by doug » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:31 pm

Sighclone wrote:Thanks, doug for the tout to Lipton - I ordered his book.

I'm also very interested in quantum mechanics and lately on non-locality and entanglement. The Copehagen Interpretation and Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle were further indicators of the perspective of the Witness, ultimate unity, and the final collapse of dualistic science. "Spooky interactions at a distance..." (Einstein)

Have you read the work of Kafatos/Nadeau and Goswami? And of course, Micheo Kaku and Paul Davies...

The main impact of all this on me was that the farthest reaches of modern science have brought us right back to the consciousness of the observer. Time to look elsewhere than the mind for final truth.

Namaste, Andy
I'm on a more beginner level with this Andy but you've given me alot to research here. Thanks.

As I think you were alluding to, the ancient teachings of Buddhism (and maybe Hindu as well) reveal some knowledge about how the universe is laid out from a sub-atomic level. I think that the early teachings of our perceived reality as an illusion (as translated anyway) may be reference to the fact that we now know..the building block of matter, the atom, is 99.99999999...% nothing. What we feel as solid matter is actually fields of energy that repel one another.

The newly compleed atom smasher/collider in Europe should open more doors into the understanding of string theory, quasars, and the like. It may not be very long now where people will be discussing comic book stuff as reality...other dimensions, folding space, worm holes, inter-dimensional space travel....

WOW! :shock:

Juno

Post by Juno » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:01 am

Doug..... and whoever cares to read this.

Above I posted about the squigglies in the blue sky and how I knew for years intellecually that's how we were all connected. That's what went through my brain when I awakened and came through knowing everything was one. So tonight I was listening to Catherine Ingram and she started talking about the movie screen pointer that I've heard several times before. I could once again understand that but there was a disconnect. I could sense in the moon or whatever this essence that everything is. This disconnect though is visual for me. Now I see the squigglies are the movie screen everything is playing on. Listening to Catherine Ingram it clicked. You would think I would have gotten that before, at least I would. But now when I look into the sky and at everything it's a deeper experience than just sensing the essence in everything. Now it's more visual I guess is the change.
Very exciting !

Monica
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po