Field of Now

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Soul Seeker

Field of Now

Post by Soul Seeker » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:17 pm

Today while I was going about my normal and average day I experienced very briefly a deep sense that all was perfect and all was as it should be. It lasted only a few minutes and when I slipped out of it the feeling of how it was quickly left my memory. It was if I had gone to a different place, a zone or field of Now, of isness. The only thing I can say it was very nice to be there.
I wonder if people like Tolle and Adya experience this all or most of the time. Is this a glimpse of how being fully realized is experienced ?

Webwanderer

Re: Field of Now

Post by Webwanderer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:24 pm

I'm not sure I know what "fully realized" is. But that sense of un-attached beingness is the real deal and is what we truly are. It's here now, closer than our breath, just a simple shift in perspective away.

WW

Soul Seeker

Post by Soul Seeker » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:59 am

I am in the begiinging stages of awakening - as Tolle has put it, I have not "fully integrated" or as others have say "fully realized" my inner and outer purposes. I feel that what I had a glimpse of was complete harmony with the Now - with Presence and perhaps this is what Tolle and others who are fully integrated - fully awakened - experience all or if not most of the time.

piercej

Post by piercej » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:59 pm

to answer your questions...
1. i dont know, youd have to ask them.
2. i dont know, what may be "fully realized" to you may be different to me or others. (not that there is ultimately a difference, but you get the point)

here is a suggestion, one that is not easy for most to take. sit for what seems like an hour without looking at a clock, and expect nothing. give yourself that time to fear nothing, worry nothing, think nothing. plan for no interruption, prepare a room without distraction, maybe provide a candle or glass of water to focus on. label nothing, judge nothing, have nowhere to go and nothing to do. this hour is to exist only.

sounds out there i know, but what have you got to lose except an hour of your life? what might you gain?

just a thought from a very imperfect fellow awareness. :)