Am I awareness of higher intelligence or intelligence itself

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
arel

Post by arel » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:35 pm

I've seen ET and other people say things like "you are Life", or "awareness is not in the body". Things like that. They don't resonate with me. What about you?

I sense it as my awareness would not be possible without this body, or at least the brain, it's part of the creation by the higher intelligence, the present moment, inseparable from the body. Me as consciousness is aware of the space of the present moment. It is also aware of the human experience. My consciousness/awareness is the "mirror" of God, created by God, is aware of God, part of the creation.
What I say is only my viewpoint.

Glycine

Re: Am I awareness of higher intelligence or intelligence itself

Post by Glycine » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:22 pm

Hello Arel,
You may want to take a look at this thread:
http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth ... f=4&t=4942

pieutr

Post by pieutr » Wed May 13, 2009 3:24 am

arel wrote:I sense it as my awareness would not be possible without this body
There is no such thing as "my awareness" or "your awareness". There is awareness experiencing itself temporarily (for a lifetime) as a body. Of course cousciousness is not in the body. If your physical body dies now, it will not alter the counsciousness that you are, and which is still experiencing itself through every lifeform that exist at this moment. Wanting to "know" where counsciousness is is simply a mental will to better "know" (on a mental level) who you truly are (which cannot be known on a mental level) by defining it better in term of space.
To a certain extent you are right when you say that awareness would not be possible without this body : If there was only cousciousness without form in the whole universe, then nothing would exist, and there would be no world. The world of form (your body, mine, and every life form as well as everything that is made of matter) is here to permit counsciousness to manifest itself. The world of forms is a witness of the Truth beyond forms, the Truth that makes every form possible. And at the same time, forms could not exist if there was nothing to make them possible. For example : How could a word be ever pronouced if it does not come out of the silence that underlines it (and which is still here when the word is said) and to whose it returns at the end ? how could this words on the screen could exist without the background ? this is the same thing for the whole world form.
This is why there is no such thing as "me" and "others", or "mine", "yours" excepted on the surface. Just have a look right now at everything which is around you, and be aware that you are the space for all this matter (including your body) to be possible. It has no form and that is why it is hardly understandable for the mind.
Everything that happened right now in the world is to be celebrated as an expression of the Higher intelligence (Far greater than our brain logic or knowledge), which knows what it does and where it is going. We are this intelligence at our deepest level, and are all connected through this, beyond our perceptions.

Of course this is not the truth which is undescribable, it just point to it ^^

Pierre

HermitLoon

Post by HermitLoon » Wed May 13, 2009 12:38 pm

This is all "I Know" - and can describe (with words) about that:
http://delboltblog.blogspot.com

Peace
Peace