a question.....

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
Lunchbox

a question.....

Post by Lunchbox » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:13 am

i been reading and learning about eckhart teachings, present moment, counciones, no self, or whatever you want to call it...
my question is if there is no self.. then the fact that im posting a question in this forum.. it is not really "me", is just my ego wanting to post a question and look for a answer???

by the way.. my english speaking, writting is not very strong.. soo please bear with me :)

kiki

Re: a question.....

Post by kiki » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:56 am

What's "fact" is that a question is being asked - there was a presently arising question unfolding in consciousness. That question is a function of one's mental conditioning. What isn't "fact" is that there is a someone who asked it. Ego will make claim to the question, and identify itself as the questioner (that's how the illusion of "self" is sustained), but ego can never be found as an actual reality. That's what awakening reveals.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Awareness

Post by Awareness » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:37 am

Find out who does blood circulation in your body or digestion or who makes your heart beating and you will see who is making those posts.

Glycine

Post by Glycine » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:56 am

In a way, there is "someone" writing these posts, but this "someone" is not a separate "creator/investigator". This "someone" is completely integrated with everything around, and is the momentary manifestation of the pulse of life.

Just as an example, the answer appeared only because you asked the question. If you didn't know the answer, you wouldn't have asked the question.

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:46 am

Glycine wrote:In a way, there is "someone" writing these posts, but this "someone" is not a separate "creator/investigator". This "someone" is completely integrated with everything around, and is the momentary manifestation of the pulse of life.

Just as an example, the answer appeared only because you asked the question. If you didn't know the answer, you wouldn't have asked the question.
A Zen Master stated: "Receiving answers to a question is like hearing the echos from one's own shouting."

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:57 pm

Lunchbox wrote:i been reading and learning about eckhart teachings, present moment, counciones, no self, or whatever you want to call it...
my question is if there is no self.. then the fact that im posting a question in this forum.. it is not really "me", is just my ego wanting to post a question and look for a answer??
Perhaps, we are playing with logic and reason here.

First, we must define what is "no self". It means an individual self totally independent of ALL/GOD/CREATION is not reality. So you as a self can never be separated from ALL/GOD/CREATION. You as a self post a question to this forum is like a cell within an organism sending out a signal to other cells within the organism. It has nothing to do with your ego posting a question and looking for answers.

Ego's goal/purpose is to maintain the falsehood "totally independent selves exist". This mischief can be achieved through all possible manifested forms. It certainly loves to confuse you as a dependent self to ALL/GOD/CREATION (or as an inseparable part of ALL/GOD/CREATION) with your ego. i.e. Saying you and your ego are the same.

Ego is the Master of form playing. Notice that all forms are impermanent. One transcends Ego when one masters the Master's Game.

Glycine

Post by Glycine » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:30 pm

Tony-S-Ma wrote: A Zen Master stated: "Receiving answers to a question is like hearing the echos from one's own shouting."
Is this true when we are identified with our ego?

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:28 pm

Glycine wrote:
Tony-S-Ma wrote: A Zen Master stated: "Receiving answers to a question is like hearing the echos from one's own shouting."
Is this true when we are identified with our ego?
Is seeing one's own image on a mirror illusional? Does one see one's own image on a mirror if one is not identified with one's ego?

Glycine

Post by Glycine » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:49 pm

Tony-S-Ma wrote:Is seeing one's own image on a mirror illusional? Does one see one's own image on a mirror if one is not identified with one's ego?
I would say that when we are ego-identified we are more selective with regard to which answers and reflections we accept.

Plorel

Post by Plorel » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:23 pm

it is not really "me", is just my ego wanting to post a question and look for a answer???
You posting on this forum was not a desicion you made, but a decision that was made through you, which has nothing to do with what you think you are.
The "ego" just likes to claim that it was responsible for it, though the decision was actually made before the ego came into the game at all (at least on a concious level).

Your acting out your level of conciousness and there is nothing you can do about it. The ego just undertakes the hopeless attempt to feel responsible for something it has not initiated in the first place. Thats at least what I hear ET, BK etc. say.
Who am I without my story?

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:22 pm

Glycine wrote:
Tony-S-Ma wrote:Is seeing one's own image on a mirror illusional? Does one see one's own image on a mirror if one is not identified with one's ego?
I would say that when we are ego-identified we are more selective with regard to which answers and reflections we accept.
I would say that we experience more continuous connection with ALL when are less ego-identified. The Reality is we are continuously connected with ALL; however, we ain't able to experience such connection in forms for forms are discrete. When all possible forms are mastered, we are Home. We are going back to the same form as long that form is not mastered. There is no short-cut and no cheating in the Game of Life(Consciousness). Ego is the Master of forms and we are stuck with It as long as we are manifesting as forms.

Lunchbox

Post by Lunchbox » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:18 am

thanks everyone for the wonderfull feedback..

soooooo just making sure,,, everything arises from the present moment, (emotions, thoughts, actions, ect,) and i just have to be aware of it and just allow it ...
Tony-S-Ma wrote:
Glycine wrote:In a way, there is "someone" writing these posts, but this "someone" is not a separate "creator/investigator". This "someone" is completely integrated with everything around, and is the momentary manifestation of the pulse of life.

A Zen Master stated: "Receiving answers to a question is like hearing the echos from one's own shouting."
i kind of dont understand the zen master part.. could anyone please explain???

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:25 am

Lunchbox wrote:thanks everyone for the wonderfull feedback..

soooooo just making sure,,, everything arises from the present moment, (emotions, thoughts, actions, ect,) and i just have to be aware of it and just allow it ...
Tony-S-Ma wrote:

i kind of dont understand the zen master part.. could anyone please explain???
Okay, there is the theory:

"Your inner self", "the True you", or "What you are" knows and understands everything. "What you are" is constantly communicating with your mind. Your mind perceives some of the communications as questions needed to be asked of others. So the answers you received from others are actually "What you are" communicating with your mind.

"The Kingdom of Heaven is within you."