What's taking you so long?

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
jugu

What's taking you so long?

Post by jugu » Sun May 10, 2009 1:48 am

Many of you have been on the path for years. It doesn't take that long to become enlightened. You know the fundamentals, you know the truths so why don't you just jump in already? If its what you truly want, how hard could that be?

pieutr

Re: What's taking you so long?

Post by pieutr » Sun May 10, 2009 3:48 am

thank you

Anyways, for me it takes no time to access the non-ego state, but to remain in it permanently takes time (and I am aware that this could be a good reason to avoid to definitely step out) because of the streng of the mental structure already present up here and that I have to put light on.
Last edited by pieutr on Sun May 10, 2009 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Sun May 10, 2009 3:52 am

Ah, possibly for the first time, we agree!

pieutr

Post by pieutr » Sun May 10, 2009 4:01 am

By the way :
It doesn't take that long to become enlightened
Where does such a truth come from ?

jugu

Post by jugu » Sun May 10, 2009 8:11 am

pieutr wrote:but to remain in it permanently takes time
Time doesn't exist. What is your excuse?
pieutr wrote:because of the strength of the mental structure already present up

That mental structure dosn't exist either. It's a phantom, a flicker of a candle, a flash of lightning in the summer sky, a bauble in a stream. It's not there. It has no weight, no reality. You're pinned up against an invisible enemy. What's your excuse?

jugu

Post by jugu » Sun May 10, 2009 8:15 am

pieutr wrote:By the way :
It doesn't take that long to become enlightened
Where does such a truth come from ?
It doesn't take long. It doesn't take any time at all. It's just one step, that's it. Where's this tidbit coming from?

Me, myself. My experience. My TRUE experience.

lilly83

Post by lilly83 » Sun May 10, 2009 1:34 pm

Jugu,

Until you stop speaking from ego, I will take your posts seriously. When you realize the truth of life, and practice and live in it everyday, all you have is a compassion and empathy for all as you know and feel that we are all one. When you question others on this forum, you are questioning yourself aswell. Until you step out of this egoic rut your in, you will continue to create suffering for yourself. When you have realized the truth of life, the questions you ask and the tone in which you ask them in, will cease to exist, as there is only love in the truth of life. No matter what you say or question, I live and practice each day what i have learnt, and what i have learnt is not through reading a book, but through practice. Practice is our only teacher, yes books help, but if we only intellectualize then that is when we continue to suffer. The ego is like a mobile phone, when you are with a friend and your mobile rings you answer it, taking you away from the present situation you are in, and like you ego, you can sit and be present in whatever it is your doing, until your ego interrupts bringing you back to the past or to the future, taking you away from being totally present in what you are doing. The ego is with us wherever we go, majority of people are lost in the egos interruptions, making us lost in the past or future. Its very simple, there is no path to enlightenment, it is with us every day in every moment, its just whether we chose to be in the moment and live in it, or be interrupted and taken off on a journey with the ego and its mind movies of the past or future. You need to ask yourself why you have such an attitude towards this topic. I feel that you suffered terribly and set your hopes on this 'idea' of enlightenment and whatever happened it still didn't take you out of your suffering. The mind thinks it can intellectualize this enlightened business but it cant. it never can, it can only be experienced through practice. Its the ego that questions what is.

All the best jugu

Lilly83

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Sun May 10, 2009 7:21 pm

lilly83 wrote: Its very simple, there is no path to enlightenment, it is with us every day in every moment, its just whether we chose to be in the moment and live in it, or be interrupted and taken off on a journey with the ego and its mind movies of the past or future...Lilly83
Very well said. This is it, right here, right now, in the space of outside of thought, this utterly ordinary experience of Now. Let go of all "shoulding" and it is always right here. It is very simple.

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Sun May 10, 2009 11:53 pm

What's the hurry?
Be present, be pleasant.

goman87

Post by goman87 » Mon May 11, 2009 5:59 am

There's no pressure! You should stay with your path and not falter away. If you're staring your pathway from an older age you have a lot more to let go of and a lot more to push through. There's this older woman who has spent 25 years in meditation and spirituality and has been trying hard for her being and whatever. She no doubt will get it. We're all different and we'll all handle things different ways. Feel grateful you made it.

Marcel Franke

Post by Marcel Franke » Mon May 11, 2009 9:38 pm

Jugu:
> Many of you have been on the path for years. It doesn't take that long to become enlightened.
> You know the fundamentals, you know the truths so why don't you just jump in already?
> If its what you truly want, how hard could that be?

Well Jugu, we, all of us old bodhisattva's,
have got to liberate all other sentient beings first,
before we make the final jump.

Even if there's only one being left to be rescued, we will not jump.

So please Jugu, will you please cooperate for just a sec !?

But seriously, I suppose my biggest problem is not a painbody,
but a rather demanding pleasurebody.
---ooOoo---

OneLove

Post by OneLove » Mon May 11, 2009 10:31 pm

Marcel Franke wrote: But seriously, I suppose my biggest problem is not a painbody,
Whiskey and Wimmen!

weopposedeception

Post by weopposedeception » Tue May 12, 2009 4:39 am

I'm just sitting here watching my karma burn itself out.

nodoubt

Post by nodoubt » Tue May 12, 2009 5:26 am

OneLove wrote:
Marcel Franke wrote: But seriously, I suppose my biggest problem is not a painbody,
Whiskey and Wimmen!

American blues artist John Lee Hooker stated it so eloquently- "Big Leg Tight Skirt"

OneLove

Post by OneLove » Wed May 13, 2009 8:45 am

HAHA