How would you feel if ET colored his hair? : )

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

How would you feel if ET colored his hair? : )

Postby student2u » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:05 am

I was watching a webcast of ET with Oprah on the ANE courses the other day. Oprah asked ET if he colors his hair. The answer was "no". Then Oprah said that she would be disappointed if he did...

Would you be disappointed if ET colored his hair? I wouldn't. The teaching is about not identifying with forms. It's not about being against forms or not enjoying forms when they can bring you some kind of pleasure (just not getting attached to forms).

I'm not sure if I'm trying to defend myself? I do color my hair into a color that is different from my natural hair color because I just prefer that color for my hair for the time being like I prefer sunny blue sky to dark clouds or certain color for my clothes or something. I don't do much makeup not because there is anything wrong with it but just not my preference. Either way, I don't identify myself with my hair color or my face or my body...when I'm truly present or in the moment. I had this experience one day that I felt myself transparent and didn't feel others could see me or I simply didn't mind whatever others perceive me with my appearance and my past or future...

I would like to believe I could still enjoy beautiful things when I get enlightened :)
The Truth is revealed when the mind is completely out of the way...
student2u

Re: How would you feel if ET colored his hair? : )

Postby johny » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:15 pm

>How would you feel if ET colored his hair? : )

Frankly I don't give a you know what.
Surrendered laziness is my birth right --Johny
If your post/response was more than 5 lines I probably have not/will not read it. Drop me a PM if you want me to.
johny

Postby johny » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:59 pm

But imagine him in hippy hairstyle. Can't stop laughing.
Surrendered laziness is my birth right --Johny
If your post/response was more than 5 lines I probably have not/will not read it. Drop me a PM if you want me to.
johny

Postby Robin » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:33 pm

would be cool if he colored it neon green and standing up like the punks in the 70th. :D
cheers
Robin
Robin

Postby Marcel Franke » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:32 pm

yeh mahhn, its ooownly a paihnbohdyhh...

et.gif
Last edited by Marcel Franke on Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
---ooOoo---
Marcel Franke

Postby karmarider » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:37 pm

:lol:
karmarider

Postby student2u » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:40 am

Marcel Franke wrote:yeh mahhn, its ooownly a paihnbohdyhh...

LOL I bet many people have done this :lol: :lol: :lol:
student2u

Postby Tanapat » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:33 pm

Is conforming to some conservative standard set by society (or whoever) part of being 'spiritual'? I think not. Seems to me that coloring your hair is irrelevent, unless you're seeking an identity in it, or expecting it to make you happy. As long as you keep it in perspective, that it's just a play of form, you can play, play, play. And have fun playing.

Is it wrong or unspiritual to take a shower, to brush your teeth, to comb your hair, to smell good, to try to look your best? Do the enlightened not do these things? Honor the function you have as a human being, without getting lost in it all and thinking that's all you are.
Tanapat

Postby kiki » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:38 pm

Is it wrong or unspiritual to take a shower, to brush your teeth, to comb your hair, to smell good, to try to look your best? Do the enlightened not do these things? Honor the function you have as a human being, without getting lost in it all and thinking that's all you are.

Well said.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby student2u » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:42 pm

Tanapat wrote:Is conforming to some conservative standard set by society (or whoever) part of being 'spiritual'? I think not. Seems to me that coloring your hair is irrelevent, unless you're seeking an identity in it, or expecting it to make you happy. As long as you keep it in perspective, that it's just a play of form, you can play, play, play. And have fun playing.

THANK YOU so very much! I feel so liberated and free now :D

Have a wonderful day everyone! Enjoy whatever form that comes into your play without losing your true identity - BEING - PURE CONSCIOUSNESS! :)
student2u

Return to Questions