Image of inner body?

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
xkatex

Image of inner body?

Post by xkatex » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:26 pm

Whenever I try to feel my inner body, I always get an image of it in my head and I feel that it inhibits me from experiencing the present moment fully, and when I simply try to focus on what's going on around me my mind sometimes creeps in without me even realising.

If anyone else has experienced this with the inner body portal would you please share how you got past it? Thank you :)

jackh

Re: Image of inner body?

Post by jackh » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:32 pm

Feeling the inner body was much easier for me the first time I read about it a year ago, when my mind hadn't accumulated so many experiences and perceptions of it. Now feeling the inner body is a complete "technique" for me with multi steps where I have to direct my attention a certain way, then it feels like I'm not fully putting my attention on my body, and then I realize I'm almost solely interacting with it through visualizing it.. I just get so lost in my mind. I feel like I need a couple more pointers than "sense the aliveness" because after being exposed to a pointer like that for a while, your mind develops an idea of what that means, and right now my mind's idea of it definitely does not lead to presence. You may try Tolle's pointer "How do I even know I have hands?" though, I find that really helpful for getting more in touch with the direct experience of the inner body.

Peaceman

Post by Peaceman » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:42 am

Testing testing! tried to send long response twice no go!!

Peaceman

Post by Peaceman » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:57 am

Thats a real pain!! Its working now! It blocked me out all night last night! Anyway....I am glad this has been brought up again its not a new thread and should be with some of the others. It is the only thing I have had a problem with in the whole of Tolle. I just dont "get it" ...but then I thought it might not be that I dont get it....it might be I see it differently than it is put? In ANE Tolle says under heading "Feeling the inner body"
"Body awareness not only anchors you in the present moment, it is a doorway out of the prison that is the ego. It also strengthens the immune system and the bodys ability to heal itself." Now what is he talking about here? Body awareness(form) or inner body awareness?
The healing itself bit is eqivalent to Chinese qi but again when one is in Being it is the same thing.
For me when one is relaxed and in Being the whole body is inner body and the outer body is gone , so "feeling" the inner body is confusing to some people because one is already in the inner body. I think its the way it is trying to be "helpful" to people but only causes confusion? Or maybe I just havent "got it"?
I must admit he does say " Some readers may find there is no need to close their eyes they can feel their inner body as they read this" which is much more along my thinking or experiencing. As said I do feel that asking people to "feel" their inner bodies instead of encouraging them to just Be , is confusing.

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:28 pm

I think it has a little bit to do with drawing your attention to your inner body.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Peaceman

Post by Peaceman » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:35 pm

Its still separating it isnt it Andy? Making it a conceptual thing, a personal thing? To just Be is to blend into the whole?

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:29 am

I have found these perceptions are extremely subtle...until they are not (so subtle).
Be present, be pleasant.

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:26 am

Many of Eckhart's recommendations are meant for those new to the experience of Presence, and the present moment. His concepts like "pain-body" and instructions like "place your attention on your awareness" (beginning of Oprah Webinar #10) are for initial readers, etc.

Directing attention anywhere feels like a "separate" activity until it doesn't. The absence of "doership" (Nisargadatta and Balsekar) is an after-effect, if you will, of awakening.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Marcel Franke

Post by Marcel Franke » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:51 pm

> my mind sometimes creeps in without me even realising.

Yes, but that doesnt count, for you were not realizing.
But you are realizing now, mmm ?
---ooOoo---