Just want to say hi

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
I AM

Just want to say hi

Post by I AM » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:19 am

to Signclone, kiki, Marcel Franke, karmarider and Onceler

I don't actually have any questions to ask. Want to thank all of you for your words. It is very true that be friendly with thoughts makes it much easier to live. I don't resist thoughts as much as I used to do any more. Almost no resistance, these days. No depression since the New Year. There was a scary dream one night and I was and am OK with that fully.

I actually have not "meditated" much since the New Year. "meditate" here is sitting quietly with my eyes closed. I haven't done that very much as it is still something difficult for me to do. I want to be easier on myself as well.

These days since the New Year, I have been much more conscious of my thoughts and my feelings. Thoughts were still there and there were quite many of them at times. When I did not resist thoughts, thoughts were there and it was just fine.

Today during a conversation with someone, something triggered pain in me so badly (a complex from childhood, I know) and I was there feeling the pain in me. The pain did not take me over. The conversation still went on, but I spoke much less while we were walking along together. That person also spoke less too. Something stupid still slipped out of my mouth, but I could cut it short as I knew what I had said. These days, I can feel inner direction much more than I did over the past 4 years. Eckhart knew without a doubt that he was to move to Canada or America. For me here, I still don't know what to do, but it's OK. I have been living in British Columbia, Canada for about one year and a half now. I felt difficulties here and there. I did quite a great deal of struggling. Just lately after the New Year that I started to see things from a wider perspective (me as part of all human beings), much less little me, much less selfishness, much less struggling. I know all these wisdoms all the time over the past 4 years, but the old patterns just kept running. I still don't know if I should remain in Canada or go back to the country where I was born. I guess, it is like we have to trust life to take us to where we should be, right? Yes, it must be Trust in life fully and no worries about anything.

I love you all.

M

PS. Can I change my username from I AM to I am? Capital letters are shouting, right? I have tried to change it but still can not. Can you change it for me please? Thank you.

Sighclone

Re: Just want to say hi

Post by Sighclone » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:04 pm

M -

We love you too. I'll work on changing your name. But although it sort of violates our rules, it's not a crisis...especially since you care to have it changed -- that intention, to respect our rules is most important.

Tune your antennae. Eckhart's were in tune enough to know what he needed to do. When yours are able to filter the static, the message will be clear. I can hear Source in your new peace. Happy New Year.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:18 pm

love back to you. Thank you.

I don't meditate, but there are activities during which I fall back into awareness. Laying down before I fall asleep, after I get up, while walking, while exercising, eating mindfully, keeping attention in the body during interactions and so on...

kiki

Post by kiki » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:31 am

HI, nice to see you here again.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Marcel Franke

Post by Marcel Franke » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:09 am

Also hi, and a hairy kiss.
---ooOoo---

I AM

Post by I AM » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:48 am

Actually, I forgot to say hi to Ananda and Mully. I felt so much love in Mully's words. The psychoanalysis might not interest me very much but the love in your words really touched my heart. :-)

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:55 am

Working on your screen name, by the way. I think you could just create another one with lowercase and announce that this is the old I AM...try that if you like.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

18andlife

Post by 18andlife » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:18 am

I AM-

I have to compliment you on your following through on Andy's suggestion "I am on vacation from nonduality." a month ago. I really admire that you were able to ease back and give things some space. It looks like it paid off. Of all the things to do in spirituality easing back is probably the most challenging. Good to see you again and glad to hear that you are well.

Marcel Franke

Post by Marcel Franke » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:56 pm

Paint it red, make it bold and exclamate it.

I AM !!!
---ooOoo---

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:07 pm

something triggered pain in me so badly (a complex from childhood, I know) and I was there feeling the pain in me. The pain did not take me over.
Presence (what you are) allows old stuff to arise. (After all, it contains all of the 'old stuff.') There may well be more of that. And sometimes there are automatic responses (now seen as painbody reflexes) which actually get out through our mouths. But then there is the next present moment in which you can say..."Whoops. I realize I just said X. I apologize. That is a reflex from some old fixations, old "positions" which I now recognize as simply conditioned responses. I'm very sorry."

The present moment arises fresh and allows us to be there. (That is poorly phrased for the reality is we are always 'it.' But it kind of feels that way for a while.) And it is very very fresh, full of the "power of now" and your companion in conversation is also there, because, like you, he or she is a Sourcebeam also. Even if they don't know it or have never heard of nonduality.

Pleased to hear that you are feeling better. That there is less pressure you are putting on yourself to "grow and understand." That there is much more personal forgiveness and acceptance of the "very OK" you.

And we're glad you are here!

Andy

Emmy

Post by Emmy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:08 am

Hi,

It's M here. My old username is "I AM". I've got a new username as Emmy. It is an extension of my real nickname "M" as a username here must be long enough and I can't get "I am".

Thanks for everything here. I want to say something, but I'm tired and going to bed soon.

M

kiki

Post by kiki » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:16 pm

Hi M.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Emmy

Post by Emmy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:58 pm

I am doing well these days, not super happy, but it is very OK. I don't expect myself to be happy all the time. I still deal with people and things. Just went back to society lately (joined a company). Be friendly with my own thoughts and emotions and say yes to what is definately make peaceful living. When I am in myself (in Eckhart's words "stay rooted in being"), life feels better in general. I am myself without making any efforts to be myself. I am honest without making any efforts to be honest. Intense wanting is not there anymore again without any efforts to stop wanting. Say yes to what is inside (thoughts & emotions), say yes to what is outside (people & things) To me, this is enough wisdom to live a peaceful life. It's something we all know, but we get drawn to the mad world and then we forgot what is very simple, very essential to life. I know that I make the world a better place by simply living life this way. :)

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:11 pm

I am myself without making any efforts to be myself. I am honest without making any efforts to be honest. Intense wanting is not there anymore again without any efforts to stop wanting. Say yes to what is inside (thoughts & emotions), say yes to what is outside (people & things) To me, this is enough wisdom to live a peaceful life. It's something we all know, but we get drawn to the mad world and then we forgot what is very simple, very essential to life.
Huge progress. Huge by any measure/nonmeasure. Expect refinements of Awareness to creep in, longer periods of being utterly thought-free. You can't make them happen, but they can be encouraged by good diet and exercise, and simple awareness of the present moment and inner body. And stay in touch and help others here who seem to have your challenges...if you like.

Andy

Emmy

Post by Emmy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:11 am

I have read some questions here and must admit that I could not continue reading for long. I want to help them, but I didn't have much to say. Many posts here were concerned about things outside of themselves so much or things far away from them (not their business). They didn't see the immediate feelings that they were facing now. Maybe I can write something from my experience. maybe . . . . In my case, I never really had a real question. To me, Eckhart's teachings are clear. His biography also points to the truth, i.e. even if you are enlightened, things might not be that rosy all the time.