Has Anyone Here had a Similar Experience of Awakening ?

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
snowheight

Has Anyone Here had a Similar Experience of Awakening ?

Post by snowheight » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:16 am

My three questions are at the end of the post, the rest of which is context. Thank you for reading.

It's been about 10 months since I started my first read of PON.

When I reflect back, the improvements to my life situation are many, and while the dream still persists, it is not often now that there is not at least some background awareness as form unfolds.

This state of seeming half-awareness/half-sleep is often replaced by a greater state of presence, and while sometimes I slip the other way back into deep unconsciousness (mostly courtesy of a pain body appearance) this is happening less and less over time. And then, sometimes, it is like a 6-yr-olds Christmas morning and my consciousness is sharply punctuated by experiences of intense awareness. I recount the details of two of these experiences in a post on the "Personal Experiences" section here --> http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth ... 510#p54510

Have any of you who have been awake a long time been down a similar road?

Is it possible that eventually I will approach most of my life with the sort of intense joy and fascination that I described in the experience post?

Is it common for those sort of "intense joy" experiences to be broken up in the beginning due to the sheer startling nature of them which seems to spark a realization-based mind thread?

Thank you once again for reading and any and all answers will be greatly appreciated.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.

Sighclone

Re: Has Anyone Here had a Similar Experience of Awakening ?

Post by Sighclone » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:08 am

Although my awakening is something which continues to evolve, starting with my first "mind-free moment" in 1974, I have periodic energized moments of deep bliss about once a day. Many are triggered by nature, but not all.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

thenow

Post by thenow » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:28 am

I know what's referred to here, and yes, I have had moments like this before my big change.

This is just me. What I experience from even deeper transformation is that this true self that we experience is always here deep inside. And there is such a thing as being connected and feeling it all the time. Just imagine how great that is. That's why I didn't know how to tell others about this before.

What I did was intense meditation in which I quickly stripped off all the added ons, and go straight into what's deep within. When ourside world doesn't work anymore, there is a force that will pull us inside, if we really really feel and notice.

However, this whole thing can potentially be another making of ego. How to learn to let go of the attachment to great result or experience is another level of journey itself.

Hope this makes sense.

herenow

Post by herenow » Mon May 03, 2010 7:02 pm

I wrote about something like this about 8 months ago:

http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth ... f=2&t=6343

It is awesome.

herenow

Post by herenow » Mon May 03, 2010 7:41 pm

snowheight wrote: Have any of you who have been awake a long time been down a similar road?
Yes, for many decades now (though I didn't know what this was).
Even today, if I'm busy with work or other things I can go for several days without 'connecting' to awareness.
snowheight wrote:Is it possible that eventually I will approach most of my life with the sort of intense joy and fascination that I described in the experience post?
Speaking only from my experience, I don't think we humans, as we are living on this plane right now, can do it 100% of the time.
But if you remember that you can sometimes achieve it, it'll still keep you pumped. Kind of like looking forward to going on a vacation.
snowheight wrote:Is it common for those sort of "intense joy" experiences to be broken up in the beginning due to the sheer startling nature of them which seems to spark a realization-based mind thread?
Again, in my experience, absolutely.
I have had times when I was doing this and scared myself. I was worried I was seeing too much and might lose contact with the "real world". Over the years I've learned that it is intense, yet healthy.

I've never talked to anyone else who's had this experience, and have only been finding others on the web who do this in the last year.