its all just unfolding

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
lightbulb

its all just unfolding

Post by lightbulb » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:01 pm

it seems to me now, that its just all unfolding as it should be ..if this is so then ...you are where u are because it could be no other way ....and if thats true then the idea that I'm taking action to bring about change is also not exaclty true either ...if conciousness is playing this out automatically ..should i just surrender and see where life takes me .? its seems very risky in certain respects ...when u havent got a job or anything yet i juts left school , 20, conciousness seems to be leading me somewhere, i know it sounds kooky ..but its like a sense, a pull .like a magnet ...i guess i need to see what happens .....

snowheight

Re: its all just unfolding

Post by snowheight » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:29 am

'bulb,

I'd like to remind you of what Tolle says about using your mind as a tool instead of letting your mind use you.

I'd recommend reading "Letting go of psychological time" in chapter 3 of the Power of Now.

Nothing wrong with making a plan to improve your life situation and sticking to it.

Namaste,

snowheight
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.

Kutso

Post by Kutso » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:35 am

lightbulb wrote:and if thats true then the idea that I'm taking action to bring about change is also not exaclty true either ...if conciousness is playing this out automatically ..should i just surrender and see where life takes me .?
Is there a difference between you and consciousness?
Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that.

lightbulb

Post by lightbulb » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:55 pm

no...theres not

Kutso

Post by Kutso » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:15 pm

Therefor, whatever you do is the action of consciousness.
Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that. Not that.

lightbulb

Post by lightbulb » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:27 pm

thanks..

RCharles

Post by RCharles » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:25 am

Hi Lightbulb,

I too am having experiences of life unfolding. Many synchronistic events are happening, so much so that it's almost like I can see the invisible hand of the universe conspiring on my behalf. As a freelance writer seeking work, I put myself in situations where I will meet people, and then I just enjoy meeting them. Inevitably, something synchronous happens and connections that benefit me or others are made. It's wild!

If you have a sense of life unfolding, and you need a job, you can help the universe give you a job. To do so, try going anyplace you like to hang out where there are a lot of people. I go to a very friendly local coffeehouse, but it could also be a toastmasters meeting, a chamber of commerce meeting, a church, a beach, anything. Then just enjoy meeting people (just say hi) and talking with them. Job connections (or other valuable connections) will unfold virtually without effort, but notice that you did have to conspire with the universe by putting yourself in a place where people are found so those connections can happen.

You never know which person will become a connection for you or you for them (or why others don't become connections), but it's exciting to watch the process just happen spontaneously. :D

RC
"They are all...perfect..." --Ken Watanabe, dying scene in the movie The Last Samurai

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:29 pm

Should I just surrender?........That, surrender, is the key to being now. Coming to your senses and inner sensation leads to wellbeing and increased intelligence.

We are all born and become a self which is an emotional body identified with 'I' . That needs it's fill of experience but eventually intelligence sees the source of suffering.

We are compelled to go out and get experience it is called living and the purpose of living is to find the purpose of life. You have to have lived enough, loved enough, suffered enough, succeeded and failed enough to eventually realise the purpose of life which is......

I am here to enjoy my life.

Not my self. To know the difference between self and being or life is the purpose of life. I always am a self while I have a body, there is no getting away from that. Self or I is indestructible it always reappears out of the state of being while there is a body. The best outcome is for my self, I, to love the state of being so much that I surrender every moment to it. I surrender my need to be unhappy.

Your self is leading you into living, go in with your eyes open. You will only be going through your self within. Be free of desire by filling desire, over and over until you have had enough of experience.. and you surrender... and then comes peace beyond understanding.
I have been inspired by Barry Long's teaching and I write this so as to acknowledge my source of inspiration. It is a wonderful help, and it is a wonderful gift.

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:42 pm

RC -

Delightful notes about synchronicity -- my experience exactly. At any given moment in a person's life, there might be four or five "next synchronous events" which would be particularly life-supporting, but sitting in a closet is unlikely to allow them to unfold. Of course, closet-sitting would have its own benefits or side-effects.

Intuition is important for synchronous events. Those antennae must be operating, and their sensitivity will become more refined, over time.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

lightbulb

Post by lightbulb » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:34 pm

thank u everyone :D