Indecisiveness

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
din

Post by din » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:53 pm

Hi all!

I'm struggling with acute and chronic indecisiveness.
Let's see now, should I answer this post or not??? :lol:
:)

petr

Post by petr » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:58 pm

answer it please. any idea is welcome.

Petr

myself

Post by myself » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:07 pm

din wrote:
Hi all!

I'm struggling with acute and chronic indecisiveness.
Let's see now, should I answer this post or not??? :lol:
LOL!

maybe :D

din

Post by din » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:16 pm

answer it please. any idea is welcome.

Petr
I guess I won't answer it.

You're obviously looking for a fix to this problem, and I can't fix it.

I don't want to give you more "ideas".

As soon as this problem gets fixed, ego/mind will come up with another. That's the nature of ego/mind.

However, if you were to drop the thought that you have a problem and remain in the present moment, that would work!
:)

weopposedeception

Post by weopposedeception » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:20 am

Whatever you "choose" is exactly what is supposed to happen. Think of it like one of those carnival rides where a kid rides a car around a track. When he steers to the right and the car happens to be going to the right, he gets a big kick of it because he thinks he's really steering the thing. When it goes the other way he gets angry because he thinks the car is not responding. Finally he figures out he has no control at all. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Learner

Re:

Post by Learner » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:47 pm

I really like this explanation, thank you! However, what if my girlfriend is asking me a question like where I want to eat and I can't decide or something more important where someone is pushing the decision on to me at that moment?
myself wrote:You're not suffering from indecisiveness. You're suffering from the thought/feeling that you should decide something.

What IS... is that here you are. Perhaps there are options available for a course of action sometime in the future. That is really not relevant.

What is NOW? What is clear NOW? In this moment... here you are. And this moment is perfect exactly as it is.

If you relax into Being, without the need to do anything or decide anything, either inspiration will alert you to take action or not. All choices to do or not do are equally correct/incorrect as they're equally meaningless. The only correct choice truly is one that arises out of inspiration. Until you are still, you will not know what that is.

When inspiration alerts you to take action, there will not be a question as to what that is. Until then, doing nothing is equally valuable.

Of course you can also accept it if you are not still... and BE with that. Acceptance brings its own stillness... it encases the lack of stillness with stillness.

Give yourself permission to not know. Give yourself permission to not "get it right". It's OK to not get it right. It means nothing, because all outer action is truly irrelevant.. whatever it is. What is relevant is GIVING YOURSELF PERMISSION TO BE EXACTLY AS YOU ARE BEING RIGHT NOW.

:D

magicbutterfly

Re: Indecisiveness

Post by magicbutterfly » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:02 pm

You could always open the phone book to the restaurant section, close your eyes and point. You might get some interesting experiences. :D

Staying where you are is also a decision. You could do that until you are sure. And if someone is pushing you for a decision, you can always decide to postpone the decision. Let's say your girlfriend is pushing you to get married, you could tell her that you have decided that you will decide in six months. :lol:

On the other hand if the landlord has thrown you out of your apartment, you may need to decide rather quickly where you will live next. Perhaps the park bench like Eckhart Tolle? :wink:

And then there is always the coin toss. It doesn't matter how the coin lands, what matters is how you feel when you see how it landed. Happy or disappointed. Then you will know what you should do.
"As soon as you honor the present moment, all unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease." Ekhart Tolle, The Power of Now