Feeling the inner body

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
xkatex

Re: Feeling the inner body

Post by xkatex » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:24 pm

So I'm confused now :P does this mean I should be feeling it as a whole?

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:32 pm

You should be right where you are, feeling whatever you feel.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:40 am

What happens is that gradually the intelligence becomes more still and more fine and can penetrate the movement and dullness of the emotional body. So keep going around the body and feeling all the parts.

All animals are this sensational state. It is the natural state. That is why they are untroubled.

We have put great effort into learning to think and the same amount of effort is required to reverse the momentum, this is why it requires time and effort to return to being a natural body.

The incentive for this is in becoming more real and giving up the unreality of living in the thinking process. That doesn't mean you loose the thinking process it means you use it when it is required, and for the 99% rest of the time you can enjoy your life, that is the life in your body.

But for now is it good to be in your body? Isn't that where all the good is, and isn't that good totally sensational?

What other good is there other than the good in your body? There is the good in your circumstantial life, but that is more like a knowledge, and that is in the body too, in the same place behind even the sensation.
I have been inspired by Barry Long's teaching and I write this so as to acknowledge my source of inspiration. It is a wonderful help, and it is a wonderful gift.