entering the inner body

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)
lovestar

entering the inner body

Post by lovestar » Fri May 20, 2011 11:46 am

I am having some experiences that are strange and would love some feedback. I have been feeling a lot of tension in my stomach and shoulders. This morning I spent bringing my conciousness into my inner body and am having some really weird results.

My body begins to contract even more where from in a lying down position it pushes me into rising up like I want to get back up.
I am letting out air and then reactions of a lion roaring like an aggressive growl...almost as if I tense up even more
and then relax/ but never seem to enter my body really in a relaxed way. It kinda freaks me out.

Any thoughts? feedback? Do I need to go through this weird phase? should I keep at it?

xkatex

Re: entering the inner body

Post by xkatex » Fri May 20, 2011 4:14 pm

One of the main things I struggled with when I started using the inner body as a portal was my approach to it; it wasn't until about a year after I had read the book that I realised I was concentrating, focusing my mind attention on a particular part of the body and this was in fact suffocating repressed emotions that needed to come up and be transmuted, when Tolle advocates the opposite. It's a relaxed, more inclusive awareness of the body if you understand? I don't know what your approach to it has been, but it occured to me that concentrating or using a concentrated effort to feel the body may be the cause of your problem? Report back to me about how you've been doing it because that may shed some light for you :)

However, if you're using the awareness approach, the experiences in your body may just be your ego or pain body's reaction to being seen for what it is, and perhaps this is arousing a lot of fear so you don't try and go into it again. I would suggest staying with the experience if this is the case, you'll feel the underlying sense of peace under all the emotional or physical pain that will pull you through.

If your body starts to hurt physically too much and you feel it might be dangerous, I would still suggest to use common sense and visit a doctor or acupuncturist.

Good luck on your journey, and remember that the inner body isn't everyone's favourite portal into the now, there are other things you can try, although the feeling of aliveness can't really be separated from any of them. :)

lovestar

Post by lovestar » Sun May 22, 2011 3:05 pm

Thanks a lot for your response. I believe there is truth in all of it.

I am experiencing a lot of resistance to feeling my inner body, and feel the need to use a stronger force to confront
this inner resistance because it does feel liberatory afterwards. ie even the air that escapes comes out of me and leaves
me feeling i can breathe easier. however, I will try to be a little more gentle with myself let myself fall inwards rather
than push etc...
I will let you know how it goes.
The resistance for sure feels like fear of being let go of. the pain body has a mind of its own, and its a stubborn one.

I think I also am fearful about being too sensual, like if I allow myself to go inwards I will be this flaky sensual woman
and lose my sense of agency... fear of being sexual? maybe ? Because thinking about it, what a joy it is to be sensual!

Maybe I have to look deeper into this aspect of my nature and learn to not only accept it but embrace it.

Thanks with grace.

xkatex

Post by xkatex » Sun May 22, 2011 4:10 pm

Sounds like you might have some repressed sexuality stuff going on, things like that get trapped in your body, perhaps from when we were taught subliminally that sex is bad or parts of our body are dirty etc. You're right, what a joy it is to be sensual! Inner body awareness definitely increases enjoyment of sex, or it does for me at least, as you can connect with the other person much more deeply. I don't think you'll become a flake though, awareness is still compatible with the rest of your responsibilities because remember the universe wants to create and manifest through you :) your new sense of agency will be the feeling of presence rather than your mind.

So when the mind comes in and says you need to do this or that, you discern whether this is true. My mind just went: better get back to revising! And now I feel like an inner pull towards that, so the function of the mind without ego is to remind us of stuff. If I had a though that said: better go and kill that kitten, I wouldn't feel an inner pull to do that because I'm present and presence sees that's insane, so the thought wouldn't be acted upon. If that makes sense?

Good luck with everything :)

arel

Post by arel » Sun May 22, 2011 5:30 pm

Yes definitely keep at it. You need to become a sensual woman. Don't resist it. "Roar like a lion"? Are you crazy? Don't do it, you'll wake up the neighbors! what are you thinking? Let the grace embrace your beloved heart. That's my advice.
What I say is only my viewpoint.

lovestar

Post by lovestar » Mon May 23, 2011 11:56 pm

Thanks to you both.

I believe there is repressed sex energy. and I don't want to repress it yet I am not sure exactly how to use it in
a healthy way. Sometimes acting on it can feel like quenching a egoic yearning, like coming from the pain body.

I do think I need to learn to relax into my sensuality/sexuality and not resist or act it out but embrace relax into it...
without feeling the need to be aggressive or passive ... yes a higher level of love making.
My partner is not there yet, and I think for this reason we have stopped making love alltogether.

I would like to embrace our bodies and learn to enjoy our sexuality in healthy ways. I feel maybe my partner is resisting this
because his ego would have to fall away to enjoy himself in an easier non animalistic but a human feeling the passion and enjoyment of our animal desires...
Does this make sense?

xkatex

Post by xkatex » Tue May 24, 2011 4:30 pm

Some of the feelings you are experiencing could be coming from the painbody, but they need to be experienced nonetheless and allowed to be; probably, the reason the egoic feelings around sex originated in the first place was because you repressed your natural sexual feelings, so they need to be embraced with the love of presence. And just because your partner isn't in the same place as you yet doesn't necessarily mean you can't enjoy sex together, or probably very few of us would be having sex! Lol

Notice his resistance, perhaps talking about your issues together might be healthy. You don't have to necessarily be spiritual, just say that you feel like you've been repressing some of your feelings, remain present and take things from there? You may be surprised how he responds

lovestar

Post by lovestar » Thu May 26, 2011 11:19 am

Wow. This forum has helped already in such a small amout of (time)!

Great observation about the pain body coming from repressing the sexuality and my present need, to be... present
during love making. I have expressed myself to him in a sincere present state my need to be sensual and enjoy my body
in a way that relaxes me and he has also experienced a beautiful shift that we shared the other night.

..this is pivotal and it brings me back to osho in his book on love and aloness, that sex should be relaxing and not a just a releaze of sexual energy but
a relaxing into this energy that is a pivotal part of our beingness. The repressin of my sexuality I think growing up in a very traditional
household has added to my pain around my desire to be physical and incontact with myself and others without the fear of
being (foundout) ( I am a sensual human being! Yes not a robot!)

Anyway things are getting better, I am awakening and am patient,

With grace and love,

xkatex

Post by xkatex » Thu May 26, 2011 4:38 pm

It's such a wonderful area of your life to allow to be, I'm so happy that you've both worked through that :)
Wow, your husband felt the shift! Out of interest, was it because you told him about Eckhart Tolle, etc, or did things just change without you talking about the spiritual stuff and it was just an observation in him without him 'knowing'?

lovestar

Post by lovestar » Sat May 28, 2011 1:23 am

He has never read anything (yet) from Eckart and I am deeply in his work right now in my life.

This shift has happened for us in a really beautiful way, and I am so grateful.

I believe my spirit was able to permeate his being and bring some shifts and with the help of this forum, I believe
I feel supported to continue and perhaps he also feels this support.

I really want to stay away from being didactic or preachy . I want to be as real as possible with him.
For me this means also relating to his reality with words he understands.

Within this context of beingness, I believe the right words are coming through and we are finding
communication that is sincere and letting go of being righteous.

Incredible.