A touch of Madness

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering
turiya

Re: A touch of Madness

Post by turiya » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:06 am

dijmart wrote:

I like your avatar

I chose it because I like how the viewer can choose to focus on the two separate faces looking at each other... or shift focus to see the space between them which seems to take the shape of a goblet (or grail... if you like. :D ).

Then, the viewer can shift focus again and see the two faces and the grail as making up one unified image.... (noticing that, if the seemingly separate faces weren't there, there wouldn't be a grail... and vice versa).

Also, I like how the entire image relies completely on the viewer...

No viewer= no image.
“We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived.” - Wei Wu Wei

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:11 am

I chose it because I like how the viewer can choose to focus on the two separate faces looking at each other... or shift focus to see the space between them which seems to take the shape of a goblet (or grail... if you like. :D ).
Lol, oh yeah!! I forgot it was also a goblet, but I could see it after you reminded me. Nice. I remember there was a dress going around facebook last year. It looked a different color to different people...very strange.
Take what you like and leave the rest.

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:17 am

runstrails wrote:Yes that does sound like more than hormones. Glad you saw that and chose to get treatment. Be watchful of any depression that may be lurking around the corner too.
Yes, of course...I don't know what I'm feeling right now. I got notification yesterday that my screening mammogram is abnormal. I'll need further testing. Not what I needed right now, but oh-well, when it rains it pours.

So, went to the mall today and bought some diamonds..lol! 1 carat for each hand...yes my husband was there, he bought one hands worth. Haha

Edit- My further testing was negative. Whew!

runstrails

Post by runstrails » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:39 am

Excellent news! Hang in there and keep taking those meds. Enjoy the diamonds too :D

turiya

Post by turiya » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:53 am

dijmart wrote:
I got notification yesterday that my screening mammogram is abnormal. I'll need further testing.
Sorry to hear. I know how anxiety-producing that can be. Hope all goes well!

Yay! Diamonds! :D

(I've always been a bit of a rock hound... always loved the way light plays on the surface of rocks and minerals.)
“We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived.” - Wei Wu Wei

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:07 pm

turiya wrote:
dijmart wrote:
I got notification yesterday that my screening mammogram is abnormal. I'll need further testing.
Sorry to hear. I know how anxiety-producing that can be. Hope all goes well!

Yay! Diamonds! :D

(I've always been a bit of a rock hound... always loved the way light plays on the surface of rocks and minerals.)
Hi,

I did edit my post to say the other testing was negative...whew! From now on I'll pay out of pocket for 3d imaging!

I don't have the diamonds yet. The new ring had to be sized. I should get it Sunday and the other (my wedding ring) I did a major upgrade on the diamond and won't get it until the 28th most likely. I'm usually super thrifty, I have a sweatshirt that's 31 yrs old, because it still looks/feels fine...lol. I hardly ever buy things for myself, so what the heck!

Anyways, for anyone who may care or is following this...I'm feeling pretty stable the past few days. Yey!

Have a great Christmas everyone, thanks for your support.

turiya

Post by turiya » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:03 am

dijmart wrote:I did edit my post to say the other testing was negative...whew!
Oh oops! lol Overlooked that somehow.

Definite "whew!"

Good to hear you've been feeling pretty stable recently, as well. :D

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:52 am

Hi ya'll,
I've tried to refrain from posting here much, since, well, I was crazy. :lol: More politically correct, I was having a bipolar episode that could not be stabilized for a longgg time.

However, I'm happy to report that I've been cleared to reduce my medications and have done so with no side effects or relapse. So, this action figure/apparent person is in remission. Whew. It was quite a ride....no depression...all hypomania/mania :shock: ...it wasn't boring, that's for sure.

Nameste,

Dij♡

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:42 am

Welcome back!
Be present, be pleasant.

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:37 am

Onceler wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:42 am
Welcome back!
Thank you :wink:

turiya

Post by turiya » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:47 pm

dijmart wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:52 am
However, I'm happy to report that I've been cleared to reduce my medications and have done so with no side effects or relapse. So, this action figure/apparent person is in remission.
Good to hear! :)