Fight or flight for the mind

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

Re: Fight or flight for the mind

Postby Rick » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:48 pm

Midnight,

Here is a powerful Mooji talk. It speaks very much to conditions similar to yours here.

Rick
Daily life IS spiritual exercise.
Rick

Postby Midnight » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:01 am

Ralph wrote:You just feel like a big fucking void !

...is that it ? ... help us out here ?

Yeah, spot on, almost.

Essentially I feel almost non-existent. Like I am everything and nothing at the same time. I feel like I blend in with everything, like my past is not real, like life is not real.

I guess some would say "well, seeing you are everything and nothing - that sounds like awakening" or something, yet these feelings just bring intense panic, fear and anxiety to me.

I can feel the fear and anxiety beneath the surface. The numbness is probably a defense mechanism against it.

Life is so challenging in this state of mind, relating to others is very hard. Does any of this make sense? Thanks for everyones continued support, I'm trying to communicate what I am feeling as best as I can.
Midnight

Postby Ralph » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:10 am

" We have a fear of facing ourselves. That is the obstacle. Experiencing the innermost core of our existence is very embarrassing to a lot of people. A lot of people turn to something that they hope will liberate them without their having to face themselves. That is impossible. We can't do that. We have to be honest with ourselves. We have to see our gut, our excrement, our most undesirable parts. We have to see them. That is the foundation of warriorship, basically speaking. Whatever is there, we have to face it, we have to look at it, study it, work with it and practice meditation with it. "

~ Chogyam Trungpa

This is where many fail ... are you one of them ?
Ralph

Postby alex » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:41 pm

Did you give the questions a go midnight? They're from Byron Katie's 'The Work'. Countless people have found them to have a miraculous effect on their issues. I think you should give them a go...
alex

Postby Midnight » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:17 am

Hi, sorry for not replying sooner.

I gave them a go and realised that really, I don't have any thoughts about what is happening anymore.

At the end of the day, I think I need to see a doctor about this. Spirituality and self-help no longer serve any purpose in my life.

I am so grateful for all the replies I've recieved on various threads I've made ever since I started the inquiry which resulted in what is happening now; thank you all.

I'm stepping off for a while. With a bit of luck, whatever damage has been done will be reversed.
Goodbye
Midnight

Postby Ralph » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:35 am

All the best to you, Midnight, in whatever direction you take. If you feel that seeing a doctor is the next move, then by all means, don't let anything stop you.

Good luck and thank you .
Ralph

Postby alex » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:40 am

Good luck midnight! As Byron Katie says, it is most often our own thoughts about a situation that are the problem rather than the situation itself. Regardless of wether your 'situation' changes or not it will help immensely for you to recognize your judgmental thoughts and understand that they cause you much unnecessary suffering.
Big love xox
alex

Previous

Return to Pain and Suffering