Fight or flight for the mind

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

Re: Fight or flight for the mind

Postby alex » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:27 pm

Ok midnight, lets try something. I know you've told us a few times now but can you tell me briefly what it is that is actually causing you so much grief, whats the problem?
alex

Postby Midnight » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:48 pm

alex wrote:Ok midnight, lets try something. I know you've told us a few times now but can you tell me briefly what it is that is actually causing you so much grief, whats the problem?

Hey Alex,

It's disorientating and confusing. Brain fog makes work hard to do, I can't plan very well and get anxious easily. My relationships with people suffer as a result of this and I feel like I can't relate normally and emotionally.

I have little interest pursuing things and feel like I'm just drifting along. Feelings of despair come sometimes for seemingly no apparent reason and it feels like the world might end or something. I also feel totally estranged from my sense of self. It's as if I'm here and not here at the same time (very very difficult to describe this).

There's alot of weird feelings I have. I just feel like my old self is completely annihilated.

I might be going through a dark night of the soul, but I'm not sure... if I am, then I want it to end, but maybe it will take a leap of faith and I'll have to accept it completely.

I just wish I'd never looked into spirituality really, and this saddens me.
Midnight

Postby Rick » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:50 pm

Midnight wrote:but maybe it will take a leap of faith and I'll have to accept it completely.

You just spoke the solution to your problem Midnight.

The Far Shore

and here is an interesting article I found on the internet with a pic of a pretty girl :-) What You Resist Persists
Daily life IS spiritual exercise.
Rick

Postby Midnight » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:27 pm

Rick wrote:
Midnight wrote:but maybe it will take a leap of faith and I'll have to accept it completely.

You just spoke the solution to your problem Midnight.

The Far Shore

and here is an interesting article I found on the internet with a pic of a pretty girl :-) What You Resist Persists

Thanks Rick, but I don't know if this is actually going to change anything. Inner peace is great and everything, but if I still feel like this during it then I couldn't care less to be perfectly honest, you know?
Midnight

Postby Rick » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:36 pm

Midnight wrote: but I don't know if this is actually going to change anything.

Here is the very thought that keeps you from moving on through the situation.

One thing is certain, nothing is going to change if you cling to this thinking.
Daily life IS spiritual exercise.
Rick

Postby alex » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:22 pm

Ok. Now how would you describe your attitude towards this situation, what is your main belief/feeling about it?
alex

Postby Ralph » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:45 pm

Okay alex, you can play the good cop and i'll play the bad cop .

Midnight, I think that you are full of bullshit, .. you are really pissing me off !

There are people here on this forum that are trying to help you but you keep giving vague answers. If you truly want help then be specific on your confusion. Speak from what you feel and not from what you think.

Now, if you are really serious about this, you can start by answering alex 's last question frrom your gut.
Ralph

Postby Midnight » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:42 pm

alex wrote:Ok. Now how would you describe your attitude towards this situation, what is your main belief/feeling about it?

Ok, I'm going to try and be as straight as possible, but it will come out vague (sorry Ralph)

I feel in ONE way, like it is what it is, and there's nothing to do about it, and there is peace, with the lack of thinking about myself all the time - I also agree, paradoxically, with the thoughts in my mind which say "Loss of memory, anxiety, a foggy mind, lack of thoughts, decreased interest in life - these are not normal, go to a neurologist for christs sake""

Does that make any sense?

Shit... it's so hard to try and communicate this, it's no wonder people get angry about it.
Midnight

Postby Midnight » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:45 pm

Ralph wrote:Okay alex, you can play the good cop and i'll play the bad cop .

Midnight, I think that you are full of bullshit, .. you are really pissing me off !

There are people here on this forum that are trying to help you but you keep giving vague answers. If you truly want help then be specific on your confusion. Speak from what you feel and not from what you think.

Now, if you are really serious about this, you can start by answering alex 's last question frrom your gut.

I asked myself alex's question and there was just nothing, I tried to feel from my gut but there was just emptiness.
Midnight

Postby alex » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:55 am

something that is ruining my life

I want out of the damn thing.

I want it to end

I just wish I'd never looked into spirituality really

Ok midnight I'm guessing that if you are very honest and take a look within you will find some kind of belief or thought pattern that is concurrent to the words you wrote above. This is the answer I'm trying to get when I ask:
Now how would you describe your attitude towards this situation, what is your main belief/feeling about it?
alex

Postby Midnight » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:30 pm

that its wrong. I suppose.

I believe deeply that it's wrong.

but it is.. its not normal.
Midnight

Postby alex » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:31 pm

Ok. Now how does it make you feel when you believe that midnight?
alex

Postby alex » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:57 am

Only after you've anwered that question to yourself I want you to ask yourself the next question. Spend time with it and answer it honestly.

Who would you be without that belief?
Last edited by alex on Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
alex

Postby Ralph » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:35 am

Midnight,

..so you are numb, life is mundane, there is just a feeling of emptiness, a void, you are lost, life is empty and meaningless. Well, if this is how you feel, and you blame spirituality for taking you there, then yes, it is a terrible place to live your life from.

So, what to do? Spirituality made you see that you are not who you take yourself to be , this is good but your interpretation of it is that it means that you are nothingness, the feeling of emptiness is all around you . You just feel like a big fucking void !

...is that it ? ... help us out here ?
Ralph

Postby Ziendus » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:15 am

MN:
> I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy

So,
despite not knowing who you are, or even what you are,
despite failure of help offered,
despite all mishaps,
despite all criticism,
despite all that has been lost in the past,
the blessing of a kind and noble heart holds its ground.
---ooOoo---
Ziendus

PreviousNext

Return to Pain and Suffering