IS THE PAIN BODY JUST NEGATIVE ENERGY OR IS IT SOMETHING ELS

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

IS THE PAIN BODY JUST NEGATIVE ENERGY OR IS IT SOMETHING ELS

Postby Testigo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:27 pm

The pain body is described by ET as negative, trapped energy in our physical body. In my search for some help to deal with a very heavy pain body, I visited and almost belonged to different sects, in some of which I realized they regard suffering as something with its own intelligence, and in certain cases, even cleverness to a point that it is capable of making special tricks to mantain its grip of the victim.
In ET’s books I have found that he has directly acted to help other persons. For instance, in A New Earth he talks about a pain body of a friend of his. After helping his friend with her problem, she got rid of it immediately. Then Eckhart went to a restaurant, and when he was there, he realized that his friend’s pain body had followed him! In there it took possession of a crippled man that suddenly started to shout abuse to a waiter and to the other clients and caused such struggle that they had to throw him out, but he came back in his wheelchair and kicked the door, shouted obscenities, etc., until the police had to intervene. All the times that I read that chapter VI I can’t avoid recalling something written in one of the Gospels about a possessed man that Jesus cured by simply ordering the demons to get off him, and they (the demons) begged Jesus to allow them to go into a herd of pigs. After that, all the animals got so crazy that finally they threw themselves down a cliff.
My question is: is it possible that the pain body is not just trapped negative energy but some kind of negative entities that really exist? ET plainly denies the existence of devils and similar entities, but still... I wonder whether or not is it possible to get rid of the pain body by appealing to some kind of... not exactly rites, but... exorcism? Nowadays a lot of such stuff can be seen on TV and newspapers, about people with special ”energetic powers” to ”miraculously” cure other persons.
TESTIGO

To land Here and Now
Testigo

Re: IS THE PAIN BODY JUST NEGATIVE ENERGY OR IS IT SOMETHING

Postby karmarider » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Testigo wrote:My question is: is it possible that the pain body is not just trapped negative energy but some kind of negative entities that really exist? .

The pain-body is just the collection of stored patterns and reactions in the mind/body. It is not an entity to itself.
karmarider

Postby Testigo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:26 pm

Thank you for your comment, Karmarider. But still I can't understand why that woman*s pain body could possibly follow Eckhart and then take possession of a different person if it is not supposed to have any volition by itself.
TESTIGO

To land Here and Now
Testigo

Postby karmarider » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 pm

Testigo wrote:Thank you for your comment, Karmarider. But still I can't understand why that woman*s pain body could possibly follow Eckhart and then take possession of a different person if it is not supposed to have any volition by itself.

It's been a while since I read that so I only vaguely remember it. But it didn't seem to me as if Tolle was saying that there was an entity called pain-body which jumped from person to person.

It's very possible that if someone has a particular pattern it can invoke a similar pattern in others. Someone who is angry might trigger anger patterns in others. That's possible--it's not mystical.

But I don't think Tolle is suggesting that the pain-body is a volitional entity. Nor am I. It's just built-up patterns, which because of memory and conditioning, seem to have some consistency and continuity.
karmarider

Postby rideforever » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:23 am

Yes, the pain body can jump from person to person, I see it sometimes in my own situation ... it does have those properties, and that is exactly what ET said.

You can pray to the almighty and surrender and they will be gone ... to truly surrender you must be truly ready.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby Testigo » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:19 am

Here I have more related doubts: In ALL religions and belief systems there are many places, entities and even persons that are energetically ”charged”, and there exist a great amount of proofs of persons getting ”discharges” of those energies to produce blessings, curses or ”miracles” through prayers or invocations. I know it because of my investigations as a teacher of History of Religions and Comparative Religions. I think that all this can be explained not exactly as miracles but natural responses through physical laws to similar or related energetic stimuli. ET himself has written about helping people with their pain body, not only with his advice, but it is implied that it has happened just with his presence. That is why he feels sometimes a little annoyed with some of his followers or with those who wait for him at the doors after his lectures, with the purpose of getting some of his energies.
TESTIGO

To land Here and Now
Testigo

Postby karmarider » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:55 pm

Human beings are porous. We are empaths. And so pain and joy do travel through us--this can be seen easily in a crowd or mob.

If we are are around someone who has a heavy patterns of remembered pain, we can feel it; if we are around someone who does not have inner resistance, we can feel it. This is in fact a personal test I use--how people react to me shows me what I am projecting in the moment.

But the "pain-body" is not an entity. It is patterns built up in the body which can be released. They can't be transferred or transmuted.

Similarly, "presence" is not an entity. It is the absence of inner resistance; it is love, and it can influence surrounding people but it cannot be transferred.
karmarider

Return to Pain and Suffering