Is there an "Anti pain-body" ??

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

Is there an "Anti pain-body" ??

Postby neil1234 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:56 pm

Hello,

I have been reading the book "Power of now" and have found the concept of "Pain-body" as an independent entity inside us, profoundly useful. This has helped me deal with many depressive thoughts and situations in my life.

But after labeling and handling the depressing thoughts, I am wondering if there exists an "anti pain-body" inside us, which promotes day-dreaming, fantasizing etc. While these tendencies may not be as problematic as depressive thoughts, nevertheless, these are powerful forces which deviate the focus from the "Now".

Has this issue been covered in Eckhart Tolle's literature. I am still in the process of reading various books. Any feedback on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards
neil1234

Re: Is there an "Anti pain-body" ??

Postby jimmyrich » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:38 am

neil1234 wrote:Hello,

I have been reading the book "Power of now" and have found the concept of "Pain-body" as an independent entity inside us, profoundly useful. This has helped me deal with many depressive thoughts and situations in my life.

But after labeling and handling the depressing thoughts, I am wondering if there exists an "anti pain-body" inside us, which promotes day-dreaming, fantasizing etc. While these tendencies may not be as problematic as depressive thoughts, nevertheless, these are powerful forces which deviate the focus from the "Now".

In psychology or Recovery work, I learned about something called a JOY ADDICT which is a person who routinely responds to everything with smiles, loving platitudes and cliches, happy-happy-happy behavior and all kinds of happy-smiley-positive reactions much like one sees at churches. My mom was one of these. So I guess you could say that an "anti-pain" body is a reservoir of happy, pleasant and joyous memories and feelings BUT..........it turns out that many, if not all, happy, smiley, lovi-dovi ppl are in deep pain but learned, in early childhood, to COVER UP and hide their pains with "joy addict" behavior and coping methods. When triggered by certain events, these joy addicts can become quite enraged and react violently since their inner pain hurts just as much as others who do not cover it up with smiles and happy statements, etc. Joy addicts hope to control everyone and everything around them with smiles and happy actions to reduce or minimize the pain inside or outside of them self and are often FILLED with unbearable pain from a rotten childhood or other traumatic experiences.

re: Has this issue been covered in Eckhart Tolle's literature. I am still in the process of reading various books. Any feedback on this issue will be greatly appreciated.
>> Not sure how much ET covers this subject but psychological literature can offer a lot about recognizing and dealing with this sad but serious form of denial and delusion which looks so healthy on the surface but is very sick underneath.
:) jim
jimmyrich

Re: Is there an "Anti pain-body" ??

Postby Fore » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:30 pm

Perhaps the wisdom-body.

A body in pain is experiencing tension(apparent solidity) this is not the truth, this is only apparently true.

The wisdom-body may feel tension and pain at the gross level but can also feel movement within this apparently solidity.

One understands that this pain is not permanent(it is not solid), it's changing constantly. With the wisdom-body one does not hold on to this pain as tightly, they can let it go.
Fore

Return to Pain and Suffering