When you decide to accept things in your life does God ever

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

When you decide to accept things in your life does God ever

Postby Pennee101 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:11 pm

have a sense of humor and throw a bus at you?

I know I wrote about this before. My family, (or I should say my mother), lost an apartment building in hurricane Sandy because she had no flood insurance. And now she wants to sell the property for literally 53% of the asking price. I had taken it upon myself to put up adds on Craig's List and I have about 5 people who are interested in the property at the regular amount. She wants nothing to do with them. Her deal is almost done or done. Her statement is, "I want to be rid of it"

I cannot shake this and I cannot let it go. I feel as if I have been stabbed in the back by my own mother. I don't know how to let go. I need to know the Peace that passes understanding because I cannot understand.

Is there ever a situation where when you really start to practice letting go and some big shot situation comes up and says, "Here, you think you can let go so easily.....watch this!"

I need something to concentrate on. I keep going back to bringing her to court for incompetence which may be true but will ruin our relationship, (as if it is not ruined now). Her lack of concern for me breaks my heart. I know I am supposed to look at that differently but I forget everything!

Someone please remind me of what I knew and teach me what I need to know more!
The Holiest site on Earth is where an Ancient hatred has become a present Love. TCIM
Pennee101

Re: When you decide to accept things in your life does God e

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:01 pm

Pennee101 wrote:I cannot shake this and I cannot let it go.

And why is that? Take a close look because resolving why you 'can't' is the road to freedom in how you can. Is it your money you are concerned about or is it hers? Will life not go on regardless of the outcome? Does your fundamental happiness hinge on what your mother does or how much this property sells for? See the truth of it.

I feel as if I have been stabbed in the back by my own mother.

Being stabbed in the back is a metaphor for where it really hurts. Where is this pain actually at? Is it the money? the trust? or what? For your own peace of mind understand what it is that is mattering to you. Then ask why it matters. You are who you are and she is who she is. These circumstances are a gift in that they reveal an issue inside you that needs attention and healing. It's not your mother. It's your perspective on this experience that is at issue.

Could your mother's attitude be her way of expressing her independence? Could she feel like others are trying to make decisions that are hers to make and she is rebelling?

I don't know how to let go.

By making peace with things as they are. Recognize that life will go on and that there is no shortage of abundance in Source consciousness of which you are a genuine extension in human form.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Pennee101 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:54 pm

Webwanderer wrote:
Pennee101 wrote:I cannot shake this and I cannot let it go.

And why is that? Take a close look because resolving why you 'can't' is the road to freedom in how you can. Is it your money you are concerned about or is it hers? Will life not go on regardless of the outcome? Does your fundamental happiness hinge on what your mother does or how much this property sells for? See the truth of it.

I feel like all my life I have had little indications that my mother was not really the loving mother that she expected everyone to believe she was. And now I feel like I have to accept that she really is not that great of a mother, nor has she ever been. I had accepted the loss of the money and was OK with it. But then when I started getting offers and she refused to even entertain them I saw something different, something that I had a hard time believing.

I feel as if I have been stabbed in the back by my own mother.

Being stabbed in the back is a metaphor for where it really hurts. Where is this pain actually at? Is it the money? the trust? or what? For your own peace of mind understand what it is that is mattering to you. Then ask why it matters. You are who you are and she is who she is. These circumstances are a gift in that they reveal an issue inside you that needs attention and healing. It's not your mother. It's your perspective on this experience that is at issue.

Could your mother's attitude be her way of expressing her independence? Could she feel like others are trying to make decisions that are hers to make and she is rebelling?

Maybe its her way of expressing her independence I don't know. I have a feeling that it is not so much about the money, for me anyway. It is about me feeling that she is willing to throw me overboard. I think I need to accept my mother for what she is and not for what I've always wanted her to be. She is not the mother I always wanted her to be and unfortunately because of my life circumstance I have been closely tied with her all these years. I always tried to act a certain way to get a certain reaction from her. And even that was a letdown. She does not have those mother-like qualities that I have always wanted in a mother and I have spent 55 years trying to make her into something she isn't. I would be much happier if I just let her be who she is and learned to give myself the love and acceptance I am looking for in my mother.

So I guess I need a crash course on self love. But I know that being in Presence is being in love and I can feel love intensely when I am not freaking out about these other things.

By making peace with things as they are. Recognize that life will go on and that there is no shortage of abundance in Source consciousness of which you are a genuine extension in human form.

WW
The Holiest site on Earth is where an Ancient hatred has become a present Love. TCIM
Pennee101

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:01 am

Pennee101 wrote: And now I feel like I have to accept that she really is not that great of a mother, nor has she ever been.

There is really no need to define her mothering in a negative way. Not because there may or may not be truth in it, but because of what effect such negativity has on you. Unless you can be clear on those things that made her who she is, you cannot know how she became the person/mother that she became. What matters is your own happiness and letting go of whatever stands in the way. Whatever it is, it is not worth inflicting pain upon yourself.

Your mother is an extension of Source Consciousness just as you, and I, and everyone else is. Make this your focus of attention, and rest in appreciation for the life lessons it offers. We are all actors in the great play of life. Let at least part of your attention stand back and enjoy the show. In time you will find it the best perspective through which to enjoy life.

I think I need to accept my mother for what she is and not for what I've always wanted her to be.

Now you're talking...

I always tried to act a certain way to get a certain reaction from her.

Yeah, we tend to do that with people from whom we want love. The wise eventually learn that the most reliable source of love is our own true nature, both for our own egoic nature and for the others with whom we share life experiences. The reality is that when we honestly love to love, what others do matters a whole lot less.

So I guess I need a crash course on self love. But I know that being in Presence is being in love and I can feel love intensely when I am not freaking out about these other things.

Focus on what brings you joy and happiness. It will no doubt have a core element of love. Make peace with the rest and move on.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby smiileyjen101 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:47 am

Pennee said: When you decide to accept things in your life does God ever have a sense of humor and throw a bus at you?

Yep!! And that's okay too!!

I have spent 55 years trying to make her into something she isn't.

Your mother is walking in her own shoes and it must feel mighty squishy in there with you trying to walk in them too. The bond between mother and child is an interesting one, yet the 'boundaries' are to be as respected as any other relationship.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby maristan » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:28 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:
Pennee said: When you decide to accept things in your life does God ever have a sense of humor and throw a bus at you?

Yep!! And that's okay too!!

Why... ?
This is what is happening to me now...I ask please do not send "this" to me, please "not this"...and "this" arrived immediately after...ten times stronger than I would be able to deal with...
I cannot understand.
maristan

Postby Webwanderer » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:52 am

maristan wrote:Why... ?
This is what is happening to me now...I ask please do not send "this" to me, please "not this"...and "this" arrived immediately after...ten times stronger than I would be able to deal with...
I cannot understand.

Consider the study of Law of Attraction. What you focus upon is what gets strengthened. Saying "please do not send 'this' to me" is essentially the same as saying pleased do send it to me. Your focus of attention attracts the life energy to create the experience.

Rather than focusing on what you don't want, focus on what you do want. What do you really want? Not what do you not want? Of course there is more to it than this, but it's a start. It matters most what you believe about your reality (what you believe actually 'matters'). Your beliefs are your fundamental perspective.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Phil2 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:13 am

maristan wrote:
Why... ?
I cannot understand.

As WW said above, you are 'attracting' what you are 'resisting' ...

Jung said "What you resist persists" ... this is the Law of Attraction (LoA) ...

If you never heard of this LoA, I would recommend to you the reading of the book "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne ... there are also many videos available on this subject on Youtube ...

So take care (and be aware) of your negative thoughts, they can be very harmful for you ... and others too ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Return to Pain and Suffering