Being Conscious is Causing Me More Pain

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

Re: Being Conscious is Causing Me More Pain

Postby rideforever » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:55 pm

Webwanderer wrote:Snippets of truth here inside a strawman, but has nothing to do with the discussion. Who said 'you are your body', 'you are your thoughts', or 'you are you emotions'? Any argument based on the assumption that these were elements of the discussion is irrelevant as it is based on a false premiss.

If you're going to alter information or create false premisses within the discussion so it strengthens your point of view, it makes it not worth having.

WW, you are an expert on defensive arguing aren't you !!

We are not having an argument - you are !

The rest of us are having a discussion.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
User avatar
rideforever
 
Posts: 1513
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:32 pm
Location: Hove

Re: Being Conscious is Causing Me More Pain

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:35 pm

rideforever wrote:WW, you are an expert on defensive arguing aren't you !!

We are not having an argument - you are !

The rest of us are having a discussion.

Presenting or making an argument to another is not the same as having an argument with another. Let me help...
Pay special attention to definitions 2 and 3 below.

World English Dictionary
argument (ˈɑːɡjʊmənt)

1. a quarrel; altercation
2. a discussion in which reasons are put forward in support of and against a proposition, proposal, or case; debate:
3. ( sometimes plural ) a point or series of reasons presented to support or oppose a proposition

As to it being a discussion, I only wish it were rather than its present form much closer to a debate. Debaters frequently resort to trying to prove a false premiss. Good ones distract with just enough truth in their 'arguments' that it successfully steers the debate away from its original purpose and into an area that can be more convincing under the false premiss.

WW
User avatar
Webwanderer
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 6280
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 12:03 am

Re: Being Conscious is Causing Me More Pain

Postby rideforever » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Your post ... what is the purpose of it other than your satisfaction ?

Your mind feeds off your negativity and defensiveness.

You should watch how you lick your lips, it reveals a lot.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
User avatar
rideforever
 
Posts: 1513
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:32 pm
Location: Hove

Re: Being Conscious is Causing Me More Pain

Postby Yutso » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:16 pm

WW quoted yutso, "Never an issue because emotions are not an indicator of alignment with source".

Oops! WW left out rest of right teaching of yutso's words, "What remains when one no longer invests a sense of self in emotions, thoughts, sense perceptions, and experiences, is alignment with source."

This cannot be understood conceptually or intellectually but only through direct experience.

WW, do you invest a sense of self in the teachings of LOA and that is why you defend wrong view so vehemently? Are you really defending a sense of mistaken identity; your ego?
Yutso
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 11:34 pm

Re: Being Conscious is Causing Me More Pain

Postby Webwanderer » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:20 am

You two guys are a lot of fun, but this argume... er, debate... uh, discussion..., seems to have gone irreparably afield. You are welcome to your perspective where ever it may lead, and the best to both. I sincerely wish you clarity, understanding, and all the joy life has to offer. :D

WW
User avatar
Webwanderer
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 6280
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 12:03 am

Re: Being Conscious is Causing Me More Pain

Postby rideforever » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:26 am

Webwanderer wrote:I sincerely wish you clarity, understanding, and all the joy life has to offer. :D WW

When you put a sarcastic face next to such words it speaks very badly of your inner state.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
User avatar
rideforever
 
Posts: 1513
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:32 pm
Location: Hove

Re: Being Conscious is Causing Me More Pain

Postby coriolis » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:54 pm

When one pretends to know what one does not and cannot.....What kind of statement does that make about one's state?

One who uses the thorn to extract the thorn might want to think about it :wink:
Look deeply inside yourself and try to find yourself.
The ensuing failure is the true finding
---- Wu Hsin
User avatar
coriolis
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:51 pm

Re: Being Conscious is Causing Me More Pain

Postby rideforever » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:26 pm

Is it not clear ? Seems very clear actually.

When you enjoy your negativity, and make jokes about sincerity ... that's a bad situation.

It's bad faith. And it seems this bad faith has been there underneath all along. It is good that it is in the open now.

When you really see what is inside you ... how you lick your lips at the negativity ... then you can learn something valuable about yourself.

Perhaps Coriolis you don't have the courage to say what you see - even this small statement you make doesn't say what you really see, what you really feel.

By keeping a low profile you risk nothing. It's comfortable.

So go ahead ... say exactly what you see ... and exactly how that makes you feel. Put all the details in, get yourself out there on put it all on the table.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
User avatar
rideforever
 
Posts: 1513
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:32 pm
Location: Hove

Re: Being Conscious is Causing Me More Pain

Postby coriolis » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:43 pm

rideforever wrote:So go ahead ... say exactly what you see ... and exactly how that makes you feel. Put all the details in, get yourself out there on put it all on the table.


I see a pompous know-it-all who'd be wise to shut up when they have nothing of value to say.

There they are, all the details out there on the table for you perusal as requested.
Look deeply inside yourself and try to find yourself.
The ensuing failure is the true finding
---- Wu Hsin
User avatar
coriolis
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:51 pm

Re: Being Conscious is Causing Me More Pain

Postby rideforever » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:44 pm

Well that's a good start, get it out there.

So, are willing to go a bit further ? How you come to your conclusions - what things that were said actually annoyed you ? What you prefer to see instead ? How you would prefer the discussion to unroll ? Stuff like that.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
User avatar
rideforever
 
Posts: 1513
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:32 pm
Location: Hove

Re: Being Conscious is Causing Me More Pain

Postby coriolis » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:55 pm

rideforever wrote:Well that's a good start, get it out there.

So, are willing to go a bit further ? How you come to your conclusions - what things that were said actually annoyed you ? What you prefer to see instead ? How you would prefer the discussion to unroll ? Stuff like that.


No further to go.

That's the end of it.

Have a great day :D
Look deeply inside yourself and try to find yourself.
The ensuing failure is the true finding
---- Wu Hsin
User avatar
coriolis
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:51 pm

Previous

Return to Pain and Suffering

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest