anxiety..

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

anxiety..

Postby bugdrops » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:16 pm

so.. is there a way to remove it completely out of me. i do realise it have some with what i think, and i know also that i mostly very good at keeping my mind quiet, but it seems as it have to be spotless, 100% spotless for it to really have any proper effect on anxiety. and situations, have a rendency of pulling me into unconsciousness, i cannot see beyond form or social status, but there is a knowing. and it is not very pleasant to have it this way, i had it like this since i was 18 now im 25, but i also see that this is something that have been building up way before i was 18, it was just that it totally imobilized me at 18. i couldnt go to store to buy food without severe panick attacks and very bad anxiety.. but atleast it have become some better, especially 2-3 years ago, but as i was coming up and out if it, god did alot of things in my life and it put me down to some degree, and i am still better but apear to have taken a small step back. and i dont want to be trapped in this cycle anymore cause it prevents me from living as i wish and doing what i wish. so up until now it is all acceptance as much as i can, but it is difficult. cause i also know that this is most likely the doing of god, and i ask him for help all the time but it apears to me that when it comes to this he is helpless, he cant do anything to help me, just very very little, just physical things, when it is doing from the inside, or repeadetly challenging myself but it is hard, and i shy away from it cause, im tired really, reacting and stuff. the only thing i see that god is good at is practical things, and lessons. i would even go so far as to say god would even let me have it this way, just cause he would think that it serves me in some way. but this present also some serious pain body issues and i have tense relationship with god, i dont really have any respect for him, there is some but i dont like him, funny enough :p, but in human form he can be more pleasent but still challenging. and god promisse everything to be fine and good, but it never comes to that part, god is not someone of he's word but at the same time he expect me to live and died by my word, and if i say something wrong, or anything some physical reaction will happen in some way. so i just go on accepting, and hoping and hoping for it to get better, sometimes i just want to end it cause it's no life go around with anxiety problems, to have social connections that i do not value much, that is just tests and lessons.. have pain body breakdowns frequently cause of not accepting all this, and, just tired of this destructive thougt patterns, and it is as if im helpless about it that i can only meditate, but, it need to be eckhart tolle meditation, spotless, else there is some undercurrent of destructive thougt patterns.
bugdrops

Re: anxiety..

Postby karmarider » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:46 pm

Hi bugdrops,

For anxiety, I have good success with a release technique (a simple one is on my site; Sedona Method is also very good) and with John Sherman's looking technique.
karmarider

Postby bugdrops » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:59 am

but i know all this.. god is so selfish he only cares for he's means and end's and i would possibly be good by now, or i would be much better off if i could have done things as i would see fit, if i was god that is. cause i wouldnt be like this god, god is so consumed in he's own play and game, he forget that i am here to live this game of he's. and then it turns to this, anger to god, cause he i so fucking useless. i need help, and god do nothing to help. but god can do things id ont want him tyo if i ask sure, god can and will do that, but if i ask for simple help nothing happens.
bugdrops

Postby merlin41 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:18 am

I tried the John Sherman's looking exercise yesterday, and felt a switch go in my brain and I experienced a vast still place with no thoughts, it felt a bit like a mushroom trip I had many years ago.
The sensation stayed with me for most of the day.

I did it again this morning and I simply got a stillness, all very interesting, look forward to seeing where it takes me.
I would certainly recommend giving it a try bugdrops
“I would like my life to be a statement of love and compassion--and where it isn't, that's where my work lies.”
― Ram Dass
merlin41

Postby Onceler » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:11 pm

merlin41 wrote:I tried the John Sherman's looking exercise yesterday, and felt a switch go in my brain and I experienced a vast still place with no thoughts, it felt a bit like a mushroom trip I had many years ago.
The sensation stayed with me for most of the day.

I did it again this morning and I simply got a stillness, all very interesting, look forward to seeing where it takes me.
I would certainly recommend giving it a try bugdrops

If my experience is any guide, it will simply take you further away from fear and straight to the heart of your life! Glad to hear you had a positive experience. Looking forward to hearing more!
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby merlin41 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:00 pm

Onceler wrote:
merlin41 wrote:I tried the John Sherman's looking exercise yesterday, and felt a switch go in my brain and I experienced a vast still place with no thoughts,

Onceler wrote:If my experience is any guide, it will simply take you further away from fear and straight to the heart of your life! Glad to hear you had a positive experience. Looking forward to hearing more!

The only problem is, my mind will say who can tell if things wouldn't have worked out in my life anyway?, I do feel everything is falling into place lately, but it was starting to when I joined this forum, so it could equally be because of this forum, or the fact I have started drinking cognac (I haven't) :) but do you see what I mean.
“I would like my life to be a statement of love and compassion--and where it isn't, that's where my work lies.”
― Ram Dass
merlin41

Postby Onceler » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:17 pm

I do know what you mean! And encourage your skepticism, as I am skeptical too. I have been doing the looking for over a year and a half and have attributed the changes to all sorts of things; a much improved whole foods diet, more consistent exercise, etc. upon further reflection (and living) I think the reverse is true. These things started and were possible several months after the time I started looking.....I had never been able to sustain positive habits for so long before. I think of it as an upward spiral! Getting rid of fear is a subtractive force, not additive. Ones life begins to streamline, I simply began to change naturally as my conditioning changed, no effort. Things just fell away and it takes time to notice they are gone.

Sherman calls his simple technique psychological in nature and not spiritual. It deconstructs our fear based conditioning and psychological apparatus gradually over time so that they stop running mechanically and the filter between us and life is worn away and we just live, immersively, without the distraction of fear and all the distortions it creates. Sound too good to be true? Yeah, sure, but it's happening to me.....and many others. Check out the forums on his page.

The looking technique requires almost no time, investment or even belief, therefore you are free to carry on whatever parrallel inquiries/belief system you want. There really isn't much to lose. Skepticism encouraged.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby merlin41 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:43 pm

Onceler wrote:
The looking technique requires almost no time, investment or even belief, therefore you are free to carry on whatever parrallel inquiries/belief system you want. There really isn't much to lose. Skepticism encouraged.

Yes I will certainly carry on with the "looking" as something definitely seemed to shift on my first try, I have downloaded Sherman's books and am reading them at the moment. Will let you know how my mind and I get on with it :)
― Ram Dass
merlin41

Postby Onceler » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:12 pm

Thanks, I'm interested as part of me remains skeptical as well!
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Return to Pain and Suffering