Can't control mind attacks

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

Can't control mind attacks

Postby Stanislav » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:04 pm

My mind is started attacking me with the some episodes of the past that i forget many times ago. Uncontrollable projecting to the future. And when i try to read a ET book it still projecting. Nothing works.
A strong discomfort in my stomach, my body is burning, a painful emotions comes. Some words from ET books flying in my head that is feel is gonna explode. I can't go to the gym and lift because mind eating all the force.

I'm not interested in enlightenment. I just want to be free of negative thoughts and emotions. I prefer memories about past and think about something pleasant. I'm not ready to dissappear.

About a couple months ago i read a New Earth, when my life is started ruining. And it helped a lot. It saved my life. I felt calm, relaxed. Everything was so bright. People around me was unhappy and angry, but for me it doesen't matter. I was happy.
But I DON'T WANT TO GET to this place. But something in me tells me - no way back.

Answer please, i need your help so much. Something just not to suffer. :cry:
Om Bhur Bhuvah Suvaha
Tat Savitur Varenyam
Bhargo Devasya Dheemahi
Dhiyo Yo Nah Prachodayaat
Stanislav

Re: Can't control mind attacks

Postby ZacharyImiola » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:46 pm

Painbody.. there is no way back to unconsciousness... however the human is not who is awakening. The human is temporary.
ZacharyImiola

Postby Webwanderer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:38 pm

Stanislav, you're not going to disappear. You couldn't if you wanted to. You might pretend it so if you like, but like all the pain you feel, it's based on imagining that something is true when in a greater sense it's just imagination creating experience to explore.

Stanislav wrote:My mind is started attacking me with the some episodes of the past that i forget many times ago. Uncontrollable projecting to the future. And when i try to read a ET book it still projecting. Nothing works.

If your mind seems to be attacking you it's because you set the conditions for it to happen. Nothing wrong in that. It's just how experience happens. We, consciously or unconsciously, adopt this or that thought construct as true and then we see whatever unfolding conditions through the lens our adopted beliefs - like em or not.

To say nothing works will only help your experience to stay the same. My suggestion is to stop fighting with the 'attacking' thoughts. Whenever you recognize one in action just say "gotcha". Recognize it as a thought and not as you, or something you can't deal with effectively.

It's just focused energy in the form of an idea that is passing through the moment. See it as such and it becomes manageable. Maybe it stays for a while, or maybe it moves on with the recognition that you are not it. Be okay with it. The more it matters to you one way or the other, the more likely it will hang around for your entertainment. Thoughts love attention - whether resistant or approving, it's all the same. Love it or hate it, just don't ignore it and it will dance for you or kick you around.

Reading ET's books are good for getting pointers and temporarily raising your conscious vibration; but it's your direct interaction with life experience, and how you adjust your perspective on what is occurring in the moment at hand that moves the chains. Resist your experience (if you're suffering, you are resisting) and you give the experience of the moment more life. It works the other way as well when you encourage you finer moments. Neither however are going to hang around forever. What does last is the awareness through which all experience, good and bad, flows.

Get in the habit and practice of letting your concerns go in favor of in-the-moment clarity, and life's painful moments will pass quickly as you will habitually, through re-training, return to your more natural state of presence and clarity. And while in-the-moment clarity is quite natural as who we are, it will likely take some practice and reconditioning to re-cognize it and regain that natural clarity. We have had after all, a lifetime of conditioning that has taught us to resist much of our experience. We have been entrained. It simply needs to be put right.

None of this necessarily means that only happy thoughts and experience will come. Such is highly unlikely. What it does mean is that it won't really matter so much, or so long, as we know clearly from practiced experience, that it's just focused thought energy passing through our experience for our exploration and consideration. It's all good - if we perceive it so. (And in the larger sense, even if we don't)

As far as disappearing, the only thing that may disappear is who you 'think' you are in favor of who you really are - which is beyond any thought constructs of identity. That real 'you' will still be physically focused, at least until you give up the body, but it won't be so lost in erroneous thought concepts adopted as a me-self since your physical birth.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Stanislav » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:11 pm

Oh, thank you so much for help!

And i have a question: is there some difference between enlightenment and freedom from a obsessive thinking and some of negative emotions? Because i want to use ET teachings for more energy in body, not in mind. Because i prefer bodybuilding it may be very useful.
Om Bhur Bhuvah Suvaha
Tat Savitur Varenyam
Bhargo Devasya Dheemahi
Dhiyo Yo Nah Prachodayaat
Stanislav

Postby Webwanderer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:54 pm

Enlightenment would be inclusive of freedom from thought should one realize such a state, but my sense is that freedom from thought is not necessarily indicative of enlightenment. Much of that depends on how one defines enlightenment. Much of it is determined by the depth of clarity one perceives from.

For me it's not worth being concerned about. Freedom from thought identification, and recognition that thoughts and experience flow through my true nature as awareness, makes for a much preferable life experience than that of fighting with arising thoughts emotions.

Just find that clarity of being found in silent alertness, and let the enlightenment debate fall to the same thought observation as any other thought flowing through awareness. There is far to much adventure, exploration and experience to be had in life to be concerned with what determines enlightenment. Find ever deeper clarity, enjoying every clear moment, and enlightenment will take care of itself.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Panic-attacker » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:36 am

I have these mind attacks, especially when I close my eyes and try and sleep. I'm doing very well with presence in the daytime, transforming my life and relationships, but I have a hurdle to get over when I'm alone at home in the evening or particularly once I hit the sack. It happened again this evening. The strange thing about it is that I''m feeling my inner body all the time now, but I still can't sleep! I've had this for years now. I'm not sure if I have a fear of being attacked by my mind when I'm asleep in the form of nightmares or something, but it's as if I have to be on constant alert. Or maybe I fear losing myself when I sleep, or maybe even the false self-image I spent most of my life constructing as a way of surviving my childhood. Either way, I can't get my head around it and I can't find anything in The Power of Now that relates to sleep. Going to bed is like coming up against a rigid hurdle I don't know now to get over. Anyway, any ideas from anyone would be very helpful. I do drop off, once I am truly exhausted, but then I sleep in till lunchtime. Sleep just doesn't make any sense to me.
Panic-attacker

Postby Panic-attacker » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:26 pm

I'm replying to my own post here, but I had a thought about it all so I am going to post it. I can remember reading that the "what if?" questions were a way of avoiding the now. I have a feeling that I am so compulsive a "what if-er" that I no longer know I even do it. Of course, this hits me most in the morning and at night when I am not fully conscious in terms of wakefulness and it's easy for the mind to take over my state of presence, as I'm not present at those times, or am I? Not sure about that bit, but I guess I am present in some way if my sub-conscience is in charge, but that then is my mind isn't it? Not sure about that point, but back to the main issue here, I am going to work on my "what ifs?" and see if there isn't some kind of breakthrough there. It happens mostly when I have something arranged coming up, particularly in the mornings. You can bet your bottom dollar I won't sleep at all the night before. I can only make arrangements for afternoons onwards otherwise I will probably just stress all night then sleep through the alarm.
Panic-attacker

Postby peas » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:53 am

Panic-attacker wrote:I have a feeling that I am so compulsive a "what if-er" that I no longer know I even do it.

Be encouraged by your awareness. If you are observing what is happening then you are no longer fully identified with the thought forms.

And there is nothing to do other than observe, even at night. Just observe.

If it helps to observe, have a pen, a piece of paper and a torch by your bed. Turn lights out. As thoughts or emotions arise, watch them for 100 breaths or so. Observe their every feature. Then use the torch to highlight the paper and list words that describe the thoughts and emotions. A torch is less invasive after your eyes have adjusted to the dark.

You might write something like "Burning" or "Heat in chest" or any other sensations or characteristic. You could even write the exact word that keeps coming up in your mind.

Buddha encouraged people to take a different path each day. This is because the mind likes to get into ruts. The technique I describe is just one new path for you to try. Share with us what happens if you like.

Be aware of taking anything too seriously, including this technique. It's all play after all.
peas

Return to Pain and Suffering