A horrible way to go.

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

A horrible way to go.

Postby Fore » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:47 pm

Had a laundry day yesterday, went to the basement and there was a funky smell hovering in the air. I tried to locate where it was coming from but could not find the source. Put a load in the washer and forgot about it, came down a couple hours later and the smell was worse, I took the clothes from the washer and opened the door to the dryer, the smell intensified. I looked in the washer, nothing, I looked in the dryer, nothing, I looked in the sink for a dead mouse, nothing.

I turned the dryer on and left again, an hour later the smell could be detected slightly on the main floor. I went downstairs and it was really funky, opened the dryer and it was really smelly, the clothes reaked of death. I searched through them to make sure there was not a dead animal in them, (not that I'm that unhygienic but you never know what can go on in a basement. :) ) The clothes seemed fine but had retained some of the smell.

I took the exhaust pipe off the back of the dryer and some lint fell out nothing unusual. I checked the washer again and it smelled really clean so I decided to wash the clothes again(for the wifes sake, I'm good to her that way :) ) I put the pipeing back together and came to the conclusion that it must have been a pair of my sons pee pee pants that had gone overlooked for some time. I switched the loads put the next load in the dryer and turned it on.

An hour later the smell was back in full force, this time I checked the lint area in the dryer, the smell was 10 times as strong. I took the pipeing off the dryer again and put my hand in the back of the dryer expecting to feel the tail of a dead mouse, what I felt was really BIG! After doing the heebie jeebie dance around the basement, I gathered my composure and pulled out a big bunny rabbit, full of maggots and smelling really gruesome.

Poor little fella, must have been looking for somewhere cosy to sleep, fallen down the pipe and could not turn around. Who knows how many times we came down and unknowingly turned the dryer on, cooking the poor little fella to death, it must have taken some time to go as well.

Horrible. :shock:
Fore

Re: A horrible way to go.

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:15 am

After doing the heebie jeebie dance around the basement, ...

Acceptance :|
This is what is required of me in this moment. Eckhart Tolle.

Thanks for sharing your tale Fore. Isn't it funny all the logic / expectation that fills out our journeying /experiencing.
Very well written by the way, carried me with you beautifully - I too was 'expecting' a dead mouse, poor bunny.

In that fleeting moment before your 'reveal' I flashed on the memory of a similar sad/horror realisation. I used to work in an animal sanctuary where the 'dead mouse' smell was kind of normal. Once while typing on a then 'modern' typewriter instead of the normal click, click sound, the keys were squishy dull thud, thud sounding. It took my 'logic' a few goes to realise it wasn't a fluke and it wasn't changing even if I was hitting different keys, and no matter how hard I 'hit' them, 'thinking' I could unjam whatever was stopping the keys from following through with more force....

Yup, dead mouse caught in the typewriter!.... heebie jeebie dance around the office!!...
and :cry: :oops: on the 'more force' I'd enacted.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Re: A horrible way to go.

Postby Fore » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:59 pm

smiileyjen101 wrote:Acceptance :|

Yup, Nail on head jen.
Fore

Return to Pain and Suffering