What to do when you do not know what to do anymore?

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

What to do when you do not know what to do anymore?

Postby starting » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:33 pm

Hi
I am so confused regarding my life. I know that a lot of things are in the past and I need to live in the present but it is almost impossible to forget things that I wanted so much and I lost it due to my fault. And I blame myself for not doing the right thing at the right moment.
When it is what you wanted most in your life. Maybe the only dream you had and it is not possible anymore. So…you cannot visualize other life…other path.

The biggest pain happens when I remember that I had the chance in my hands, but I was not able to see and act at that moment. My actions would be different now…so it hurts. Now I can see it, but I don’t know why another chance was not given to me. I did nothing considered "wrong". I just did not act, maybe I waited too much to act.

Sorry for this post..I don’t know if this topic is relevant but I would be very grateful if you help me and give me some advices. I really do not know what to do anymore.
“Your life is in transition from a caterpillar to a butterfly. Something may be saying: `Where is my leaf?’ Don't fear. Trust. All is well. How auspicious that Grace has picked you up like this. Hold this gratitude inside your heart” ~ Mooji
starting

Re: What to do when you do not know what to do anymore?

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:09 pm

How do you know another 'chance' is not forthcoming? Maybe not with the exact same situation, but with something just as rewarding or even more so? Consider that you may be blocking your next opportunity by lamenting what's past. Where is the focus of your attention? Where ever that is is where you are directing the energy flowing into your life experience.

Life is not about one particular experience - whether claimed or passed by. Life is an ongoing creative expansive potential. You will in large part create your experience as conditions unfold in your life. Will you back into your life experiences looking only at the past and comparing what is to what you imagine could have been? Or will you look to the present moment and choose the best of what unfolds for your focus of attention and appreciation?

Nothing changes the past. At best we may recreate our memories of it either for our benefit or for our detriment. We each get to choose what any experience, past or present, means to us and can experience it through that meaning. That said, I consider it best not to spend much time rooting around in memories. Those of import will likely arise on their own and I can make the best of them as I will. Far better it is to appreciate what is as it is and look to how I would like things to be as those considerations arise.

We each have an intelligent and loving inner guidance that is vested in our human well being. As we let go of our judgements of right and wrong about the experiences we have, a clarity can arise as we align with that guidance. It helps greatly to spend regular and consistent moments in thought free silence, alert to the feel of our true nature. It is here that inner guidance is allowed to blossom. It's always available because it's always present just beyond and within our thinking identities. A little time resting in clear awareness brings recognition and familiarity to the true nature of our own beingness.

Look to find joy and appreciation in what ever life has to offer. The more you do, the more life will offer opportunities for that joy and appreciation to unfold.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby starting » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:26 am

Thank you very much for your attention Webwanderer.

I don’t want to stay where I am now. Sometimes I think about some possibilities, but nothing strong enough to make me take the first step. I feel weak and sad at this moment.

Is there a way? If I start doing things, even if I don’t feel happy, do you think things can become better? I don’t know if I need to find something I would like to do, it is being difficult to me now...or if I just need to go with the flow while waiting for the new chance…and then something might happen.

thank you
“Your life is in transition from a caterpillar to a butterfly. Something may be saying: `Where is my leaf?’ Don't fear. Trust. All is well. How auspicious that Grace has picked you up like this. Hold this gratitude inside your heart” ~ Mooji
starting

Postby SandyJoy » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:10 am

We really must discover that happiness does not depend on anything 'out there'. Happiness is not dependent of getting what you want. Misery is not dependent on not having it your way. Misery and happiness have nothing to do with what happens to us. They are not connected. Your state of mind/heart/knowing/self is not subject to the outside happenings.

There are plenty of drug addled, depressed people who got everything they wanted, and are still miserable and angry and all wrapped up in their self pity.

There are plenty of joyful, peaceful, happy people who have found the Sweet Light of God in all things. Plenty who have found the Real Freedom. That is Real Freedom is found in spirit, in being, as Identity, this the Life That I Am.

Fullness and Totality make all your choices perfect when seen in the long view, from the highest peak.

We go on loving, despite the scenery. That is bliss and wonder and freedom.

We are here to find our perfect, whole, marvelous, glorious self-- not to find the perfect, great, just what I wanted situation.

Life is a lot deeper than you realize, but you are to here to realize it.
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.
SandyJoy

Postby Webwanderer » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:06 pm

Beautiful SandyJoy.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby starting » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Thank you SandyJoy and WW

Take care
starting

Return to Pain and Suffering