Why is it so hard to not think and suffer

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

Why is it so hard to not think and suffer

Postby Marcell » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:27 am

I sometimes look at my dog and wish I was a dog, really...he just sleeps there peacefully and happy. I have to worry all the time, except when im mountainbiking or anything, I have to distract myself from thoughts by tv until im so tired that I can go to sleep right away. I couldnt just relax in bed - then Id be bombarded by thoughts and worries. It seems impossible to ever be at peace without alcohol or certain activities. It is so hard to not think and not worry and not be afraid. I also wonder if Eckhart back then had any pointers or interest in spirituality do you think he would have not been so depressed like he was?
Marcell

Re: Why is it so hard to not think and suffer

Postby Stanislav » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:56 pm

It's not impossible to relax. You don't need alcohol and even tv to relax. Just don't try to run from your feelings and thoughts because it will not help and can possibly make this worse. Just accept it as it is.
And i strongly recomend you meditate instead of watching TV, it will help you i hope. Try Vipasanna and Shamatha meditations. It's easy to find instructions.

Best wishes.
Om Bhur Bhuvah Suvaha
Tat Savitur Varenyam
Bhargo Devasya Dheemahi
Dhiyo Yo Nah Prachodayaat
Stanislav

Return to Pain and Suffering