my painbody has been triggered

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

my painbody has been triggered

Postby Attention » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:06 am

i've social anxiety, my painbody has been triggered by some situation that happened before 2 days ago, and i cannot stop thinking about it. sometimes i can face negative feelings, but this time they are extremely negative, i can not even describe them. i just don't know what to do .
Attention

Re: my painbody has been triggered

Postby Fore » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:09 pm

Just breathe, every moment aware of the breathe is a moment free from the grip of anxious thought, in its own time this will pass.
Fore

Postby peas » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:29 pm

The fact that you know that the painbody has been triggered means that there is enough space for awareness. That's a great start. Now, enter the now from there.
peas

Postby Attention » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:32 pm

Fore wrote:Just breathe, every moment aware of the breathe is a moment free from the grip of anxious thought, in its own time this will pass.

Thank you.

I'm still can't use the breath to clear my mind, I've tried Anapana meditation but i failed!
Attention

Postby Attention » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:43 pm

peas wrote:The fact that you know that the painbody has been triggered means that there is enough space for awareness. That's a great start. Now, enter the now from there.

Thank you.

I am aware of things, but my mind still can beat me down. It requires great amount of alertness for me to enter the now. it's really a big challenge..
Attention

Postby peas » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:58 pm

Attention wrote:
peas wrote:The fact that you know that the painbody has been triggered means that there is enough space for awareness. That's a great start. Now, enter the now from there.

Thank you.

I am aware of things, but my mind still can beat me down. It requires great amount of alertness for me to enter the now. it's really a big challenge..

You talk as if it's your personal mind. It isn't. It is the collective mind of which you have inherited a small part.

Consciously realise these things. It's not personal. None of what you experience is personal, even if it seems like that.

What is your method for shifting your attention from thinking and emoting to awareness?
peas

Postby Attention » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:19 am

peas wrote:
You talk as if it's your personal mind. It isn't. It is the collective mind of which you have inherited a small part.

Consciously realise these things. It's not personal. None of what you experience is personal, even if it seems like that.

What is your method for shifting your attention from thinking and emoting to awareness?

thank you. and sorry for the late reply, it's just because these days i can't get my mind clear to talk, i still feel no good, strain in my head, upset in my chest and the rest of my body is contracted. last time i felt like that, i get immediately better after crying! but even that is hard for me now, because i've developed "not to cry" for years, now i know it was a bad habit.

yes it's not personal but it seems so personal, probably i got heavy share of the collective pain, which may can increase my chances to wake up if i can just know how to deal exactly with my situation.

about my method: sometimes i just get sudden realization that i'm overthinking for example! then i try to get into the now by trying to feel some part of the body or paying attention to the sounds around me, the first method still can't slow my thinking down, but the second can do, i can enjoy a gap of 2-3 seconds without thinking! and othertimes i just overthink about why i'm overthinking!

sorry for the mixed reply, i just can't do better than that right now!
Attention

Postby Attention » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:43 pm

i did reply but it didn't show up!!!
Attention

Postby davemill » Fri May 09, 2014 5:24 pm

Attention wrote:i've social anxiety, my painbody has been triggered by some situation that happened before 2 days ago, and i cannot stop thinking about it. sometimes i can face negative feelings, but this time they are extremely negative, i can not even describe them. i just don't know what to do .

Some weeks have passed. Are you able to be more present today?
I'm a Dad.
davemill

Postby Attention » Sun May 11, 2014 1:04 am

davemill wrote:Some weeks have passed. Are you able to be more present today?

yes i do. of course the mind still doesn't stop speaking, but i can operate and work or study. some small negative feelings i can surrender to and feel them. things are better now, thank you :)
Attention

Postby blissedandzen14 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:27 am

I also experience this. I'm at a point now where I recognize that my painbody has been triggered, sometimes I know what thoughts have caused it and sometimes I don't. What do you mean by enter the now from there? Is this something I can do or is it something I have to be patient and wait to happen on it's own?
blissedandzen14

Postby ClarityofMoment » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:50 am

It COULD be your subconscious mind's old neural pathways have yet to come down and be replaced by your current positive mindstate. I've read, that it's not uncommon for people to undergo drastic positive spiritual experiences consciously, but they'll still feel as if "something" is still holding them back, and they'll begin to feel as if they're going "backwards" and negative feelings and emotions will arise. You might find some insight by going to Google, type in "CalmDownMind Subconscious Mind" and there should be an article relating to the programming of the subconscious mind. You might have some luck and find some useful info there.
"Pervading all that it reaches,
effortless with gentle equality,
the highest mountain, you are there
the lowest valley, you are there,
where I am, you are there,
where you are, I am there"
ClarityofMoment

Return to Pain and Suffering