Can spirituality heal your psychological disorder ?

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

Can spirituality heal your psychological disorder ?

Postby Phil2 » Thu May 01, 2014 4:59 pm

Spiritual teachings, like those of Eckhart Tolle (but also others), can really heal you from all kinds of mental (psychological) disorders.

Because when you really understand the core of spirituality, you know with certainty that there can be NOTHING WRONG with you fundamentally ...

So a really 'spiritual' person can never be depressive any more ...

Do you realize how huge this statement is ? Its incredible potentiality ?
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Can spirituality heal your psychological disorder ?

Postby dijmart » Thu May 01, 2014 7:10 pm

Phil2 wrote:Spiritual teachings, like those of Eckhart Tolle (but also others), can really heal you from all kinds of mental (psychological) disorders.

Because when you really understand the core of spirituality, you know with certainty that there can be NOTHING WRONG with you fundamentally ...

So a really 'spiritual' person can never be depressive any more ...

Do you realize how huge this statement is ? Its incredible potentiality ?


I think that the teachings, as you put it, reduces or eliminate the negative thought patterns, ect and therefore can appear to have "cured" someone from a psychological condition who never took medication or is no longer taking medications. However, perhaps that person didn't really have a true psychological condition to begin with and was just unhappy about his/her life condition, causing suffering to themselves.

Where I disagree with you is that if someone has a psychological condition that requires medication due to chemical imbalances in the brain and their neurotransmitters, then it's only partly the negative thoughts and the other part is biological. You can work on the thoughts, but the rest is matter/form and can only be altered with medications.

If someone has diabetes, they can not control their insulin levels with spiritually or oneness, same goes for someone with a chemical imbalance in the brain that cause "many" of the psychological disorders. Both Ramana and Nisargadatta died of cancer, just because they were Sages didn't prevent their bodies from getting disease and dying from those diseases.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
User avatar
dijmart
 
Posts: 2079
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: Can spirituality heal your psychological disorder ?

Postby Phil2 » Thu May 01, 2014 9:20 pm

dijmart wrote:
Where I disagree with you is that if someone has a psychological condition that requires medication due to chemical imbalances in the brain and their neurotransmitters, then it's only partly the negative thoughts and the other part is biological. You can work on the thoughts, but the rest is matter/form and can only be altered with medications.

If someone has diabetes, they can not control their insulin levels with spiritually or oneness, same goes for someone with a chemical imbalance in the brain that cause "many" of the psychological disorders. Both Ramana and Nisargadatta died of cancer, just because they were Sages didn't prevent their bodies from getting disease and dying from those diseases.


No, having a chemical imbalance does not mean to have a psychological problem ... you can have a headache without making a psychological problem out of it, a headache is just a physical discomfort, no more no less ... I do not say that spirituality will heal your physical problems (though maybe it could be so in some cases called psycho-somatic diseases) ...

The examples you give of cancer and diabetes are physical problems, not psychological ... could you imagine Ramana Maharshi being depressive ? A depressive sage ?

??

There is an old saying in French "Un saint triste est un triste saint"

(it's a pun roughly translated as "A sad saint is a bad saint")
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Can spirituality heal your psychological disorder ?

Postby dijmart » Thu May 01, 2014 10:24 pm

Phil2 wrote:No, having a chemical imbalance does not mean to have a psychological problem ...


Chemical imbalances in the brain can cause hallucinations, delusions, psychosis, mood disorders, ect. These are the physical and psychological side effects of the imbalance "manifested" in behavior and person experiencing hallucinations (visual, auditory, smell, taste), ect. That's why you can give someone having any of these problems antipsychotics and they help or get rid of the problem all together.

If they were thought based then how could taking a pill help? Especially, if someone is psychotic and doesn't even realize they are taking the pill (so no placebo effect), sometimes it's in the form of an injection also. The medication is chemical, therefore having a physical effect on the brain that relieves the symptoms that manifest.

FYI- I worked as a psychiatric nurse for awhile.

Edit: Also, Depression can be caused by a lack of the chemical Serotonin. That's why they prescribe Serotonin re-uptake inhibitors for clinical Depression.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
User avatar
dijmart
 
Posts: 2079
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: Can spirituality heal your psychological disorder ?

Postby dijmart » Thu May 01, 2014 10:51 pm

Point being, one person may have to take insulin for their Diabetes and someone else may have to take antipsychotics for Schizophrenia. Can someone who is now enlightened, but was schizophrenic not have to take their meds anymore? I doubt it.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
User avatar
dijmart
 
Posts: 2079
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: Can spirituality heal your psychological disorder ?

Postby Phil2 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:55 pm

dijmart wrote:
Phil2 wrote:No, having a chemical imbalance does not mean to have a psychological problem ...


Chemical imbalances in the brain can cause hallucinations, delusions, psychosis, mood disorders, ect.


When those hallucinations happen to a sage, those are called 'mystical visions' ... did you know that Carl Jung did experience himself such hallucinations for several years after his rupture from Freud in 1913, he reported all those 'mystical' experiences in a manuscript called the "Red Book" which has been published only recently (some 10 years ago, Jung died in 1961). But of course Jung did never publicly acknowledge he was a 'mystic', he would have lost all his scientific credibility ... he said it to some very close friends only, especially at the end of his life when he got much interest for Eastern religions Hinduism, Buddhism and Taoism (he met some gurus and teachers in India, and was very much interested by Ramana Maharshi though he had no opportunity to meet him personally) ...

Carl Jung did not make of those 'psychotic' episodes a 'psychological problem' ... he studied those experiences very 'scientifically' ...

dijmart wrote:Edit: Also, Depression can be caused by a lack of the chemical Serotonin. That's why they prescribe Serotonin re-uptake inhibitors for clinical Depression.


I don't deny the correlation between depression and chemical imbalance, what remains unknown is :

Is chemical imbalance the cause of depression or is depression the cause of chemical imbalance ? ...

Pharmaceutical companies have interest in the first assumption to sell their stuff, while my take would rather opt for the second option ...

Moreover the efficiency of those SSRI anti-depressors is still not clearly demonstrated ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Can spirituality heal your psychological disorder ?

Postby Phil2 » Thu May 01, 2014 11:00 pm

dijmart wrote:Can someone who is now enlightened, but was schizophrenic not have to take their meds anymore? I doubt it.


From what I know we have at least one habitual poster in this forum who has acknowledged schizophrenia, maybe he can tell us more ? ... but I don't know if he considers himself as 'enlightened' :-)
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Can spirituality heal your psychological disorder ?

Postby dijmart » Fri May 02, 2014 2:29 am

Hey Phil,

Well, we've put out some perspectives for others to chew on. I'm not disputing their are probably even more ways to look at the issue. The consensus from a medical stand point is that treatment for psychological disorders (severe enough to be considered chronic and clinical) are treated with one or all- medication, cognitive behavioral therapy, electric shock therapy, ect.

Also, there are schizophrenics, like in the movie "A beautiful Mind" (great movie by the way) that choose to go off meds due to side effects. Of course that would be very hard for most people and most can not do this actually, but I'm not saying it is never done. In a case such as this, there would have to be a "knowing" (awareness) that these symptoms are NOT reality and they would have to dissociate themselves from the symptoms, if that makes sense. So, in a situation like this, I suppose the suffering could potentially be minimal. But, even if they know it's unreal, it doesn't make it easy. I mean look how difficult it is just to deal with the ego!
Take what you like and leave the rest.
User avatar
dijmart
 
Posts: 2079
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: Can spirituality heal your psychological disorder ?

Postby Filander » Fri May 02, 2014 4:54 am

Conditions that have a definite physical or neural aberration associated with them might be too ambiguous to start with. How about something like neurosis?

I read an article by Osho in which he basically trashed the whole field of psychotherapy. He said the mind is a "problem-making machine", it will create new problems as fast as you solve them. Don't fix it, transcend it.

But I think teachers sometimes forget that they are teachers, not actors.

They can teach us to settle into the living present, by example.

But they cannot teach us how to continue acting, by example. That is not their function.

So for those of us who still need to negotiate the "problem-making machine", I think psychological work can be just as important as spirituality.
Filander
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: Can spirituality heal your psychological disorder ?

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri May 02, 2014 6:32 am

The movie 'A dangerous method' shows interactions between Freud & Jung on what 'should' or should not be detailed in their working together, and their parting of the ways. It does also show Jung's experiences in precognitive awareness. He detailed a dream that depicted the emergence of WW2 covering Europe in flowing blood - after which he became quite depressed himself.

How I 'took' that part of the movie was him trying to balance the 'accepted' and the 'known' - and the sense if he did accept the validity of the precognitive awareness and yet could do nothing to stop it, what was it's worth or purpose? A tricky area indeed.
It was depicted that Freud took part in an experiment with Jung that proved Jung's ability, and then told Jung they still couldn't venture down that path because it would invalidate the rest of their research findings.

The underplay of it though is about Sabina Spielrein being treated for hysteria - female sexuality was considered to be a result of 'hysteria' at the time and a psychological or physical 'problem' / disturbance. This has also been covered quite well in the movie Hysteria, depicting the invention of the vibrator.
http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/hysteria-2012
And also in the television series Master of Sex, about Masters and Johnson and their studies in male and female sexuality.

...Many of the 'disorders' that are treated as medical are socially interpreted within the time and moral & behavioural beliefs of the 'ruling' or powerful. And many are flawed.

Today we consider ADD & ADHD as 'problems' and medicate like there's no tomorrow, mostly because some children won't sit still in class and pay attention to someone who believes that they should. In some cases what used to be considered 'boys being boys' and venting physical energy is now frowned upon, and at the same time it is being questioned as to whether the immense number of children being medicated is valid.

It may be that some have underlying physical or mental conditions that have been wrongly assessed, diagnosed or treated - I know of one person who was declared to have ADD based on teacher's reports of unruly behaviour in class, who could sit for literally hours drawing incredibly detailed pictures.

I hold to the notion that if the map differs from the ground, the map is wrong (flawed). However many are just keen to put a label on things and 'fix' it.

It was later found that this person had dyslexia from an injury at birth and his behaviour in class was to draw attention away from being criticised or 'found out' in his genuine inability to reproduce letters the way the teacher drew them. He had learned how to remember an entire story book from someone reading it to him, so he could 'read' it back to a teacher.
His writing was not only like Egyptian hieroglyphics - but he could read them back as he had intended them to read.

Our reaction to such a thing is critical in the acceptance within the child/patient that it does not define who they are, or their worth in our society. Unfortunately this gets overlooked.

I agree with Jung not calling himself a 'mystic' (then again, of course I would :wink: ) it was merely known as having 'the sight' or if with feeling being 'fey' what one chose to do with it was/is still a personal journey. Many times folks have denied ever having an ability or experience of the kind and then say 'There was this one time when.......' :roll: If the map disagrees with the ground, the map is 'wrong'.
The map that Freud argued for was not only 'wrong' he knew it was wrong, or at least hiding things by choice.

I think Ash's pointing out that the 'robots' being built have this ability 'programmed' into their 'artificial intelligence' (and hence can be better drivers than us etc) is a very interesting pseudo admittance of the fact that intelligence can perform in this manner. and no, drones and intelligent cars etc are not 'mystics' either.

Spiritual teachings, like those of Eckhart Tolle (but also others), can really heal you from all kinds of mental (psychological) disorders.

Because when you really understand the core of spirituality, you know with certainty that there can be NOTHING WRONG with you fundamentally ...

So a really 'spiritual' person can never be depressive any more ...

Do you realize how huge this statement is ? Its incredible potentiality ?

Nor is there anything wrong with anyone / thing else. Differences occur and are interpreted according to awareness, capacity & willingness to do so.

Different is not wrong, it's just different.
And one day (maybe) we will encounter a sociopath who hasn't taken their meds.... (either because they haven't been 'valued' enough to deem them worthy of balancing their chemical uptake paths and we haven't invented meds for them yet, or because they have decided they don't like the feeling of empathy that the meds would create in/of their experiences.)
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
User avatar
smiileyjen101
 
Posts: 3688
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:44 am

Re: Can spirituality heal your psychological disorder ?

Postby Phil2 » Fri May 02, 2014 9:39 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:It was depicted that Freud took part in an experiment with Jung that proved Jung's ability, and then told Jung they still couldn't venture down that path because it would invalidate the rest of their research findings.


Yes, it is clear that Freud did not want to lose his credibility in following Jung in his so-called 'para-normal' experiences ... Freud was a 'scientific materialist', he did not want to open the door to the 'unexplainable' or 'irrational' or even 'mystical', so he wanted to stick exclusively and stricly to his 'sexual theory'. This has been the main reason for their rupture. Also Jund did not accept the 'paternalistic' way of Freud (Freud was 19 years older than Jung), when Jung asked Freud to relate his dreams, Freud refused and said "I don't want to risk to lose my authority by relating my dreams to you" (this scene is described in the movie "A dangerous method"). Jung took this badly, and considered that Freud wanted to treat him as a patient and not as a friend.
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Can spirituality heal your psychological disorder ?

Postby Phil2 » Fri May 02, 2014 9:53 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:
The underplay of it though is about Sabina Spielrein being treated for hysteria - female sexuality was considered to be a result of 'hysteria' at the time and a psychological or physical 'problem' / disturbance. This has also been covered quite well in the movie Hysteria, depicting the invention of the vibrator.
http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/hysteria-2012
And also in the television series Master of Sex, about Masters and Johnson and their studies in male and female sexuality.

...Many of the 'disorders' that are treated as medical are socially interpreted within the time and moral & behavioural beliefs of the 'ruling' or powerful. And many are flawed.



I cannot agree more on this.

Freud had the immense merit to see that sexuality was the cause of many mental disorders, but what he did not question is the real cause of those disorders.

Why does sexuality, which is a natural thing, cause such disorders ?

He did not see how the patriarchal model of society we lived in did (violently) 'confiscate' women's sexuality in order to install men's domination over women ... only by 'controlling' women's sexuality inside the institution of 'marriage' could men perpetuate their domination over their 'family' and women's children ...

So any breach of sexuality outside marriage (potentially leading to the birth of children outside men's control) has been strongly condemned by the patriarchal society, backed in this by all religions and traditions which made sexuality an unquestionable 'taboo' ...

I don't know if you perceive the incredible instituted violence of this ?
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Can spirituality heal your psychological disorder ?

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri May 02, 2014 11:39 pm

Phil said: I don't know if you perceive the incredible instituted violence of this?

Oh, I do Phil.... I live/d it :wink:

I don't know your age, but it's heartening to read that you see it also.
Watching the response of the doctors (all but one male) at the presentation of Masters & Johnson's work, presented by Masters was .... well just funny for me, and brilliantly depicted in their outrage and the punishments that MUST befall the players in it for suggesting - nay, not just suggesting but depicting in a full motion movie (that was then decried as pornography) that the female sexual responses didn't actually 'need' a male, and omg worse than that they can please themselves, and they can do it (orgasm) more often than a man can.

The 'devil's work'..... is often just telling the truth against the lies of the powerful who would lose their power without the belief in the lies.

While I was watching the outrage at the film presented by Masters - the internal workings of the female body in arousal and orgasm, and non-identifying hand reflexes in orgasm only - I pondered that if this was pornography, then what is the depiction of other organs working inside the body, or operations even .... butchery? I couldn't think of a fitting 'label' usually it's just called clinical, or scientific ... and yet these terms could not apply in that situation only because of the beliefs of the (majority) of the audience who had a vested interest in this information not becoming accepted/acceptable/common knowledge.

Now... we all naturally do this prejudicing all the time. Prejudicing according to our knowledge or ignorance is absolutely normal. (awareness being the first of the triad - awareness, capacity and willingness)

It's only bigotry if facts to the contrary are presented and ignored - then it's a choice.

Here we are in 2014... goodness me that's a long way from the 'struggles' of the 60s and 70s and yet, I had occasion to remark this week that the fact that a woman does not have a penis does not determine her level of capacity in a profession that requires no strength and little skill after it was commented that 'blokes always' did a particular task 'better' than a woman could or does. If we are blind to the blindnesses of our perspectives is it in awareness, capacity or willingness? Only the first person knows the answer to this.

Yes, I perceive/live with the violence of it still.
There are many men who have not and will never 'forgive' Masters :lol:

(and even sadder/funnier many that do not understand that Masters was being led by his own penis and succumbing to the intelligence of Johnson that could not be publicly presented by her, a mere female and not a doctor at that time---ah... Eve does it again!!)
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
User avatar
smiileyjen101
 
Posts: 3688
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:44 am

Re: Can spirituality heal your psychological disorder ?

Postby Phil2 » Sat May 03, 2014 9:47 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:
The 'devil's work'..... is often just telling the truth against the lies of the powerful who would lose their power without the belief in the lies.


Yes very true ...

There is an old adage :

"the one who tells the truth, give him a horse" (so he can fly away quickly)

I think we touch here a very fundamental question for the whole humanity. We have been living in a patriarchal model of society for thousands of years probably, where men have instituted, most often (well not to say always) violently, their domination on women.

But the fact is that there can be NO peace in this world as long as half of humanity (even a little more than half) is considered to be inferior to the other half ...

Now I will even say something else: when you try to imprison another person (or even an animal), you become a prisoner yourself ... because you are now the 'guardian' of your prisoner ... action/reaction effect ... do not do to others etc ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Can spirituality heal your psychological disorder ?

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun May 04, 2014 5:38 am

Phil said: I think we touch here a very fundamental question for the whole humanity. We have been living in a patriarchal model of society for thousands of years probably, where men have instituted, most often (well not to say always) violently, their domination on women.

You may have, I haven't :lol: Sure I've met it, seen it, lived with it, but that doesn't have to be the experience of it. As in one can only be truly 'dominated' with their permission. I may have said 'no thank you' quite a few times :wink:

Phil said: But the fact is that there can be NO peace in this world as long as half of humanity (even a little more than half) is considered to be inferior to the other half ...

It's not that neatly defined. Not just male-female but many discriminations of difference being distorted into bigotries. Races, beliefs, economic considerations, educational priorities, political allegiances, resources etc

The 'danger' of seeing it quite so black and white is that it creates the uprising and support for reverse discrimination, equally destructive and just the other end of the pendulum.

Being a fairly confident female (thank you mum & dad and my familial /cultural background that is more matrilineally defined, not matriarchal....hmmm even my spell checker won't accept that term & wants to substitute 'maternally' - whole other connotation) for the most part unless someone pointed it out to me or made a point of it gender didn't occur to me to be a signifier of anything. As an immigrant child, racism and economic (lack of) bigotry arose as well. I was excluded from even being considered for senior education not because of my ability but because I was a 'female' from 'poor area', it was deemed it would be wasted on me.

While at uni as a mature age student (after decades of working and saving to be able to put myself through a course) ageism surfaced as well, one of the 'best' was a comment of why mature age students were such a pain and scored so well compared to the younger ones, 'It's not that you're any smarter than us, it's just that you're so damn well-organised' (well yes when you're juggling quite a few commitments that tends to occur :wink: )

And as it was in the 'post feminist' era 'post feminist' anti-male bigotry was also in evidence.

I remember well reading and believing all the 'stuff' about equal opportunity etc thinking we had arrived - and being shocked in the uni bookstore to see their calendar had a cartoon saying (forgive my republishing) 'How can you tell if a man is well hung?'..... There's no room between his neck and the rope' with a graphic depiction.

If anything remotely like it in the reverse were depicted there would be an outrage! The interesting thing was that nobody seemed to notice - that reverse discrimination is no better than the original discrimination.

Many of the men that I know that went to war/s felt that they had no choice. To not go would make them a deserter, a coward, a leper, a criminal leaving their families unprotected, without income and marginalised, and socially estranged. Many who would have taken a non traditional male professional occupation also face discrimination - the male nurse, the male child care worker, hair dresser or beauty therapist etc.

So during 'Gender and the media' studies we were looking at the influencing trends in the media, predominantly things like female sports get less than 5% of male sport coverage, headlines according to relationships more predominant in stories about women eg: grandmother of five ... wins business achievement award (for the highest sales or whatever)' mother of two, ... wife of ..... and men's being 'banker .... ' politician .... etc by profession - so still promoting those dominant gender 'roles'. Oppositions to females in non-traditional roles, less pay, etc

When it came time to research and write our thesis and present it I chose to look at comedy - in a seriously funny / humorously serious presentation I showed how comedy gets away with things that 'straight' mediums don't so they push the bar a bit on society's thinking, but that they still support the dominant perspectives of a society.

I used the treatment of Lucille Ball in I Love Lucy in the 1951- 1957 sitcom that still has reruns today - the first of its genre; and how if she stepped outside of the conventional female 'role' chaos would ensue - at work, or if she was facing a 'man's problem', that we even accepted her coiffed hair, neat apron and high heel shoes while cleaning house, it was only if she stepped outside of this that the 'fun' would begin.

And I compared it to the 1988-1997 'Roseanne' sitcom - this time focussing on Dan's role - all would be fine while he was going to work and bringing home the bacon, but if he stepped outside of that role - advising or relating with his children and/or wife, making 'domestic' decisions or being the 'caregiver', then he would be depicted as creating as much chaos as Lucille Ball used to be.

And hence I was illustrating the changing tide does not necessarily change anything. We had just swung the other way.

My lecturer, was quite shocked at the perspective, and that I had proven my hypothesis in my thesis and presentation. I also shared my shock about the calendar in the uni book store - and asked why was that okay? Why is it okay to be disrespectful to men gender-wise when all the uni handbooks promote equality with respect? She admitted that as a 'feminist' she hadn't seen it this way before, and no student had ever interpreted the course title to actually mean 'gender' as neutral, always it had been known to be a 'feminist' course.

I think she may have wanted to give me a horse :lol:

Where I've been really fortunate (although yes, discriminated against for it) is that my cultural heritage, like many indigenous ones, tend to think and act in circles, hand in hand rather than fore-against. What is real survives the ages in harmony.

I really love that Ubuntu (philosophy, not software) is becoming known again in Africa for instance -
The term appears in the Epilogue of the Interim Constitution of South Africa (1993), "there is a need for understanding but not for vengeance, a need for reparation but not for retaliation, a need for ubuntu but not for victimization".-

That the sense of 'pay it forward' is taking off in weird and wonderful ways - my daughter received a 'paid forward' coffee on her break the other day; the sense of no peace outside of equilibrium, quietly humming along in the background of politics of reconciliation; of the balance in reciprocity as known by many indigenous peoples who in their own ignorance did not realise that others did not understand it (and hence steal rather than share, rape rather than nurtured our mother who sustains us all, and murder and/or imprison rather than discuss differences.)

And even in Scotland it has been learned that one does not need (necessarily) to rise up and shed blood for freedom from tyranny - patience and virtue remains when all else crumbles and fails
People in Scotland want a degree of government for themselves. It is not beyond the wit of man to devise institutions to meet these demands.’
Uttered by John P Mackintosh more than thirty years ago, and now inscribed on the floor of the Scottish Parliament building.

^ That among all of them show our ability to learn (eventually) that a world of victors and victims is no fine world at all.

So on topic - in answer to the question - Can spirituality heal your psychological disorder?
Yes because really it's just about finding accommodation and balance.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
User avatar
smiileyjen101
 
Posts: 3688
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:44 am

Next

Return to Pain and Suffering

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest