Can spirituality heal your psychological disorder ?

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

Re: Can spirituality heal your psychological disorder ?

Postby dijmart » Tue May 06, 2014 2:48 pm

smiileyjen101 wrote:(Edit: omg I've written a thesis!!)

Jen, I wonder how do you find the time? You must type fast. :D
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby smiileyjen101 » Wed May 07, 2014 12:41 am

Protected, sheltered, cultivated, what could not this child become?

When by mutation a new rose is born in a garden, all the gardeners rejoice. They isolate the rose, tend it, foster it. But there is no gardener for men. This little Mozart will be shaped like the rest by the common stamping machine. This little Mozart will love shoddy music in the stench of night dives. This little Mozart is condemned.

That's so interesting (and lovely thank you Phil) earlier I said...
In ancient civilisations of harmony there was a ''Weaver of Dreams'' - the wise one who would watch and interact with the children and help them dream their future contributions to the community - not by changing their natural abilities, or demonising their inabilities, but by recognising, encouraging and appreciating that we all have something unique to contribute, and our uniqueness is what brings it all together.

A thriving eco-system is not just full of roses.

Maybe there still are some gardeners ....

Onceler said: I have seen that all it takes is for someone to believe in kids and then they believe in themselves......it's true for all of us.

So, so, so true, the complexity of it is that both perspectives can be believed, until we finally learn - only one of them is, or ever was true. So in this way I do think spirituality can, in illuminating the illusions, heal.

- I don't worry about you, I believe in you is a 'space creator' and I've used it often when not 'interfering' in their decision making, but leaving room for folks to decide for them self - sometimes it takes a lot of self-control :wink: . It came from a poster my youngest used to have, the full thing said "Guardian angels don't worry about you, they believe in you.'

In many ways I believe our place in the lives of children is to be like a guardian angel, - guide them to where their eyes can see, whispering in their ears so they can hear the music amid the noise, hold them almost invisibly in our loving embrace, and always to let them know they are as individually and uniquely precious as a snowflake or every grain of sand.

:lol: ummm time stood still DJ

I was writing at a beach one early morning, watched the sunrise, looked up and it was passed noon and the place was full of tourists who'd cooked and eaten their lunches right next to me, and I had no idea!! There was this one girl, a teenager who maybe had been waiting for me to 'come back', as I reacquainted myself with where I was she caught my eye and held my gaze with such ... I can't explain the love, the wonder, the ... 'I don't worry about you'... hmm, that's what it was. Like waking up as if I'd been asleep and she had been watching over me.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby dijmart » Wed May 07, 2014 2:27 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:

:lol: ummm time stood still DJ

Presence.. sweet!

I was writing at a beach one early morning, watched the sunrise, looked up and it was passed noon and the place was full of tourists who'd cooked and eaten their lunches right next to me, and I had no idea!! There was this one girl, a teenager who maybe had been waiting for me to 'come back', as I reacquainted myself with where I was she caught my eye and held my gaze with such ... I can't explain the love, the wonder, the ... 'I don't worry about you'... hmm, that's what it was. Like waking up as if I'd been asleep and she had been watching over me.

Perhaps, this teen thought you were some famous novelist banging away at her next book and she was waiting for an autograph.... :D Then, again, her watching over you is good too.
dijmart

Postby dijmart » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:45 am

Deleted....
Last edited by dijmart on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
dijmart

Postby Phil2 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:01 am

dijmart wrote:
Phil2 wrote:
I don't deny the correlation between depression and chemical imbalance, what remains unknown is :

Is chemical imbalance the cause of depression or is depression the cause of chemical imbalance ? ...

So, pertaining to your quote, I thought I'd give some first hand insight, it seems like the chemical imbalance (or lack of Serotonin) causes the depression, because I was doing very well a month ago while on the meds and now, not so much. The only thing that has changed, is my medication.

What you said here does not prove that your depression is caused by your chemical imbalance Di ... just that your depressive state of mind (for reasons I ignore but that would require some serious investigation) generates a chemical imbalance which can be artificially countered by the medication (probably some SSRI med inhibiting serotonine recapture) hence makes you feel better ...

The problem is that it creates a 'dependance', it takes some time for your organism to produce the right levels of neurotransmitters (serotonine, noradrenaline, dopamine etc.).

Also I would add that a chemical imbalance like another other physical pain or discomfort is NOT a valid reason for being depressive ... this is very important to understand ... you create suffering because you choose to do so (for whatever obscure or hidden reasons reamining to discover) ...

As Byron Katie said "Suffering is optional" ...

Here's an interesting article from Byron Katie:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/byron-kat ... 70207.html
"Then, one morning in February 1986, out of nowhere, I experienced a realization. In an instant, I discovered that when I believed my stressful thoughts, I suffered, but when I questioned them, I didn't suffer. I also discovered a simple way of questioning stressful thoughts. I call it "The Work." I found a joy within me that has never disappeared, not for a single moment. That joy is in everyone, always.

Suffering is optional. The only time we suffer is when we believe a thought that argues with reality. When the mind is perfectly clear, what is is what we want."
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Previous

Return to Pain and Suffering