The power of the 'suicide' idea ...

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

The power of the 'suicide' idea ...

Postby Phil2 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:14 pm

I would like to introduce here a topic which can be of practical help for some desperate persons who would consider 'suicide' as a way out of their suffering.

When you consider suicide as a solution to your problems, then you might consider this: physical suicide requires some physical means, which are not so easy to put in practice and moreover which are very dirty ... so you might come to this idea: instead of suiciding physically you could as well decide to suicide psychologically, which means that you consider yourself as dead, but you are still physically alive ... then whatever happens to you, you don't mind as you are dead ...

It is an instantaneous collapse of ego (probably what happened to Eckhart Tolle).

This is why people who consider the idea of suicide are in fact nearer to truth than anyone ... they just have to transform the death of the body into the death of ego ... what has to die is the psychological identity.
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Re: The power of the 'suicide' idea ...

Postby rachMiel » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:12 pm

There was a nice discussion around this recently:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12408&hilit=egocide
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby Phil2 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:44 am

rachMiel wrote:There was a nice discussion around this recently:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12408&hilit=egocide

Right indeed, and I even did participate in this discussion (with the very same idea in fact) ... if I come back on this, it is because I recently had the opportunity to explain this idea to a very near person considering suicide as a solution to all his problems ...

What I would like to add here is this: what would be the use of spirituality if it does not lead to an improvement of our life in practical situations ? if it cannot bring us relief from our suffering ?

After all, this is the core idea of Buddhism: the end of suffering ... when it is seen that ego is the root cause of suffering ... and that ego itself is unsubstantial, ie. illusion ...

Isn't it strange to say that we suffer from an illusion ?

This is the Power of Illusion ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby blissedandzen14 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:33 pm

I wish my ego would commit suicide.
blissedandzen14

Return to Pain and Suffering