Mobile phones

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

Mobile phones

Postby jongibirdi1974 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:48 am

Ive never subscribed to walking round in an airy fairy spiritual haze, nor am i a super aware being bashing others who arent. There is however some basis for being moderately aware of your surroundings ..even if just to hear the birds singing or notice the world around . Has anyone else noticed how unaware people are when tjey have a mobile phone.? Couples in restaurants not speaking..people youre with constantly disrupting your shared conversation by fiddling and checking their phones..nobody speaks on the bus or train..nights out or parties dominated by what i call "phone zombies"..people walking across busy roads nearly being hit by cars..this is our daily life.
jongibirdi1974

Re: Mobile phones

Postby blissrunn14 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:00 am

Yes, I've noticed it and I'm guilty of it lol. I use my phone as a distraction when out in public because I'm not particularly comfortable around people. If I can bury myself in my phone I don't have to feel so uncomfortable in my surroundings. I also check my phone when I'm interacting with people only because it's become the norm now and everyone does it and most people don't consider it rude anymore. I've noticed a lot of people in their 20's entering the job force have little to no social skills when dealing with people in person because they're so used to living through their phones and the internet and they don't develop those people skills.
blissrunn14

Return to Pain and Suffering