Between Comfort Zone and Panic Zone

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

Between Comfort Zone and Panic Zone

Postby anonymousUser » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:43 pm

What is the best speed of expanding my Comfort Zone? How to both avoid Panic Zone and avoid avoiding the Expansion Zone? I sense it as kind of an internal conflict. It's not enough to just relax and rest as awareness. At least not always. At least it seems so to me. Resting as awareness might be an excuse to avoid action because of fear. I really shouldn't be sending this post right now...
anonymousUser

Re: Between Comfort Zone and Panic Zone

Postby Sighclone » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:50 pm

The "best speed" is whatever speed it takes. The "best way" is whatever works for you. Most people have a meditation practice, or yoga. I recommend Tara Brach's recent book "True Refuge," that addresses this larger topic.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby anonymousUser » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:13 pm

The "best speed" is whatever speed it takes.
It's up to me. I can choose.

The "best way" is whatever works for you.
I've figured out what works "good enough" for me in some areas. But some other areas are fresh. My comfort zone have already expanded to a degree and know I have new challenges. I believe it's good to have some heuristic - to know which paths it is best to explore first - based on the wisdom of others; wisdom of wise people. In algorithmics it's called Best First Search. I want clarity. Now I'm confused because I've had a radical change in my inner world today. There's a desperation in me, urge to get things clear again. I don't feel comfortable without clarity. There is a mild panic/frustration in the background

Most people have a meditation practice, or yoga.
Thx, but doesn't resonate. I do it whenever I feel like it. Not regularly. And I don't even know if what I do is called meditation. My life is a spiral.

EDIT:

Actually, I do meditate all the time (relaxed vigilance). I am very dedicated to that.

What do you think about following your highest excitement/joy? Especially VS resting as awareness and staying undisturbed?
Is it always a good idea to follow your subtle inspiration, if it will cause both disturbance and expansion?
Or maybe it is better to stay undisturbed to your inspiration and wait until you will be more sure, even if such attitude would be less liberating?
Why does Bentinho Massaro say that highest excitemet=deepest relaxation? ("Follow your highest excitement...or deepest relaxation...which is really the same").
anonymousUser

Postby Sighclone » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:25 am

Can you define Comfort Zone, Panic Zone and Expansion Zone? And the source of those definitions? I think it would help me, and other members answer your questions.

Bentinho appears to be convinced of the utility / validity of the Law of Attraction. That has been a topic of much discussion here over the last few years...run a search on this forum. There are some arguments against it.

Resting as awareness can become a false refuge if you drop out and ignore life duties, for sure. Check out John Welwood on "Spiritual Bypassing."

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby anonymousUser » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:32 am

Sighclone wrote:Can you define Comfort Zone, Panic Zone and Expansion Zone? And the source of those definitions? I think it would help me, and other members answer your questions.
Bentinho Massaro. It was probably from here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5DpkRDVdRg

Based on what Bentinho said and my own contemplation, I see it that way:

Comfort Zone - I feel comfortable, stable and safe but limited there. There might arise frustration in me, because on some level I might want to do something driven by joy/excitement.
Expansion Zone - I feel a little insecure there, so I need to trust that everything's gonna be allright. It's liberating and relaxing. I'm expanding my comfort zone.
Panic Zone - I just did an action that was too much of a challenge to me. I feel mild panic in the background and confusion. I want to return to my comfort zone and stay there for a while. It seems that there will be a yoyo-effect. I'm irritated with myself. "I shouldn't have done that action.". It's hard for me to accept that, to deal with that. Everything was quite ok and I've just lost it because of one moment of my irrational pluck. Now I can learn from that mistake and can't wait for a chance of redemption. But I guess that it will take a few weeks until everything will be repaired and I will return to the starting point.

Sighclone wrote:Bentinho appears to be convinced of the utility / validity of the Law of Attraction. That has been a topic of much discussion here over the last few years...run a search on this forum. There are some arguments against it.
I'd rather call it the Law of Reflection. How you feel inside (your spiritual condition, state of being) is going to be manifested/reflected outside. Like here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQU1nFucCPc

Sighclone wrote:Check out John Welwood on "Spiritual Bypassing."
Very true...

26. And [the Messiah] said unto them, "If a man told God that he wanted most of all to help the suffering world, no matter the price to himself, and God answered and told him what he must do, should the man do as he is told?"
27. "Of course, Master!" cried the many. "It should be pleasure for him to suffer the tortures of hell itself, should God ask it!"

28. "No matter what those tortures, no matter how difficult the task?"

29. "Honor to be hanged, glory to be nailed to a tree and burned, if so be that God has asked," said they.

30. "And what would you do," the Master said unto the multitude, "if God spoke directly to your face and said, 'I COMMAND THAT YOU BE HAPPY IN THE WORLD, AS LONG AS YOU LIVE.' What would you do then?"

31. And the multitude was silent, not a voice, not a sound was heard upon the hillsides, across the valleys where they stood.

:lol:

(https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Richard_Bach)

And I went silent too... :P
anonymousUser

Postby Sighclone » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:29 am

Awakening, or recognizing "who you are" (which is the same as "who we are") is not about zones. It is about discovering the field or space that provides an arena for "zones" to arise. It is also something very unlikely to happen before age 30, according to Eckhart Tolle...(in one of the Oprah Webinars in 2009).

Andy
Sighclone

Postby anonymousUser » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:33 pm

Thx, but I really couldn't care less about awakening. What I care about is how to live right now (and I do my best). I just want to be fully relaxed and peaceful (not in the future - right now; so I just relax).

Actually, awakening might be helpful.

EDIT: I'm about to integrate lazy man's way to enlightement with following my joy.

Of course it's the "liitle 'I'" that is writing this post. Which - of course - can't be found as a subject, a noun. Only as a verb, a bunch of fleeting (and for shorter or longer "amount of time" "enduring" and transforming) phenomena. I can see this "little 'I'" inside of me (of course this sentence is paradoxical).

Awakening is just a beginning and 'i' is just dancing it's dance inside of I. Actually, there is no 'i'. There is just dance and part of that dance is the thought about 'the i'.
anonymousUser

Return to Pain and Suffering