Question about physical pain

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

Question about physical pain

Postby gbayne » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:19 am

Hi - I just joined. I discovered Eckhart Tolle while watching Oprah. I have now read or shall I say listened to both of his books. I have been using his methods for just over a week now and am feeling really good mentally. I think I have been awakening for about a year now but didn't know what it was until now. I had a medical life or death situation which took me down mentally. Since that time have been ready and practicing the Law of Attraction. Until reallizing that the Law of Attraction was only a stepping stone to getting where I am [u]now[u].
My question and one of the reasons for joining this group is this. Since starting to use the Power of Now and after about a week of being in the Now I am starting to physically feel bad. I have been aching in my head and chest and feel very tired. Could this have something to do with my awakening?
gbayne

Re: Question about physical pain

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:42 am

gbayne wrote:My question and one of the reasons for joining this group is this. Since starting to use the Power of Now and after about a week of being in the Now I am starting to physically feel bad. I have been aching in my head and chest and feel very tired. Could this have something to do with my awakening?

Possibly, but I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. One of the main charactoristics of awakened conscoiusness is acceptance. If you have been suppressing awareness of pain it's possible that it is coming back into focus. There is much that we resist in our experience. As we become more open we regain awareness of what was previously unconscious.

On the other hand it could be coincidence. The ego/mind can read a lot into just about anything.

There is one thing that comes to mind. When I first came upon Power of Now, I got frequent headaches until I figured out that I was straining mentally to stay present. Once I began to allow and observe more naturally the headaches went away.

And welcome to the forum. :)
Webwanderer

Postby gbayne » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:08 am

Wow thanks Webwanderer! The pain has been for the most part headaches. Your explaination makes a lot of sence. I will try and relax and not force my mind into submission. Thank you!
gbayne

Postby HandfullaMinerals » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:04 pm

Just a question, are you also refraining from any substances?

Personally I also tried to stop taking caffeine for a few days, trying to release emotions attached to the caffeine habit. I figured I'd try and reduce my emotional baggage before trying that again, because this along with released emotions cuased me head aches. I also had stiff back muscles after releasing some really serious stuff, heavily painful emotions I charged up in a depressed period.
It is the ego which raises difficulties, creating obstacles and then suffers from the perplexity of apparent paradoxes. Find out who makes the enquiries and the Self will be found.
HandfullaMinerals

Return to Pain and Suffering