Anxiety when present

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

Re: Anxiety when present

Postby Sighclone » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:49 pm

Thanks for your note, Murreflat. She's wonderful. We are all here to help each other...it's why Ramana came out of the cave...

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby innerpeace2u » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:54 pm

Karm, it's great to see you here.

Interestingly enough in a previous post I actually sent out a post asking how to get music outside of the head, especially during periods of quiet solitude. Having music as a hobby makes it a bit of a challenging at times having the mind quiet, so thanks for providing a brief yet very effective answer.

This may also be relevant to this post in that outside of the "outside of the mind" strategies for dealing with anxiety, I found classical, or soft contemporary music to be quite effective.

Cheers
innerpeace2u

Postby zack » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:42 am

Hi everyone!

Its been 14 months since I wrote the post and I am feeling quite normal again.
My suffering have been intense and I have lost my career, my girlfriend and a couple of my “friends” during the process.
But it has actually been worth it. I am now having this strange but beautiful electromagnetic field around me (I am an engineer and don’t know how to put it otherwise). And I can actually choose to stop thinking.
I have never read any spiritual books (except PON) but I have this enermous craving for presence and want to experience it more deeply. But in the mean time my mind is teeling me that I can not choose presence because I will go through the same painful process again (or worse). I don’t know if this is the truth.
What is your experience? Should I relax and go with the flow (presence) or should I shorten my time in the present moment and ignore my craving?

Thanks

Zack
zack

Postby Sighclone » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:13 am

When Presence is seen to be not only an experience, but a deep part of all experience, then the questions and risks you say have come up in your mind will not be significant. There is, for most people, an evolution, a period of dislocation, a period of discomfort. It is OK to be easy with this...the main steps are irreversible, because the Self will not stop until it has returned for all of Itself. So just let it all happen as a natural flow...you can't "force" it anyway, but you could get sidetracked into concepts.

I'm pleased to hear you say you have found comfort in the shifting so far...the felt sense of unity is indeed a wellspring of joy and gratitude.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby tikey » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:29 pm

Well it seems to me that you have some hard time.
Well the best thing to do is not to panic about it and stay relaxed. Well what "bad" could actually
happen to YOU? Nothing. Are you dying or what? No, you are trying to live in a different way and
a waves of suffering are most natural waves that can come upon you. As Kiki says (He is like
an encyclopedia) Dont resist this waves. Just be there as witnessing presence. And here we come
to a part which I actually like. If you start to be frustratred with "your state" at this moment,
its a very good moment to feel it. Feel it fully and FEEL WHO YOU WANT TO BE.... FEEL IT.

And that should free you :)
Im just a cloudless sky :)
tikey

Postby tikey » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:33 pm

zack wrote:Hi everyone!

Its been 14 months since I wrote the post and I am feeling quite normal again.
My suffering have been intense and I have lost my career, my girlfriend and a couple of my “friends” during the process.
But it has actually been worth it. I am now having this strange but beautiful electromagnetic field around me (I am an engineer and don’t know how to put it otherwise). And I can actually choose to stop thinking.
I have never read any spiritual books (except PON) but I have this enermous craving for presence and want to experience it more deeply. But in the mean time my mind is teeling me that I can not choose presence because I will go through the same painful process again (or worse). I don’t know if this is the truth.
What is your experience? Should I relax and go with the flow (presence) or should I shorten my time in the present moment and ignore my craving?

Thanks

Zack

You should go with the FLOW. Listen : You want to go to a new stage in your life. The problem is that it can be your ego
wanting new experiences. If that's the case you WILL encounter more suffering, and your pleserauble experiences will
not reoccur. But if you urge is true, of a real spiritual nature, not of some fantasy-mind created illusion than maybe it
is worth it but then : there is actually nothing to think about! :P
Im just a cloudless sky :)
tikey

Postby Jon » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:43 pm

Zack I too have experienced such a thing..... as if there are two independent things going on 'the light of awareness as separate to the pain-body in anxiety' as if it can be looking in. It really does not like the fact you are so aware and is scared a bit like gollum from Lord of the rings! It wants its power back :) I have come to this impasse before there seems things that if there are things from the past to be resolved they often resurface. Erkarts Ego died in one go...unfortunately my pain body was like rocky balboa it kept getting back up :) and occasional still wants to go a round! Do not be too hard on ourself breakthroughs come at strange times such as through uncomfortable experiences. Before i was introduced to the wonderful teaching of Tolle I was had a fantastic and spiritual experience via a panic attack. I suffered with them for years and would expend all my energies fighting them off.... it was really tiring, I only had them occasionally but the thought would ruin my life, one day though i had four panic attacks and was onto the fifth and suddenly i was prepared to fight no more i accepted what may have been my imminent death (cause thats how you feel when you are having one) totally and all the rush of energy shifted through me from fear and panic to euphoric elation. So you see you may be even closer to awakening more deeply than you think... for along the path have challenges which push us ever deeper but more lighthearted consciousness. I say lighthearted because often we can try too hard and can be too serious we all need to throw a little metaphysical smile into our inner bodies as we practice. :)
Jon

Postby mhtan » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:56 pm

Hi ,

I was wondering if anyone knows the source of "Resist not what comes unvited"? It is quoted by Jason aka The Key Master. I am not allow to private mail yet. is it from ET?

Postby the key master » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:53 pm
"Resist not what comes uninvited." Invite the uninvited.

-Jason

Thanks
mhtan

Postby heidi » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:11 pm

"Resist not what comes uninvited." Invite the uninvited.

Welcome surprises. :D
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby goldieflower » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:32 pm

mhtan wrote:Hi ,

I was wondering if anyone knows the source of "Resist not what comes unvited"?

I AM THAT Dialogues of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

http://www.wattpad.com/366122-i-am-that-maharaj?p=185

Here's the book:

http://www.biogetica.com/i_am_that.pdf

:) XOXO :)
goldieflower

Previous

Return to Pain and Suffering