death of ego and depression

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

Re: death of ego and depression

Postby FrequencyHolder » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:04 pm

Thank you for your replies.

Eagle2phoenix, you make complete sense. And Andy, thank you, that also makes complete sense.

Andy, could you please explain more about final shift?

thanks. :)
FrequencyHolder

Postby eagle2phoenix » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:45 pm

I know I am feeling blue... but why do I feel like crying?

In the last hour, I just watched the movie Bolt with my 3 sons and we totally enjoyed it. Now I feel sad... My ego is whispering to me that I am not good enough, that I will soon tire myself with this forum. In fact, when I read stuff that are not quite what I know, I feel sidelined. My ego is afraid of being sidelined. My ego wants attention. But who is typing this down then? My ego's ego?

I feel I am going nuts at times. Then it passes. What is going on???

Argh...
Life is fascinating. Nature is beautiful. Live life with nature.
eagle2phoenix

Postby Sighclone » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:58 pm

"Final shift." Ok...I'm one who believes in progressive enlightenment. There is dispute about this. Adyashanti had three changes on his path (see the interview at the end of the second edition of "Emptiness Dancing", 2006.) By "on the way to the final shift" in that earlier post, I meant that period after the inner search for truth has begun. Most experienced people suggest that meditation is part of the journey; so my "on the way..." phrase means after one has begun meditation.

The jury is back on meditation - it improves health, both physical and mental. Whether it has anything absolutely to do with waking up is the area of controversy. I believe it does.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby DWBH1953 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:18 pm

Sighclone wrote:"Final shift." Ok...I'm one who believes in progressive enlightenment. There is dispute about this. Adyashanti had three changes on his path (see the interview at the end of the second edition of "Emptiness Dancing", 2006.) By "on the way to the final shift" in that earlier post, I meant that period after the inner search for truth has begun. Most experienced people suggest that meditation is part of the journey; so my "on the way..." phrase means after one has begun meditation.

The jury is back on meditation - it improves health, both physical and mental. Whether it has anything absolutely to do with waking up is the area of controversy. I believe it does.

Namaste, Andy

I do believe in progressive awakening. I really like the way Tony Parsons talks about this.
He does talk about levels of awakening and then he talks of a place he calls final liberation and he describes it as when everything collaspes on you and the You completley dissapears so from that place or point you are gone, you simply do not see yourself as a person anymore it is not a intellectual shift but a engertic shift and when it happens there normally comes a adjustment period of time because your still in a human body and all that but it changes completley the way you relate to everything.
Peace
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Do not think that you are-be!
Do not think about being-you are!
Sri Ramana
DWBH1953

Previous

Return to Pain and Suffering