Lost after awakening!

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

Re: Lost after awakening!

Postby Sighclone » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:06 am

Great to hear from you, sunnyjo. We are pleased your life is running better. Please stay in touch and possibly share your experiences. For every post which appears in print in this forum, there are ten silent readers, many who may be suffering like you have.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby sunnyjo » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:29 am

Hi Andy

Thank you for the words of encouragement!

Joanna
"We are the mirror, as well as the face in it"

Rumi
sunnyjo

Postby halojoe » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:51 pm

Hi all who have posted here,

'This will also change'.

I have found there is value in recognising that there is suffering all around you. It's not just you or not just me who experiences various states of mind. There is a Buddist practice to take on the suffering of all those around you. So when I am inflicted, I think of others who are in the same situation and I consciously take on their suffering so that they may suffer less. Does this leave you sicker than before? In my experience, no.

But like eckhart01 mentioned - all things change. The experience will not last. But once you have experienced a certain level of awakening, you are changed forever. Then the mark of your progress is the weakening of the ego as time passes - that is, the lessening of its grip on you - so you used to get depressed for 14 days straight, the next time it becomes only 12 days, then 10, then later 5, until you are aware enough to actually witness the depression arise, you observe it, you don't get involved in it and then you witness it pass - it may be there for an hour but it doesn't take you over like before. The 'you' I'm talking about here, is of course, the essential self, the higher self, the ultimate reality, Consciousness itself.

By the way, I'm tracking ayear-long experiment into awakening, I'm currently investigating 'suffering' which is what lead me to your original post, Sannyjo. Check out my journey at http://aneweartheckharttolleinpractice.wordpress.com/

Regards,
Halo Joe
Harlen International
Find us on Facebook
1800 466 681 (From outside Australia dial +61)

"Realise your potential and empower your life".

PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT. HOME-BASED BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY.
halojoe

Previous

Return to Pain and Suffering