Do Phobias Go Away?

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

Do Phobias Go Away?

Postby Salem » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:28 pm

As you awaken, do your phobias leave? Do you learn to recognize them as mental constructs?
"The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love." — Meister Eckhart
Salem

Re: Do Phobias Go Away?

Postby peleke4 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:51 pm

From my personal experiences, the feeling remains although not as intense. The thoughts that before used to race frantically around and around in circles has been drastically reduced.
peleke4

Postby bruce lee » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:57 am

for me not yet im terrified of spiders and gety itchy and shaky when i see big ones urrgh i not like it
bruce lee

Postby HandfullaMinerals » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:29 pm

I have no phobias that I know off. But would say fear is a big factor in phobias.

A friend I knew used to have fear of closed spaces. He said it was from when he was closed in a box for a joke by his uncle and ever since he had that phobia. As Tolle says, the Structure is part of the ego in phobias. A little box when you're 5 could be a lift when you're 25, you will still have the fear of being closed in.
It is the ego which raises difficulties, creating obstacles and then suffers from the perplexity of apparent paradoxes. Find out who makes the enquiries and the Self will be found.
HandfullaMinerals

Postby smiileyjen101 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:12 am

newbie here, but liked the query.

As you awaken you'd likely want to identify what's in it for you to have (or maintain) a fear of anything.

If the fear is based in the reality of now you'd do well to protect yourself from it. Elisabeth Kubler Ross says we have only two universal natural fears (initially when finding ourself at a great height and sudden loud noises) all others are learned from experiences or buying into fear theories of others' experiences, cultural practices or group think.

But, if as Tolle says we are making an enemy, an obstacle, or a means to an end of something - then there's likely an egoic thing going on, feeding the fear from possibly an area of unresolved pain.

awakening is realising (real-ising) your personal responsibility (response - ability) for the choices you make - consciously.

In totally unemotional terms a cost / risk / benefit analysis of the phobia might be in order.

Sometimes taking a different point of view on a thing can enlighten in itself. There are many aids to recovery from phobias - Neuro linguistic programming, EFT, EMDR but first you may have to identify where the ego is linked (enemy/obstacle/means to an end) and what's in it for you.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby braveheart » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:04 pm

Byron Katie used to have Agoraphobia and overcome it
braveheart

Return to Pain and Suffering