Panic disorder and general anxiety

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

Panic disorder and general anxiety

Postby mpw212002 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:37 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and to Eckhart Tolle's teaching. I just had a few questions about awareness and conclusions i have been coming to on my own over this period. I was just recently, officially, diagnosed with this condition, however, i knew i had this long before. It has been going on for over 10 years now. Normalcy seems like a lifetime ago. I started to see a therapist a few weeks ago and to tell you the truth she is great. She seems to preach a lot of the values of Taoism and other eastern philosophies.

The question about awareness that i had is that i seem to be riding somewhat of a rollercoaster. I have times where i am just completely enveloped in fear and uncertainty where my mind is just running wild. Then in an instant i have some realization that pulls me up out of the mud and life looks beautiful and fresh. For example, today i was reading about Ekhart Tolle for the first time and i read this quote;

"the primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it".

Letting that quote roll around in my head for a couple of minute brought this new view of the world to me again. Where everything looked sharp and life was exciting and beautiful again. But already i can feel the rollercoaster ride where repetitive fearful thoughts just jump in my head. Is this awareness that i am feeling? If so how do i get off this ride?
mpw212002

Re: Panic disorder and general anxiety

Postby Quinn » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:51 pm

Unfortunately, my answer would be patience.

Keep reading Tolle, keep seeing the therapist. In my experience, it's been a gradual shedding of those thoughts that you refer to. An untangling of the mixed-up conditioning that we've taken on so that a light can be directed to it.

Patience and trust that you are headed in the right direction.
Quinn

Re: Panic disorder and general anxiety

Postby karmarider » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:27 pm

In addition to therapy, explore release methods.

There is this release method (http://www.beyond-karma.com/how-to/how- ... s-release/) on my site which works very well for me. I had depression and anxiety and have been able to release it with this method.

There are other methods which have been recommended here: Byron Katie, The Sedona Method, MC2, EFT...
karmarider

Return to Pain and Suffering