Yet more on anxiety and it's remedies

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

Re: Yet more on anxiety and it's remedies

Postby autumnsphere » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:38 pm

the key master wrote:Yes we can only speak of wholeness in relation to separation. Understand the separation for what it is, an illusion created by thinking, and the illusion that there is wholeness "out there in some other moment for me" can likewise be transcended.

That's exactly what I'm saying. :mrgreen:

So why are we talking about this at all? If wholeness doesn't exist? :D We wouldn't even know it existed, if there was no illusion...
Forget spiritual practice - just do drugs!
autumnsphere

Postby WannaBeHereNow » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:19 pm

Kae, when you write about issues in a forum people will vote about your choices. I would tell anyone who discusses meds to think first before posting it somewhere that people can vote and perhaps give a thumbs down. I have seen too many parents take their kids off meds that might have really made a difference in that child's life, because other people gave information that was not accurate. The road to hell is paved with good advice, goes the old saying.

That said...let me help with the pave job! LOL!

I took my older son to an Amen Clinic (Daniel Amen is the owner if you've ever heard of him) for special brain scans a few years ago (Spect MRI). After they explained his scans I understood why he did the things he did back then. If certain parts of the brain are over-activated and/or under-activated it influences behavior. To what degree it influences behavior varies; hallucinations would be pretty severe, and my son had those. Certain brain patterns are associated with autism, with ADHD, and so on. At that time my son would get stuck on a thought (perseverate) and nag me endlessly for something he wanted, even for days in a row, all day long, such as to play a computer game that caused him more anxiety (but he didn't have the reasoning skills to overcome his desire for the game). Meds, a behavior program, and cognitive therapy helped get him out of that. Without meds he'd probably be living in some type of state run facility. He lives a normal life today (drives, is training to be an EMT), but still takes some meds (but a lot less because he's stable).

If you found a med that works for you I would say you are VERY lucky. Some people never find that, despite taking a variety of meds in different combinations.

Taking meds doesn't mean a person has given up on life med-free. But it might mean a huge commitment to living a life that enhances brain functioning: enough exercise every day, the right foods, cogntive therapy, avoiding things that are not best for the brain, daily meditation, stress relief, maybe supplements...it varies for each person. I told my son he might do all of these things and still need meds but maybe he'd need even LESS medication to function well.

Some people make a miraculous recovery from all sorts of physical, mental, & spiritual ailments. The rest of us have to do what's best for today/NOW. Sometimes finding the right med(s) is a miracle in and of itself!

Peace to you!
WannaBeHereNow

Postby enigma » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:20 pm

But please elaborate on understanding how the illusion has formed and how this will help.

You seem to know that mind is not the right tool for Truth realization since mind operates by objectifying and identifying dualistic qualities and Truth is qualityless subjectivity. Talking about Truth can be inspiring and can establish a willingness to look intuitively, but it cannot collapse the conceptual barriers to seeing. Some will conclude that there is nothing to be done, but mind formed these conceptual barriers and 'validated' them to begin with and so we certainly can look more closely at them to see if they have a leg to stand on. The problem is not that something is not known, but that far too much is known, as you saw happen with your son. Your son was free until he bit of the apple and he is rather passively learning some things that simply are not true, which is unavoidable.

This questioning of beliefs cannot be done entirely within the structure of beliefs or the process becomes self reinforcing, which is where all the circular thinking originates, but since mind is something You 'look through' rather than something You are, this self confirming process can be avoided with honest curiosity and integrity. This is essentially self inquiry or Neti-Neti or 'spiritual autolysis' or contemplation or whatever name is given it.

As I said in another thread, Truth is already obvious and need not be sought. It can be useful to look at how the obvious is being denied. I remember Adyashanti saying 'look to see how you are unenlightening yourself'.
enigma

Postby enigma » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:23 pm

autumnsphere wrote:
the key master wrote:Yes we can only speak of wholeness in relation to separation. Understand the separation for what it is, an illusion created by thinking, and the illusion that there is wholeness "out there in some other moment for me" can likewise be transcended.

That's exactly what I'm saying. :mrgreen:

So why are we talking about this at all? If wholeness doesn't exist? :D We wouldn't even know it existed, if there was no illusion...

Wholeness is the case. Oneness is the case. You DO exist.
enigma

Previous

Return to Pain and Suffering