Why do I feel bad?

Topics related to physical, emotional and psychological forms of pain and suffering

Why do I feel bad?

Postby Simontology » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:08 pm

I've been doing a meditation I mentioned in the "Beyond the Physical" section that increases conscious awareness and brings one closer to enlightenment. The universe (as strange as this might sound to you) lead me to a thread on someone feeling miserable after a panic attack and felt miserable for a long time afterwards, to paraphrase "studying enlightenment was great until this happened".

Whenever the negative states come back I become aware of the present and I just feel bad but no ego crap.

I read somewhere that this state doesn't last long. Is this what a Pain Body is? Or is it something different? I'm close to this elusive enlightenment I've been told, you wouldn't believe me if I told you who told me.
Simontology

Re: Why do I feel bad?

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:17 pm

Enlightenment is close for everyone. It's right in front of them... always. So yes, you are close indeed.
Simontology wrote:Whenever the negative states come back I become aware of the present and I just feel bad but no ego crap.

While you are in this present moment, take the time to be genuinely appreciative of it. If nothing else (although there is really much more to be realized) than to be free of the 'ego crap' for a while. Feel that deeply emotional sense of appreciation and bask in it til you're soaking in it. Then apply that sense of appreciation consciously to whatever it is that concerns you, and to whatever it has to teach you about your own contributions to that which you are experiencing. Do this with regularity and those negative states will be replaced with a growing understanding of how life works and a peaceful confidence in conscious being.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby rontant » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:16 am

Don't get entangled in all those terminologies. Pain body, ego, etc are just unobserved thoughts. Feeling bad is just a thought. Just recognize it as a thought, nothing more. It comes and goes. Just be cool and stay unperturbed. Don't make any song and dance out of it as if it's such a big deal. You are only strenghtening it by doing so, as if you are trying to breathe life into it.

Remember, you need something to feel bad or be sad, but you don't need anything to be happy.
rontant

Postby Simontology » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:24 am

All that makes a lot of sense thank you.
Simontology

Return to Pain and Suffering