Page 1 of 2

Are we the radio 'tuning' the reality ?

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:25 am
by Phil2
In the spirit of the Law of Attraction, I would like to develop the image of the radio 'tuning' reality.

The universe is the reality, the 'totality', and our brain (thought) acts very much like a radio which 'tunes' a specific, very limited, 'channel' of this reality to make it 'my' world ... a very personal, narrow, limited world among so many other possibilities (channels) ... and each brain tunes its own limited world, its own limited 'perspective' of the universe, its own 'reality' ... and the personal channel we choose is the music we hear, the world we live in ... and each person lives in a different personal world he creates (or 'tunes') with his own brain ... and the number of 'channels' in the universe are infinite ... we chose to 'tune' one particular channel ...

Well not exactly a 'choice' in fact, as the radio was 'preset' at our birth ...

I would say the challenge of life is to learn to use the radio 'tuner' to change the channels ... or even at times set the radio 'off' and enjoy the silence :-)

We are not the radio ... we are what hears the music ... or what enjoys the silence ...

Re: Are we the radio 'tuning' the reality ?

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 2:26 pm
by Phil2
... also this 'radio' is more like a 3-D television ... it projects the world as it appears to us ... with all the sensations, it can be seen, heard, smelled, touched, tasted ...

And we are not only the observer, the 'audience', we are also the creator of the program ...

The program is created by thought then reality is 'tuned-in', 'syntonized' then projected on the screen of consciousness ... in fact very much like a dream ... except that this dream is so real ...

:-)

Then why do some persons create and tune-in nightmares ?

??

Re: Are we the radio 'tuning' the reality ?

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:31 pm
by rachMiel
> I would say the challenge of life is to learn to use the radio 'tuner' to change the channels ... or even at times set the radio 'off' and enjoy the silence.

A bigger challenge might be to understand that radio/reception is a metaphor, drop it, and simply be. Non M. Phil? :-)

Re: Are we the radio 'tuning' the reality ?

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:31 pm
by Phil2
rachMiel wrote:> I would say the challenge of life is to learn to use the radio 'tuner' to change the channels ... or even at times set the radio 'off' and enjoy the silence.

A bigger challenge might be to understand that radio/reception is a metaphor, drop it, and simply be. Non M. Phil? :-)


What I find interesting in this 'metaphor' is that we are the creator and the 'projector' of our own reality ... so many people always complain about 'others' and society, what 'should be' and what 'should not be' etc. and they do not realize their personal responsibility in their own life ... they do not know what they attract themselves by their irresponsible thoughts and negativity ...

It could maybe be helpful then to remember this 'metaphor' when one faces difficult times ?

What say you ?

:?:

Re: Are we the radio 'tuning' the reality ?

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:07 pm
by rachMiel
Yes say I.

Being aware of the metaphor of the radio frequency we are tuned into and how this is but one frequency in an infinite spectrum frees us from mistaking the metaphor for reality. And, as you said, it also opens us to other frequencies. Empathy and compassion can come from this, along with understanding.

What say you?

Re: Are we the radio 'tuning' the reality ?

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:43 pm
by Phil2
rachMiel wrote:Being aware of the metaphor of the radio frequency we are tuned into and how this is but one frequency in an infinite spectrum frees us from mistaking the metaphor for reality. And, as you said, it also opens us to other frequencies. Empathy and compassion can come from this, along with understanding.


So what are we going to do to tune-in the right frequency ?

??

But first of all what is the right frequency exactly ?

:?:

Re: Are we the radio 'tuning' the reality ?

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:48 am
by rachMiel
I think the right frequency comes when all resistance ends. Then the organism becomes itself.

Re: Are we the radio 'tuning' the reality ?

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:52 am
by Phil2
rachMiel wrote:I think the right frequency comes when all resistance ends. Then the organism becomes itself.


What do you mean by "organism" ? Do you mean the body ?

??

Re: Are we the radio 'tuning' the reality ?

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:48 pm
by rachMiel
Phil2 wrote:
rachMiel wrote:I think the right frequency comes when all resistance ends. Then the organism becomes itself.


What do you mean by "organism" ? Do you mean the body ?

??

Body-mind, the whole schlemiel. :-)

Re: Are we the radio 'tuning' the reality ?

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:57 pm
by Phil2
rachMiel wrote:
Phil2 wrote:
rachMiel wrote:I think the right frequency comes when all resistance ends. Then the organism becomes itself.


What do you mean by "organism" ? Do you mean the body ?

??

Body-mind, the whole schlemiel. :-)


Are you the "body/mind" ?

??

Re: Are we the radio 'tuning' the reality ?

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:29 pm
by rachMiel
There is an "I" construct -- fashioned of thought, feelings, memory, conditioning -- that arises from a particular body-mind.

And though this I construct is essentially quite like a mirage that arises from desert heat (to borrow your metaphor), it is under the impression that it is real, a concrete existent, a body-mind entity separate from all other body-mind entities and objects in the world.

Re: Are we the radio 'tuning' the reality ?

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:53 pm
by Phil2
rachMiel wrote:And though this I construct is essentially quite like a mirage that arises from desert heat (to borrow your metaphor), it is under the impression that it is real, a concrete existent, a body-mind entity separate from all other body-mind entities and objects in the world.


Yes but the seeing of the illusion is the ending of the illusion ...

Re: Are we the radio 'tuning' the reality ?

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:37 am
by rachMiel
Seeing the I construct for what it is, a compelling story born of memory and desire, ends its influence temporarily, until the seeing stops.

To end the I construct forever, so that it no longer can ever influence the body-mind, one must see it, understand it VERY deeply. So deeply that this seeing continues in the unconscious mind, becomes part of the fabric of our being.

Caveat emptor: Not having ended my I construct forever, I'm conjecturing here. It's a best guess. :-)

Re: Are we the radio 'tuning' the reality ?

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:56 am
by Phil2
rachMiel wrote:Caveat emptor: Not having ended my I construct forever, I'm conjecturing here. It's a best guess. :-)


What is it that remains from this "I-construct" ?

??

Ego is like a mirage, when you look for it, you find ... nothing ... then you know for sure it was just an illusion ...

Re: Are we the radio 'tuning' the reality ?

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:17 pm
by rachMiel
Phil2 wrote:
rachMiel wrote:Caveat emptor: Not having ended my I construct forever, I'm conjecturing here. It's a best guess. :-)


What is it that remains from this "I-construct" ?

A sense of being a real separate thing that has a "self image" to nurture and protect.