The Secret vs. Ekchart???

Manifesting your reality or the Law of Attraction

Re: The Secret vs. Ekchart???

Postby blueviceroy » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:59 am

Improper desire is the hijacking of intent. If we are intending something to be ,it is a bit different than desiring it to be. All desire that isn't directed towards complete connection of/with source is a egoic corruption of desire i.e; desiring wealth,sex,food ,power etc. etc.
The desire to connect with source is intent ,it is our nature, just as a bee intends to make honey or a fox intends to dig a hole for a den. If it is desirable as well the creature obtains pleasure thereby fullfilling it's purpose.
The feeling of bliss or delight when we connect with our source tells us we are purforming our intent, that is why it is an incomparable sensation.
Full-fill-ment comes from proper intent coupled with desire . The things we desire that are transient are not bad but they are just for the body , any desire we spend on them only takes away from the proper desire to rejoin source.
So it is just a matter of what choice do you wish to make , the slow path where energy is lost in the physical, or the quicker path of focused intent.
blueviceroy

Re:

Postby Suzanne » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:42 pm

Lmosrie wrote:the end of the self-help highway.
Louise

Lmosrie: Thank you. :wink: I aggree. Did you make that up? Patent it! I takes me to a slight variation, which you also get the credit for: The end of the self-help treadmill. 8)

This feels like the end because I am no longer scratching my head, trying to figure out people, situations, myself, my family, my boss. Now that I've started to waken to the eternal being that's in everyone and everything, I feel like I'm connected to everyone. It actually makes me want to be a hermit and get more private space and time!

Amen.
Suzanne

The Secret is based in ego and form

Postby Suzanne » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:06 am

heidi wrote:The Secret gives us a cure that's worse than the disease. Its cure for craving is controlling craving. Its solution to hunger is famine. The Secret speaks to materialism, narcissism, and other afflictions of self by sanctifying them, exalting them. Rather than liberate us from the Source of Suffering, The Secret reenforces it. It anchors us in the shallowest level of our self (the Ego) and consecrates its preferences, its fantasies.

The Secret crowns the Ego as God (I mean, YOU create Reality, isn't that amazing? YOUR THOUGHTS are INFINITELY influential), then makes two disastrous leaps.

Rhonda Byrne's Secret is bad Self-Help masquerading as mysticism. It is promising you a better STORY. And that is indeed one altitude of spirituality. But it's the bottom, and inflating it can end up keeping people stuck in the cycle of suffering even longer. Because the self is addicted to its STORY.

This is very compelling thinking. My mother has discovered the secret, and I let her go on about it because it has released her from alot of egoic parenting, which is good for me!

But the "secret" is really appealing to our grasping attachments.

Plus, think about it: If this were true, that everything you want will happen, imagine what the world would really be like? Even madder than it is now. Men would have harems, women would collect gardners, cooks, maids and butlers and keep masseuses around the house. Women would be drowning in jewels and firs. Teenagers would all drive sportscars and never study. No one would be overweight or sick or even unattractive. It's a ridiculous idea from the start. I sincerely hope it's not possible. That's a world i want no part of.

She claims that political leaders use it. That's ridiculous. There are always political followers willing to assist with any political agenda, good or bad. But especially profitable ones. You don't need anything metaphysical for political leaders to gain control. You only need the collective human conditioning for that.

I believe that it is true that we all create "our own" realities and immediate surroundings, but none of us creates "other's" realities and surroundings. A boat or a car doesn't fall out of the sky: You put all your efforts into it and eventually it's yours. Nothing magical about that unless you were previously too dysfuntional to pull that off in the regular human conditioned world.
Suzanne

Postby heidi » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:22 am

Nice post Suzanne. Yes, we do create our own realities in the way we deal with What Is. And yes, we can see (visualize) our perfect life, but if acceptance isn't part of it, it's the same old story of looking for peace somewhere else than right here and now. I am a creator (I have vision and act upon), and the "secret" is no secret. It's all about acceptance and action. :)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby cathal » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:09 pm

When I walk into a farmyard the animals normally come over and jump at me or scare me somewhat...
When my sister walks into a farmyard they all come over any say hello... and get on just fine. Bit like the New Earth...

Visualizations have been used by sports people for years... whats important is not what we "want"...but why we want them.
I won the World Cup and was so happy...for about 2 weeks. I lost myself.."I"...in mini me the world cup hero.

The insanity of the planet is not in the thoughts in our head... they could be catholic, BMW owner, world cup winner, large house owner, loving partner etc.

The insanity is the

identifying with

or the desire to identify with or get a sense of self

from any of these "things". Liberation from the "desire" for these things begins with the realization that our relationship with all forms...wife, car, personal history are merely thoughts... just thoughts. I can never be anything more than the naked body in the mirror and any perception that I can ever be more than this on a form level ....is just mind conditioning.

The settlers wanted to buy the land...The natives believed the land owned them.... Both insane. Ask the birds...

And just to finish... Eckhart and his teachings are like a finger pointing at the sun.
This discussion is about fingers.... the sun is not to be found here or in any of his books or any other book for that matter.
cathal

Postby tikey » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:17 am

all right let's all imagine Eckhart using the law of attracion. If he used that (and he propably would ask "why should I use it?") he propably would
do it just for fun. As he is a fulfilled man, he doesn't need anything from life. . He don'thave to think compulsively, but I'm sure that he would be
able to imagine having a good house and let's even assume that the law of attraction would bring it to him. But that would be only for fun.
His "ego" woldn't strenghten, he wouldn't feel greater or better, his sense of life wouldn't get better, he wouldn't think "now I achieved that,
now I'm happy", he would remain still and peacfull as nothing important in his life had changed.... so the kind of person that Eckhart is can
really imagine this house as he"already have it" so my goal is first be as Eckhart (funny enough:) and then play with forms as a second importance
thing... and for most of people the law of attraction is the fastest and maybe even the only way to fulfill the story of "little me"

do you see the difference???

best regards

Tomek
Im just a cloudless sky :)
tikey

Postby heidi » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:48 am

The biggest part of the law of attraction is allowing - allowing things to be as they are, accepting what is, knowing that everything is as it should be, and seeing the potential therein. :) Tolle, as with anyone, uses the law of attraction by opening up to the spaciousness where vision occurs, and manifestation falls into place. And what do you get? Congruent occurrences.
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby tikey » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:06 am

wow heidi that was deep
I wouldn't figure it out on my own :D
Im just a cloudless sky :)
tikey

Postby Mystic_Life » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:04 am

My experience has been that the law of attraction/the secret don't really work, and that is a good thing :)

There have been many times that I have focused upon things that I thought I wanted, and I didn't get them because the universe had other plans for me. I believe we are going to experience what we need for our growth. Much of what we "want" is typically more of something of this world. If what our higher self wants is deeper peace, then we may not get the relationship/car/home or whatever we think we want if we have committed to our personal growth. The reason for this, I believe, is that if we have committed to our personal growth then we receive help from the universe. Sometimes the help we need is to lose things/relationships insted of gain them.

We may never wish to lose anything we have, but sometimes it is through loss that we become more deep. I feel that when we are living at a high vibration we will manifest that which we need to further our peace, and the peace of others...and at that point there are no desires that come from the place of "i".

I resonated with Neale Donald Walsch's God in "Friendship with God" where he wrote about not having desires.

I find that I'm relinquishing personal desires because anything that I can come up with is fairly trite compared to the brilliance of what "All That Is" has in store for me.

Some of my beliefs on this are influenced by Taoism as well.

But hey, if you want to play with seeing what you can attract...I don't think it hurts anything. At the very worst it'll contain some lesson :)
http://Unification.com - Pathways to Healing Yourself
Mystic_Life

Postby Sighclone » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:52 am

Wlecome, ML...fine comments, here and in your posts in other threads. Your website looks interesting, but I have not gone through all of it enough to comment.

We do not tend to refer to the Self as the "higher self" becuase that suggests that there might be a "lower self" and maybe an "in-between self." I certainly do understand what you are saying, however. Self (or Source or Being or Brahmin or Tao...etc) alone exists, can Self-realize through our form, and gives rise to everything in the relative world, including egos and little videos called "The Secret."

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby BINNOY » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:03 pm

Well ECKHART has himself mentioned THE LAW OF ATTRACTION in the power of now as far as i now. However the power of now is more about innertransformation rather than just outer changes.
THE LAW OF ATTRACTION cannot manifest peace since peace is the unmanifested.

BINNOY
WHISPERS FROM SILENCE
http://binnoy.hpage.com/
BINNOY

Postby halojoe » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:28 pm

Stuart David is the first person I've read to present a rational analysis of The Secret. As someone who has spent the last year and a half being dissatisfied because the $100k that I ordered from the Universe hasn't materialised, I am so glad to hear that The Secret is actually ego-oriented and perhaps misguided. From now I'll ask 'what does The Self want?'

Halo Joe

BTW:
Here is my blog / project reference

http://aneweartheckharttolleinpractice.wordpress.com/

And a bit about my project: The Halo Joe Project is based on the teachings of Eckhart Tolle in his book, ‘A New Earth’. This blog is one individual’s year-long journey to achieve a radical and profound transformation of consciousness (Tolle p. 5) to realise peace, happiness, joy, better relationships, less suffering and more abundance.

The Halo Joe Project sets out to realize a radical and profound transformation of consciousness in one individual. Tolle says that it is our purpose to be part of the universe that becomes conscious of itself (p. 297). What will happen to Halo Joe as she takes up this purpose over the year-long project?
Harlen International
Find us on Facebook
1800 466 681 (From outside Australia dial +61)

"Realise your potential and empower your life".

PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT. HOME-BASED BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY.
halojoe

Postby markb » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:31 pm

I love what you had to say about the Secret Heidi. It inspired me to add my own 2 cents.
You are not responsible for creating reality you are responsible for being in tune with and connected to the reality of spirit. The reality that is the universal self of which your self is a part of, known as God or Spirit. What you are responsible for is being OK with the situation you find yourself in and to become part of the creation that is evolving and to being one with it so that the choices you make and the creations in the world of form are that which the source directs you toward and not that which your ego or form self seeks or desires. I have been led or guided to places just as ET described being guided to America. The circumstances were such that there was absolutely no other explanation.

When we learn to allow ourselves to live in the present and give up the reality that we have learned in this world of form, ego and the pain body and then allow ourselves to be guided by the intangible and seemingly unreal realm of spirit or God we
live in peace and are guided by what is important and good for the greater self of which our individual self is a part.

As James Stewart said:
I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
Mary Chase, Jimmy Stewart in "Harvey", 1950
markb

Postby Sighclone » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:46 am

Welocme markb! One of our other mods quotes Harvey from time to time...your comments are right on!

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby BeyondTheMind » Thu May 27, 2010 9:15 am

Dudes. The Secret is offensive to me. Did the victims of the Holocaust "ask" for the treatment they were given? What about abused animals and kids?

More than sophmoric, the entire philosophy is absolute crap.
BeyondTheMind

PreviousNext

Return to Law of Attraction