Manifestation and Acceptance

Manifesting your reality or the Law of Attraction

Manifestation and Acceptance

Postby heidi » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:17 pm

In the thread on Wayne Dyer, Lisa brought up the idea that Dyer's concept of conscious manifestation may disagree with Tolle's teachings. I have found that actually conscious manifestation only takes place when we say yes to what is, drop all thought, and allow that divine energy (such as that zone in sports or any creative endeavor) to flow without being impeded by the mind or ego.

So, my question is: Do you think the idea of conscious manifestation conflicts w/ Tolle's teachings? Do you have any examples of personal experience to share?

Answering my own question: Manifestation is actually allowing the self to be fulfilled by removing expectation, ego and thought.

What do you think?
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby lakeswimr » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:33 pm

I can only say I have experienced a difference in myself. When I am into manifesting (via Sanaya Roman/Orin, which is a bit different from Wayne Dyer but similar enough), I am focused on things I want to have happen. I focus on the things which I would like to create or have happen and charge their essense with positive energy and things like that (Sanaya's books are filled with various energy exercises which I found wonderful) and then I do what you said, I let go of it. I say yes to the way things are, I accept, I let go out the outcome and the outcome is usually at least as good as I hoped and usually better.

But right now I'm more into ET and I'm just not into manifesting. I find it a big difference. I am not saying I don't have any things I want to have happen in the future but few compared to before. I used to be almost exclusively focused on these future things and learning the ability to consciously and positively manifest was wonderful for me but now that my focus is much more on NOW I don't feel it. I don't know if this will last or what. I have gone back and forth between interest/attractioin to ET and Sanaya Roman several times in the past 1 1/2 years. For months now I have not been able to practice Sanaya Roman stuff and have been reading ET and like-minded writers.

I do think that much of Sanaya's message is the same as ETs but she does focus on future and on manifesting and so does Wayne Dyer.

I'll be interested in hearing what others say on this. I used to really wonder about it much more but not so much now but it will still be interesting to see how others experience this. (Anyone remember the long thread at TPON where I asked about whether or not people who were enlightened still had desires? That is very much related to this because without desires would one want to manifest at all?)
lakeswimr

Postby heidi » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:38 pm

For me, the manifestation is not a result of "wanting" or fulfilling the future with something, per se, it's more about the gifts of letting go. :)

Not familiar w/ Sanaya, but am guessing it may be like Sonia Choquette's work, which I found interesting but just like anything where you are looking to future as you said, and I agree, it's not present or fulfilling. Action, to me, is both acceptance and manifestation, and that's where I see it fitting in with Tolle's work perefctly. :).
Heidi
heidi

Postby kiki » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:26 pm

I put the following under the Spiritual Teachers thread, but it is more appropriate here:

Manifesting what you want is fine for what it does, I have no problem with that at all. It's just another part of the play of consciousness. One must ask oneself, however, what is it that one TRULY wants from the desired manifestation.

If you are really good at it I suppose you could manifest yourself all kinds of financial security, the ideal relationship, and any manner of other things. But, when those are achieved is lasting happiness, fulfillment, and peace also achieved? Has this worked for anyone in bringing lasting contentment? More likely, what will happen is that something new will be desired in hopes that that will bring a greater sense of fulfillment. I think that at the core of all such desires is the desire for something lasting, and the pursuit of something lasting outside oneself is futile.

If what one TRULY wants is freedom and UNCONDITIONAL peace, fulfillment and happiness then there is no need to seek it through egoic/mind powers of manifestation, because you are already free. Discover the freedom first, then see if there is any desire to add anything else through manifestation (who would there be who is desiring anything when awakening has been revealed?). Then manifestation takes on more of a quality of playfulness for the sake of playfulness, rather than being a means for achieving a greater sense of completeness. Manifestation is then seen as simply the unfoldment of what is, and is not done by anyone in particular. In other words, manifestation is always happening but it is no longer egocentric.
kiki

Postby barbarasher » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:10 am

Excuse my ignorance. Could you please explain the terms manifestation and conscious manifestation.
barbarasher

Postby erict » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:32 am

Hi Barbara, here's a link that will clarify things a bit for you.

http://www.inner-growth.info/shakti_gawain/creative_visualization_excerpts.htm

Although actually conscious creation is not just about using a certain technique, I think it's more about having the awareness of how you are affecting reality at each moment through your actions, words, thoughts and emotions.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby summer » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:56 am

So, Creation is doing a fine job all by itself. It certainly doesn't need me to make sure that the sun rises tomorrow, or the oceans ebb and wane in their natural cycle.

Our universe manifests itself in such an incredible way, that when we take time to appreciate it, our words are ones of thanks. A feeling of deep gratitude for the splendor that surrounds us.

When I wonder about "Manifestation techniques" is when I want to pay the taxes, and buy food. When I want more $$$$$$ to pay my bills without needing to get job that keeps me from doing what I love.
summer

Postby barbarasher » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:40 am

Thank you EricT.

You are always a great source of information.

I ordered to book.
barbarasher

Postby erict » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:01 am

Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain is an excellent book. But it seems to me you're already using the principles pretty well, considering your accomplishments...

This question already came up in another thread - What the Bleep Do We Know. I think that what I posted there is very relevant to this thread, so I'll post/copy it here as well.

a_friend wrote:I keep seeing two seemingly conflicting themes in all the spiritual teachings. On the one hand, there's ET and others who say the Way to peace/joy/love/etc. is Acceptance, saying "yes" to what is, non-judgement, and all that kind of stuff. On the other hand, there's Wayne Dyer, the teachers from "what the bleep", and others who say that you Create or Intend or Visualize your reality, that you can create good situations in your life. And therefore you can create your happiness, peace, whatever.

Are these teachings conflicting? They certainly seem so to me, but maybe I don't have a strong enough understanding of either of them to see that they are really the same teaching. What do you guys think?

Yes, you do not have a deep enough understanding of the teachings. They do not contradict each other in any way whatsoever.

You Create Your Own Reality (YCYOR)

Maybe something people fail to realize about this teaching is that it is not something that you can do. It is something you are always doing. The thing is that you are creating your own reality unconsciously, by default, without quite realizing what you are doing and how it all works. But every single moment of your life you are emitting energy (actions, thoughts, words, emotions... your very state of being) that affects your life situation and your experience of life itself.

The Power of Now

A lot of people seem to totally misinterpert many of Tolle's teachings. When Tolle says "accept what is" people hear "give up all desires and goals, stop taking initiative and live life like a vegetable". Just read his own words:

"To some people, surrender may have negative connotations, implying defeat, giving up, failing to rise to the challenges of life, becoming lethargic, and so on. True surrender, however, is something entirely different. It does not mean to passively put up with whatever situation you find yourself in and to do nothing about it. Nor does it mean to cease making plans or initiating positive action."

So as long as you have goals and you take action in your life don't you think it would be wise to consider the laws of the universe regarding the issue of the manifestation of reality?

Do you desire nothing in your life, do you have no goals, take no action? Some people think that this is what Tolle teaches, though he does not. But even if so... even if you chose to give up all goals and desires and take no action, how does YCYOR contradict that choice? YCYOR doesn't say you need to create anything, it simply explains how the universe works. It speaks of universal laws that exist whether you are aware of them or not. Where is the contradiction?

It is kind of like saying that there is a contradiction between the laws of aerodynamics and a theory that says that flying isn't the best way to get someplace. But that isn't exactly accurate because Eckhart Tolle says nothing against making plans, setting goals, wanting things, and taking action. In my understanding, what he says isn't that we should give up the future, want nothing and take no action. What he does say is something else. It is not these things that must change or disappear from our lives, it is our relationship to these things that should change. Set goals, work towards them, create things in your life and enjoy them. But stop seeking your self in them, stop seeking fulfilment and peace in them! End your compulsive need for the next moment and the next thing, but do not give them up entirely.

"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby lakeswimr » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:57 am

Tolle does clearly say we can work to make change but that if we are present and then work to make change the outcome will be vastly different than if we are doing this from an unsonscious mind state.
lakeswimr

Postby lucy » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:02 am

I am a teacher but I have always wanted to be a writer. Lately, I have had some success with my writing and have been able to find some paid work from it. At this point I don't make enough from it to feed my family. my question is this, I feel deep inside that writing is the work that I was meant to do, but the fear of not being able to pay the rent or feed my family keeps me from pursuing this work full time. I am on a sub list for teaching, but I find myself resenting the dispatching computer when I get called out for assignments. I would rather work on my writing then go out and teach. when I turn down an assignment i feel guilty because I know that we can use the money. My question is this, what do I have to surrender to? do i surrender to the fact that the computer has called me so i go to work for that day or do I surrender to the fact that teaching is not my thing and I should concentrate on my writing? your thoughts would be greatly appreciated
lucy

Postby heidi » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:48 pm

Hi Lucy -
do I have to surrender to? do i surrender to the fact that the computer has called me...

I tend to let the universe "tell" me what to do. So, if the computer calls you, it's either a call to go teach or a call to establish new prioritities in your life where you decide that your writing is more important than earning that money, and you have the vision and knowledge to know that everything is as it should be, and the abundance is there for you. So, that's where you decide - to let fear run your show, or to trust the wisdom of what is.

One thing I have learned is that when you let go of fear (future) the universe presents you with miracles of support for your endeavors. I actually am very scattered, I'm writing a book, teaching art, running peacethings.com, doing a soldier sponsorship program for the holidays and dealing with all the media surrounding it, maintaining 5 websites, doing lots of community service, creating 37 handdrawn and painted eggs for holidays gifts, big deadline, preparing to host the big family party next week... and here I am somehow finding the time to be writing here :)

Around 20 years ago I was in a dsyfunctional marriage and determined to "stay the course" of my commitment. I was in a good financial situation living in a pretty prison in a very upscale place. When I let fate run my show, I ended up "throwing it all away", leaving the security and wealth, for a mate that truly is my mate. I took a wild gamble, and said to this guy who was like Bob Crachett in A Chtistmas Carol back then, as we struggled financially yet enjoyed life so much - stick with me and we'll always be fine. And we have been, and we work together and love creating together, and he's become very successful and a wonderful supporter of my creative stuff, and together we've manifested a truly good life of love and abundance, and most importantly an emotionally functional family dynamic.

What I'm getting at is this, you need to let go of fear to allow the universe to fulfill you. That's what surrender is all about. I prefer to call it acceptance as surrender has a negative, powerless connotation.

So, you can take the call and go and teach and possibly end up with a publisher because your gut told you to go to open some kind of door, or you can feel the call as a call to stand strong on your determination to let go of fear and write. :)

Must run!
Heidi
heidi

Postby lucy » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:29 pm

Heidi,

Thanks so much for your response. Of course, this is stuff I already know intuitively, it just seems as though I am asking permission from someone outside of myself to legitimize my choices. How sad is that? I grew up in a family that valued self-reliance and education, somehow I got trapped in the security thing and pushed aside my dreams. I thought I should have something to fall back on if I didn't make it as a writer. One thing is true if you have something to fall back on, you'll fall back on it. I'm lucky that I've known from a very early age what the universe wants me to do, I was just too afraid to answer the call. Your words have helped a lot.
lucy

Postby phil » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:35 pm

Everything comes with a price tag, sometimes examining the price tag can help.

Many (most?) self employed people are that way simply because they were unwilling to pay the price tag involved in working for others. They looked at that price tag and said
, nope, not for me, not gonna do it, no matter what happens.

And by saying (and hopefully meaning) "no matter what happens" they are accepting the price tag that comes with self employment.

We raise squirrels. They live 10 years in captivity, 2 or 3 years in the wild. Self employed people can be compared to squirrels. When you open the cage door, they run for the trees, whatever the consequences. That's where they were born to be. They'd rather live 2 years in the wild, than 10 years in the cage.

Folks who work for others are more like house pets. Sensible. Why live outside when you get all the chow and medical attention you need inside? Why live 2 years, when you could live 10?

Family obligations complicate this equation of course. Now the whole family has to decide if they are willing to accept "whatever the consequences" for you to be free.

If you have such obligations, I'd suggest you see if you want self employment bad enough to work two jobs at once. Keep one foot in the house, while you venture outside.

Give up everything that isn't nailed down for your goal. TV, out to dinner, new clothes, etc etc. If you can't give those things up, perhaps you have your answer.

Good luck! See you in the trees, whatever the consequences.
phil

Postby Katiebug » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:28 am

I LOVE your post Phil! Kinda makes me want to open my own little chocolate store. Its my biggest weakness-chocolate. Anyway, you put it so well with the squirrels analogy. I guess most of the time the fear is what is holding us back....you may have to hit rock bottom before you can do well in something like that....just as the squirrels would have to learn to find food, but eventually they'd be swinging from the trees. or maybe thats just monkeys....haha either way....living free is always better!
Katiebug

Next

Return to Law of Attraction