How does this relate to the Law of Attraction?

Manifesting your reality or the Law of Attraction

Re: How does this relate to the Law of Attraction?

Postby Onceler » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:27 pm

I applied a technique similar to LOA four years ago on three major things in my life and, to my suprise, it worked beautifully. I got exactly what I asked for. New job, new house in a new location. Turns out that the job and house caused a signifigant deal of stress and they were not "perfect", because I am still me and not perfect. I don't use manifesting anymore, that was the only time, because I don't trust myself (egoic entity) to know what I need, and I am not tuned in enough to source to percieve what I should attract. I am with Byron Katie, reality is exactly what you need.

I use ET's teachings and portals to stay in the now and accept what is happening. You can use LOA, but you still need presence and surrender to deal with what you attract! Be careful for what you ask for!
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby Sighclone » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:09 pm

Melissa -

I feel that since reading PON, I may not be able to go back to that past level of excitement and wonderment of what I have helped to create in my life. I want to continue to think positively (I have been a bit negative and upset processing PON), so I can help to create the one absolutely incredible that that will benefit many people, not just me.

What I am sensing is that you are growing in your awareness. In fact, you are growing so far that the goals and objectives from the past, and the techniques you used to reach them are coming into question. Something in ET resonated so deeply within you that fundamental world-views (egoic world-views) have been brought to your attention. And there is enough Presence in you that they are changing. That is huge. But it is the basic elements of Tolle's (and many other non-dualists') message which have the primary influence today. My guess is that you have been a successful person. And that this success has brought you rewards. And happiness. What Eckhart has brought into your life, however, is a larger dimension of reality which places all your previous beliefs and identities in a different perspective. The cognitive dissonance you experience is normal.

1) There is no hurry. You can integrate Unity Consciousness into your life at a pace which is comfortable for you. For me, (and you can check out my Feb-Mar posts), when I stumbled across Eckhart, his words were the final piece of a 40-year search. And, I was at a point in my life where I could devote 24/7 to integrating nonduality into my life...there was a delightful synchronicity, and I am immensely grateful for it. I've re-entered my former worklife smoothly now, but still spend at least one hour a day in spiritual practices or reading.

2) Pick up a copy of Byron Katie's "Loving What Is" and review her website thework.com. Eckhart was mainly about the "what" of enlightenment (plus his many portal-practices). But BK is about how to use the mind to dissolve, discard or replace thoughts which hold us down...she is about the "how." You will enjoy her, but be ready to actually "work" on her inquiry methods. She is highly endorsed by Tolle.

Thanks for joining our forum!

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby melissafan75 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:29 am

Thank you for your advice everyone... it is quite funny that you mention "cognitive dissonance"... I was thinking just that term this morning as I still "process" everything. Yes, I feel and am successful, and despite years of past anxiety and depression, I have found a way to attract positive things into my life that have helped me to change my life (perception and emotions) beyond what I could imagine. I still want to be as positive as I can be, for the benefit of others as well... my vision board has what I wish for others as well as myself.

I will visit the site. Thank you soooooooooooooooooo much!!!

Melissa
melissafan75

Postby wolfe » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:02 pm

In response to the original question:
There is no conflict. The universe(?) manifests in non-duality (singularity?). The mind conceives in duality. ie: the concept of 'God' only can exist within a concept of non-god. You know (conceive) of God only within knowing what God is not. As Osho put it, God can't exist without the devil. Yet existence (or God, universe, all that is, etc) exists. It's only the mind's conceptualization of God that requires non-God.
The 'Law of Attraction' is practiced within mind-concepts. Duality. Which must be 'overcome' for success. Following this path may prove successful in the short term, but it will lead back to the path that Tolle outlines because it's simply a manifestation of the universal 'law' that our mind (part of the universe) creates reality.
'Presence' or 'emptiness' aligns a person with the universe's manifestation (reality). Intent (duality) separates.

Take whichever path you wish, but figure this out and you'll see there is no conflict. You'll see a universe functioning perfectly. Independent of your desired conceptualizations.
wolfe

Postby lucy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:28 am

Beautifully captured Wolf... for the moment.
lucy

Postby goldenbirdies » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:20 pm

Is the secret to desire nothing ? Feel the warmth of just Being. There's a lot of conditioning to dispense with, but a few moments of consciousness now (since reading Eckhart) have convinced me this is the way.

Dave
Last edited by goldenbirdies on Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
David

Steal Softly through Sunshine, Steal Softly through Snow - Don Van Vliet
goldenbirdies

Postby Izumi » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:51 pm

goldenbirdies - see my post on 'Unity Village Interview'. Go to 'part three', wait to stream, then go forward to 18.00 minutes in.
You'll hear a question about 'Treasure maps' (Law of Attraction). Eckhart gives a direct answer.
Izumi

Postby Izumi » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:59 pm

melissafan75 - sorry - my last was for you.
(Just finding my way around here).
: )
Izumi

Postby Destiny » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:59 am

LOA and ET's Teachings talks about the same thing , but there is a misinderpretation in LOA.

LOA says that YOU and Universe are seperate things. YOU find what you REALY want (become consious) , ask it from the universe and the universe gives it to you.

ET's Teachings says that YOU and Universe are ONE. If you align with that (become consious) and go with the flow (and don't resist it) then the Circumstances and people become helpful, cooperative. Coincidences happen.

That's why LOA works . It's not based in something supernatural . It is based in the deepest truth.
Destiny

Postby Sighclone » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:24 am

Destiny -

Both of Nanci Danison's books ("Backwards" and the Jan '09 "Backwards Guidebook") agree with you on the duality inherent in the conventional understanding of the LOA, and the reality of Unity in Source simply manifesting as we use "attention and intention" in the actual LOA. "Backwards" is Ms. Danison's (a lawyer) recollection of her NDE and adds the soul / Light Being dimension to Eckhart's direct path.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Previous

Return to Law of Attraction