Is There Any Truth To It?

Manifesting your reality or the Law of Attraction

Re: Is There Any Truth To It?

Postby Sighclone » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:32 am

Amusing twist, nutrition. Maybe what we need is to "not need" what we wished for. So we get it and then it doesn't do the job. Hopefully we have our ears on and hear the deeper message.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby nutrition » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:55 pm

Yes, I see that, it is true.
It is also true that in our western world we have so much. We eat every day and what we want, even more than we need. We have all sorts of things and are able to afford entertainement, gadgets, clothers, trips....and even, like me, to post on forums.
Then there is this gardener from India that works where i do. His family is in India and he sends them money. He leaves with almost nothing in a very tiny room. He sees his family once a year and he says his kids are growing too fast and he misses them.
Then there is my husband and many others like him who have everything and do not appreciate having a family or what they have. They want to leave it for something better or more fulfilling. For someone they can be happy with. What is all this? Why all these contraddictions? Why do we always think something outside can make us happy?
That man from India is happy, watching him work is like watching a person meditating.
What can fill the vacuum that we have in our hearts when we truly have so much and we want so much more?!
blessing
nutrition

Postby karmarider » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:56 pm

nutrition wrote:...What can fill the vacuum that we have in our hearts when we truly have so much and we want so much more?!
blessing

Very well said, and thanks for the great zen story about the Indian worker.

The problem is wanting. In our dualistic minds, we have come to fervently believe that there is no getting without wanting. We have also come to intimately believe in substitute desires. We replace the desire to be complete (more accurately to stop the continual effort of resisting the completeness which we already are) with many other substitute desires, for money, for the perfect partner, for status, power, control, security and so on.

The LOA is very much a part of this insanity. Whether the LAO works or not is not important. What's important is to look at our fervent desire to hope that the LOA works, even in the face of contradiction.

The people who use the LOA or believe in it, most likely live in a western country, and belong to the approximately 10% of humanity which is disproportionately blessed. The LOA does not seem to work for 90% of humanity which struggles for bare subsistence, water, food, shelter and safety. Yet, some of the 10% incredibly blessed are able to believe that LOA may not work for truly unfortunate, but it damned well better give me money or the perfect partner because that's what I want.

There is truth to LOA but it's not at all what the cluttered, dualistic mind believes it to be.

The LOA's promise is not much different from religion's promise of heaven in the future, or science's promise of a high-tech utopia in the future, or the hidden colonial promise of a beautiful, mono-culture world. The LOA is possibly more unabashedly materialistic than the other promises.

Being a witness to the desires and beliefs we build around desires and the fervent movement to want to believe in something that will make our lives better in the future can perhaps bring us the clarity that heaven is right here, right now.
karmarider

Postby Robin » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:14 pm

nutrition wrote:Yes, I see that, it is true.
It is also true that in our western world we have so much. We eat every day and what we want, even more than we need. We have all sorts of things and are able to afford entertainement, gadgets, clothers, trips....and even, like me, to post on forums.
Then there is this gardener from India that works where i do. His family is in India and he sends them money. He leaves with almost nothing in a very tiny room. He sees his family once a year and he says his kids are growing too fast and he misses them.
Then there is my husband and many others like him who have everything and do not appreciate having a family or what they have. They want to leave it for something better or more fulfilling. For someone they can be happy with. What is all this? Why all these contraddictions? Why do we always think something outside can make us happy?
That man from India is happy, watching him work is like watching a person meditating.
What can fill the vacuum that we have in our hearts when we truly have so much and we want so much more?!
blessing

People are worlds, each one his own story. What do we know. Maybe the man from India is happy because he choose to leave his family to do something for the family. With the distance he misses them and fills his mind with how wonderfull all are. Maybe he is happy because of that. Let him win a coupple of million, suddenly he goes home and doesnt need to do anything anymore for his family. He starts believing they are all only after his money and he starts beating his wife and leaving them all to learn and work hard as he did. He suddenly sees them as selfish and greedy only wanting his money and he throws them out the house so they learn a lesson. Maybe he get his kick out of being a moralist. Lets call him the moralist. He had to leave his country to provide for his family, he is providing and his moral convictions are paying him back. But now being a millionare the moralist develop other types of morals to get a kick out of them. To get a kick out from morals without money he works for his family, to get a kick out of morals being a millionare he has to through them out of the house not to be after his money learning a lesson how hard it is when one has to work.

Your husband comes from another tradition, religion, background. He choose to leave his country to find adventure, meaning in life or something in a new world. Onces there he didnt find it and being a seeker he travels on trying to find life. A new job, new wife, new country etc .....the seeker seeks. Through seeking and moving he keeps his options open to find what he seeks and will get deppressed not seeking. The troubble is that he doesnt see that what he is seeking he is himselves and finds it when he sees it.

You see I dont know what makes the individual do what they do but here are two possible stories. There might be millions of othes.

cheers
Robin
Robin

Postby Peaceman » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:06 am

I believe in the laws of attraction but not in the "getting" kind of way it is usually meant....I see it in the "openess" the mind emits to the world, very similiar to Tolle, it has happened to me and it is an amazing thing like a totally "other dimension" kind of thing, totally "other worldly " and the possibilities were mind boggling, but it only happened once!! As you may have gathered I cant follow "methods" or "techniques" at all!! I have often wondered ....would I classify Tolles books in a "spirituality" category or a "self-help" category!! Just rambling here!
Peaceman

Postby nutrition » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:53 pm

Why did it only happen once? What did you do to "make" it happen. You just let go and it happened? It is not clear to me what your experience was.
Blessings
nutrition

Postby Peaceman » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:19 am

No nutrition I am not very clear am I!! I think why it happened, rather than what I did to make it happen, my mind opened wider than its usual boundaries( I think!) I accepted. What actually happened? As I said it was amazing, as if all things were possible to me, guess I am still not being very clear, hard really to explain....ask me some more questions?!! :lol How do I know why it only happened once?! I dont prescribe to practicing magic! Grill me!! :)
Peaceman

Postby nutrition » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:01 pm

???????? :roll:
nutrition

Postby Peaceman » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:24 am

Hi nutrition! I meant ask me some more questions fire them at me, maybe you will get me to be more precise and clear! :?
Peaceman

Postby nutrition » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:28 pm

ok here are my questions:
you said it happened only once and it was another dimention kind of thing. Well what was it that manifested for you exactly?
How did you go about visualizing it before it actually manifested?
blessings
nutrition

Postby Peaceman » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:56 pm

What was it that manifested for me actually. ....and how did I go about visualising it before it manifested?
Oh! :lol: I didnt!! thats the answer to the second question !! So I guess I dont qualify on this page? (Thanks for clarifying that for me :lol: ) I kind of opened my mind to accept anything or everything, but thats not visualising so......
What manifested? A whole new world or rather the world in a totally different light, a world where all things were possible, where everything was light and easy, flowing, nothing specific like a pot of gold etc! ...so again I guess I dont qualify on this page?? Write me off ! :oops: I guess I have just repeated my first post so you are none the wiser!!! No dont write me off!! I stick by what I have written!! It happened, dont be nosey(joke)
Peaceman

Postby blink2337 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:21 am

LOA does invoke the ego, playing into its desires. You can manifest from ego by projecting thought frequencies that will attract you the new car, house, etc. to fill you up. This way always results in a temporary high then suffering because, as you are initially identifying with form and coming from a place of lack, the form will eventually no longer satisfy you AND it is not a stepping stone on the path the universe intends for you....knocking you back to square one.

The truth is, one can only manifest (without eventual suffering) the purpose for which the universe has for him or her. Thus, the true way to manifest is to be at peace with the present moment, then the manifesting will come from a place within. You must learn to be in touch with your destination/purpose/potential from within, and this will play out in the universe as long as you are in love with the present moment.

LOA, though it works (thoughts/emotions give off frequencies that attract things, etc.), it is a distraction from becoming conscious. Since all this thought manifestation (I want, I need) is derived from form identification which leads to eventual suffering, it's better to become conscious (step back from the thought stream) and tap into our true INTENDED potential from within.

Just my take--thoughts :)
blink2337

Postby Onceler » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:17 am

nutrition wrote:
Onceler wrote:Is what you wish for (attact, visualize, etc.) what you need? Be careful for what you wish for. I have gotten things I have visualized in a precise way only to find out it is not what I wanted or it didn't offer long term satisfaction....'course that's the smoke and mirrors of the self.

If it is not what we need how can the universe manifest it to us?

Good question, Nutrition, I missed it the first time around. I think I needed to find out that the LOA was not everything it was cracked up to be. I needed to know it was not what I needed....
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Previous

Return to Law of Attraction