Law of attraction and OCD

Manifesting your reality or the Law of Attraction

Re: Law of attraction and OCD

Postby Sighclone » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:14 pm

Beautifully phrased, heidi. One suggestion she is making is that persistent negative thinking does cause physical decay. This is sort of the downside effect of the LOA! A family member is a tragic example of this. Thanks for the book recommendation!

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby misha » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:20 am

Happened to come across this and was surprised -

"Wherever and whenever a desire, a want, or a prayer has been fulfilled, it was out of this infinite storehouse of power within us that the supply came, and not from any supernatural being."

From Swami Vivekananda’s preface to his book, Raja Yoga. Complete Works, 1.122.
Vivekananda Vedanta Network
http://www.vivekananda.org/
misha

Re: Law of attraction and OCD-blue feather, blue sheep

Postby Dan_ » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:01 am

I have experimented with law of attraction for many years. For the people who wrote about blue feather and the blue sheep I believe that once you decided on the object you begin to notice it more. Your focus is now on the blue feather or the blue sheep. You probably see those objects any other time and would not pay attention. Mind sees millions of objects everyday but it only focus on selected things.
When I decided to buy Toyata Camry, all of a sudden I started to notice them on the road very frequently.
Dan_

Postby Dan_ » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:10 am

Hi
I had an unusual experience which may or may not be a case of LoA. I went to Sylva mind control seminar. We spent most of the day visualizing and focusing on what we want. I visualized obtaining a lot of money. Next morning a relative of mine called and informed that he wanted to give me $12000 as a gift.
I believe that in my above post the example of Toyota Camry was not LOA but merely mind focusing or programed to notice a particular object. My question is regarding my relative wanting to give me $12000, a coincident or a case of manifestation? I hope I was manifesting.
Dan_

Postby powerbowler » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:17 pm

The difference between thoughts of an OCD sufferer and the thoughts of people who practice LOA is that the OCD sufferer does not want those particular thoughts , they find them distasteful or repugnant . Those that practice LOA bring into mind thoughts that they want. The law of attraction works on bringing into existence[ into form] that which you believe is needed to make your life more complete , it can pass into expression through us only as we consciously ALLOW it to do so. The OCD sufferer is doing the opposite , that is trying to push away thoughts , the
law that the OCD sufferer is bringing into play is " What you resist persists ".
The remedy for OCD is not to drag the thoughts into existence , that is the whole problem , the OCD sufferer knows the thoughts will come soon enough anyway, but when they come to allow them house room. See them for what they are-- unwelcome guests -- a dark cloud passing the clear blue sky of your mind. Let them in [ they come anyway] and without judgement on them- patiently let them leave.
The law of attraction is working all the time whether you believe in it or not , NOT wanting those thoughts is what will be working for you through the Law of Attraction.
powerbowler

Previous

Return to Law of Attraction