Need help curing anxiety with law of attraction + Eckhart?

Manifesting your reality or the Law of Attraction

Re: Need help curing anxiety with law of attraction + Eckhar

Postby Mariposa » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:58 am

enigma wrote:Anxiety is a funny thing. Not the same as fear. Fear we can deal with, and as much as we don't want to admit it sometimes, it's even enjoyable and exciting. We don't go to scary movies because fear is to be avoided at all cost, we like being stimulated in that way as long as we think we can control it in duration and intensity. So what is the difference between fear that is very brief or that is enclosed in duration and intensity, and anxiety?

Anxiety is fear of fear. Anxiety is fear that the fear will not end, and it is therefore ungrounded. That is, it has no basis in an actual fearful situation, which would necessarily be limited in duration and intensity. Situations come and they go, but the fear that they will never go....will never go. As a purely imagined fear, there can be no solution. One cannot say what one is anxious about and so nothing can be done to end it or even to accept it. It remains forever an unknown that cannot be controlled, and it's this inability to control which is the source of the anxiety. Karmarider describes it as a decision, which is basically true. The 'solution' is to recognize that it is a phantom that self perpetuates. It exists only by feeding off itself.

There is the sense that the anxiety is defensive; that it protects in some way, but it's much more like stabbing oneself to allay the fear of accidentally stabbing oneself. There's the sense that if the anxiety is surrendered, that there will 'something' with which to deal beneath this anxiety, and this isn't true. There is nothing at all beneath anxiety. Seeing very clearly what is happening is the end of it.

Hey Enigma, I don't know if you'll see this, I see this is from 2009!

I do NOT like horror movies at all, ever since I was little and my parents would watch the X-files, I remember being very easily scared of imaginary things, and of the dark even to this day. I find it hard to believe that people can find any entertainment at all from horror movies and such, I watched The Black Swan and it was exhausting to me, lol. I did realize though, that it is mostly the music from the movies that creates all the anticipation and fear, because if I mute a horror movie, or a suspense movie, I might not be so scared. I also remember my brother showing me this video a long time ago, designed to scare the **** out of people! It was a sort of commercial of a car going through this beautiful landscape, and once you were focused there, out of nowhere this tiny dwarf would appear very very close to the camera. This kind of pranks have made me loose control more than once, and this one time on the computer, after I was scared by a prank e-mail, I screamed so hard and run away so fast, that when I realized it was just a "joke" I was outside of the building! :lol: Oh, this other time, I fell asleep in a chair with a group of friends (it got late, lol) and this one guy thought it'd be funny to scream in my ear to wake me up, I screamed even harder and the silence after that was really awkward! I can get really upset and angry at people for this :lol: that is how much I dislike being scared. I guess it takes me to an unknown territory and I don't like that.

When I get anxiety, well my "panic attacks" I feel that I can't breathe. The first time it happened to me was the worst of all, because that time, I really did feel I was suffocating, but ever since, I know that I won't, happened countless times and my lungs are fine.

So in this sense, I don't relate to the fear of fear that you talk about, and to:

We don't go to scary movies because fear is to be avoided at all cost, we like being stimulated in that way as long as we think we can control it in duration and intensity.

I can't even hear like tales about scary stuff, be it fictional monsters or crime stories, anything that can get into my imagination, because I am really visual. For example, if you tell me, I don't know, that you have a booger in your nose right now, I can really picture it and I'm already grossed out (well, not really, that's just an example, if I use another example, I will really be grossed out, lol).

I guess I am really sensitive, and emotionally easy to get anywhere, susceptible. I noticed that, sometimes, when somebody smiles on tv, I smile too :) Let alone crying when somebody else does!

This allows me to feel really deeply when I listen to music, and also, when I hear a loud sound, my body will respond to it quickly, I guess that's funny.

Anyhoot, just wanted to comment on your post and see what you or any other reader can share about it.

:)
Mariposa

Postby karmarider » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:33 am

Enigma was making the point that sometimes we seek out the emotion of fear. It's not just horror movies--I don't watch horror movies for the same reason you don't; I don't want gruesome images in my head. Nevertheless we seek out fear sometimes, it can be the fear in horror, or in amusement parks, or thrills, or news, or drama, or certain situations that some people seem to get into repeatedly and so on.

Anxiety is the fear of fear--a completely baseless fear. Anxiety or panic attacks are excellent candidates for releasing, because in these emotions, the structure of emotions is very clear.

An emotion is a remembered pattern of physical sensations plus thought-stories. Take a look. This very clear with an emotion like anxiety, more subtle with other emotions.

I have a simple technique for releasing anxiety--that's I released my anxiety after twenty years of trying everything else. You watch, allow, and in that space of no resistance you can see the structure of anxiety, that it is just thought-stories connected to physical sensations, and in the seeing you can let go of it.

If that does not resonate, try the book, The Sedona Method.
karmarider

Postby Mariposa » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:46 pm

Hey, look at this Osho quote I found, doesn't allow me to copy and paste, so here is the link, it's about fear.

http://www.osho.com/online-library-disb ... a-04e.aspx

:)
Mariposa

Postby Pako Chubi » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:12 pm

I think that, as you said, you didn't quite get the essence of eckhart's teaching. You are trying to get rid of anxiety, and that is only giving you more and more anxiety, becouse of course you are thinking about some better future -and that's the thing with law of attraction, that you can create with it some fear to bad stuff happening in the future (wich includes fear to have anxiety in the future, even the most near future). Look at your mind and you will find that you think a lot about how to avoid anxiety or thinking about what can you do to get rid of it so that it doesn't present in the future. Even watching videos or reading stuff or going to learn some techinques can be ways of your mind for trying to avoid suffering. YOU CAN read things and watch videos without making that into avoidance. But you CAN'T PREVENT suffering or anxiety to happen by doing anything. The only way you can prevent it is by being completly present, and that includes not trying or thinking that by doing that you will prevent or get rid of anxiety -becouse if you do so, you won't be completly present, you will be in the future -IN PSYCHOLOGICAL TIME.
When you are present, you can know that by being in that state you are getting rid of anxiety, but that knowledge is not a thought...you know it becouse you are LIVING IT, you don't need to think about it, you are knowing it by first hand -Then there is freedom.

Hope you get better!! :)
Pako Chubi

Postby Sighclone » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:53 am

Nice comments and right on, Pako -- thanks!

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby HowToKnowGod » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:14 am

There's anxiety and there's you. There's a desire to get rid of anxiety, and there's you.

There is anxiety in me right now. It is very strong. All I can do is watch it and let it be. Wanting to get rid of it is just more anxiety. There's no real choice but to watch the mind, watch the feelings.
HowToKnowGod

Postby ashley72 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:36 am

HowToKnowGod,

You seem to be in the right space. I also suffered with anxiety and I wanted to share something with you regarding "free will" or finally seeing the illusional nature of free will. Ever since I directly realised that I (the witness) doesnt actually do anything, thoughts, actions , emotions & feelings all arise spontaneously, my worrying and anxiety has disappeared greatly. I feel a deep peace on and off now.... Which just spontaneously arises, with thoughts of "you're not doing anything its all just happening as it suppose to. :D

I watched thoughts for 12 months so it didn't happen overnight it was a slow transitional change. I can see you're on the right track. :D
ashley72

Postby Sighclone » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:12 am

There you go again Ashley. :D

My favorite posts are those which express persponal experiences. While there are many "personality types," the transition to awakening has fewer varieties, I think. Which is to say that since we are all "one," and the realization of that comes to the Self, not the separate self (i.e. the ego does not wake up) ... then the events of veils falling away, of the little-me self giving up the wheel it never really controlled, those events are somewhat common to us all.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby ashley72 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:20 am

Andy,

"...of the little-me self giving up the wheel it never really controlled"

That's a good way of saying it. :D

You're still along for the ride, you just don't bother to worry about keeping your hands on the wheel, because you're got no arms which are able to steer anyway! :lol:
ashley72

Postby HowToKnowGod » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:53 pm

I watched thoughts for 12 months so it didn't happen overnight it was a slow transitional change. I can see you're on the right track. :D

Thanks. I've been feeling the inner body and watching thoughts for a decade now. I read the Power of Now back in 2000 or 2001.
HowToKnowGod

Previous

Return to Law of Attraction