Need help curing anxiety with law of attraction + Eckhart?

Manifesting your reality or the Law of Attraction

Need help curing anxiety with law of attraction + Eckhart?

Postby mark4change » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:33 pm

Hi I am a big fan of eckhart tolles book the power of now and also of the secret/ law of attraction.

The problem is I have been suffering from anxiety for about 3 years now and recently I kind of more or less got over the anxiety for about 4 or 5 weeks. I did this by using a combination of the secret and eckart tolles teachings.

However this is the dilemna i have. Even though I feel fairly confident that I can rid myself of this anxiety for good now I am unsure whether to use the law of attraction to ask for states other than anxiety eg happiness/ feeling good/ calmness. The reason that I am hesitant is because I don't know whether this is just masking over the anxiety and so the anxiety gets swept under the carpet ready to come out at a later time? (maybe I should always just deal with the emotions in the moment and observe them like Tolle says)

However I have noticed that by focusing primarily on Tolles teachings especially 'the feel the emotion/anxiety fully and just observe it technique' that I am finding it hard to get over the anxiety doing just this alone? It feels like in some sense that I am just attracting it back into my life via the law of attraction? OR am I just not doing it right? (maybe it just take time to get rid of the anxiety)

In particular I am asking any of you who have a good understanding of both Tolle AND the secrets teachings in particular OR have used either of these two approaches to cure anxiety.

So in summary do I just do what I did before and use a combination of both teachings to effectively 'cure' my anxiety OR do I just use Tolles teachings because it will NOT just sweep the anxiety under the carpet? (even though it appears to be attracting anxiety back to me somewhat!)
mark4change

Re: Need help curing anxiety with law of attraction + Eckhart?

Postby karmarider » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:52 pm

Interesting. The LOA is not giving you any particular states. Your mind is creating mental states that the mind wants. You can bypass these complicated movements simply by being aware.

I had twenty years of anxiety which I has able to shed, to my chagrin, very easily when I understood that anxiety is merely a decision I make.

What Tolle says is true: fully allow whatever is going on inside; effortlessly notice it; and you can let go of it. It is that easy.

However, many of us, including you and I, are not able to have this insight right away. So it isn't easy for us until it is, and practice of some sort can allow this insight.

Try release techniques. The "good" ones are ones which simply allow an insight and then it is no longer a practice. Try the one on my site or The Sedona Method. I don't, but some people do resonate with EFT, and some with Byron Katie.

Continue Tolle's awareness technique: allow, observe, let go.

If you are able to, let go of the ideas around the LOA. Clinging to belief systems and seeking are heavy obstacles.
karmarider

Postby Sighclone » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:47 am

I am reminded in this thread by something I observed in myself, and others: the belief system and its holder arise together. Part of the reason it is hard to discard a belief system is that then its holder has these "little empty pockets" where the belief system used to fit so perfectly and there is a great compusion to fill them with something else!

And the thought of throwing away the entire costume is hugely scary -- no pockets at all???

Self-realization is all about seeing the costume and seeing it as just that, something we have been wearing, not something we are. Ultimately it is a great relief. Home is not our ego-costume.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby Onceler » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:49 pm

Nice, Andy. The pocket metaphor rings true. I also like Paul Simon's line, "empty as a pocket....." you're saying, now lose the pockets.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby Sighclone » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:47 pm

Thank you OnceLER...

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby enigma » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:18 pm

Anxiety is a funny thing. Not the same as fear. Fear we can deal with, and as much as we don't want to admit it sometimes, it's even enjoyable and exciting. We don't go to scary movies because fear is to be avoided at all cost, we like being stimulated in that way as long as we think we can control it in duration and intensity. So what is the difference between fear that is very brief or that is enclosed in duration and intensity, and anxiety?

Anxiety is fear of fear. Anxiety is fear that the fear will not end, and it is therefore ungrounded. That is, it has no basis in an actual fearful situation, which would necessarily be limited in duration and intensity. Situations come and they go, but the fear that they will never go....will never go. As a purely imagined fear, there can be no solution. One cannot say what one is anxious about and so nothing can be done to end it or even to accept it. It remains forever an unknown that cannot be controlled, and it's this inability to control which is the source of the anxiety. Karmarider describes it as a decision, which is basically true. The 'solution' is to recognize that it is a phantom that self perpetuates. It exists only by feeding off itself.

There is the sense that the anxiety is defensive; that it protects in some way, but it's much more like stabbing oneself to allay the fear of accidentally stabbing oneself. There's the sense that if the anxiety is surrendered, that there will 'something' with which to deal beneath this anxiety, and this isn't true. There is nothing at all beneath anxiety. Seeing very clearly what is happening is the end of it.
enigma

Postby Sighclone » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:42 pm

enigma -- Wow. Just a fine resonant comment, and right on from my experience. "Generalized Anxiety Disorder" (DSM-IV-TR 300.02, p. 472) is what you are describing. As a nondualist, I think your suggestions and articulate phrasing are splendid. I hope some can benefit from it.

Andy
Sighclone

Re: Need help curing anxiety with law of attraction + Eckhar

Postby judy101101 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:02 pm

in order to cure anxiety you pretty much have to ignore the current beliefs you've learn't by Tolle and the law of attraction - they are not explaining reality all that well and only causing more harm then good.

Your anxiety started at one specific time in your life - you created a belief that needs to be transformed. Eckart says not to have beliefs yet he is teaching his beliefs and you are believing them - odd don't you think? We all have beliefs - that is your DNA at work basically - for you to have a belief your body must create the right peptides and proteins for you to experience them and that gets attached to your DNA. So at some point when your anxiety started you had this fight/flight experience - usually anxiety is a sign that you are unsure of the safest way out of a problem causing self doubt and lack of confidence. Currently all systems are flawed - education, medical, economic, justice, political - so while you have a belief these systems are something you can trust you will feel constant anxiety because it's like putting a round peg in a square hole - it can't be done causing you anxiety because your still trying to make a flawed system work for you. Those who heal from anxiety today either figure out the answers, they see all flaws and no longer participate with them or they accept the flaws and use it to their advantage without knowing the harm they are doing to others. Think of it this way - currently we are either the slaves or the slave masters - there are basically two classes although different levels of those classes. You will either decide to be the slave or the slave master - both are dead wrong. The slave masters tend to have all the wealth - so Oprah, Chopra, Wayne Dyer, Eckart all have choosen to be the slave masters causing harm to all others while thinking they are doing the right thing. That is why they suffer from illness's - Oprah over eats, Wayne Dyer has cancer, Chopra is depressed and meditating on his own death while writing books trying to convince us all to accept death not life - Eckart to will develop an illness - he is manifesting massive amounts of negative energy to himself with his flawed information that his ego tells him he is right.

YOUR CURE
Try to remember when you first experienced your anxiety - then try to see the rules or beliefs you developed that you took to keep you safe at that time. My guess is something happened you didn't know what to do so your rule is PANIC. maybe develop a better belief, a better rule like - when I don't know the answers to anything I just have to be peaceful, calm and loving and ask the universe "ok what is the right thing for me to be doing" - ask good questions and be open and a good answer will come. if you do this process while in fear, anger, frustration, panic, anxiety - any negative state of being and ask the universe what you should be doing and it will always give you the wrong answers but it will feel like the right one.

then should you experience further anxiety - pay attention - what triggered it - you will always have a trigger that will set you off - develop a new rule when ever this happens to you.

There is an information field around our planet - it can't be seen just like air but it doesn't mean it's not there. There are two layers of this information surrounding us - one is negative the other positive. You can easily access this information field through intuition and state of being. if in a state of being calm, loving you get loving information, in a state of fear you will access negative information.

communicate with your anxiety when it appears again and ask it what it wants - it wants something and it will always be information. All problems are nothing more then a lack of information - give a problem the missing information and the problem disappears. and always remember - every problem is born with it's solutions. problems are visable while solutions are invisible but just because you can't see something does not mean it's not there

hope that helps
much love
Judy

mark4change wrote:Hi I am a big fan of eckhart tolles book the power of now and also of the secret/ law of attraction.

The problem is I have been suffering from anxiety for about 3 years now and recently I kind of more or less got over the anxiety for about 4 or 5 weeks. I did this by using a combination of the secret and eckart tolles teachings.

However this is the dilemna i have. Even though I feel fairly confident that I can rid myself of this anxiety for good now I am unsure whether to use the law of attraction to ask for states other than anxiety eg happiness/ feeling good/ calmness. The reason that I am hesitant is because I don't know whether this is just masking over the anxiety and so the anxiety gets swept under the carpet ready to come out at a later time? (maybe I should always just deal with the emotions in the moment and observe them like Tolle says)

However I have noticed that by focusing primarily on Tolles teachings especially 'the feel the emotion/anxiety fully and just observe it technique' that I am finding it hard to get over the anxiety doing just this alone? It feels like in some sense that I am just attracting it back into my life via the law of attraction? OR am I just not doing it right? (maybe it just take time to get rid of the anxiety)

In particular I am asking any of you who have a good understanding of both Tolle AND the secrets teachings in particular OR have used either of these two approaches to cure anxiety.

So in summary do I just do what I did before and use a combination of both teachings to effectively 'cure' my anxiety OR do I just use Tolles teachings because it will NOT just sweep the anxiety under the carpet? (even though it appears to be attracting anxiety back to me somewhat!)
judy101101

Postby judy101101 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:33 pm

very good observation - trust your gut is the first rule of thumb. Most motivational speakers who think they know right from wrong are guiding you towards always looking at the bright side of life while ignoring a problem that needs to be transformed. When you get the anxiety - it's a gift, it's worth gold to you, it's not your enemy but your friend and will guide you towards your perfect path all the time. When ever you are feeling anxious - WHY? it's your natural fight/flight instinct telling you to pay attention to something. It will be a problem of some kind - you won't know how to deal with it so your solution is to find out all it wants, learn the problem inside and out - gain all the information you need so you can be better prepared to solve the problem. Every problem is you, so when you experience a problem the problem wants something so what ever it is you give to your problem is actually something you give to yourself - you are missing something that you need to give to self. So find out what the problem wants - communicate with it - use your intuition - get yourself peaceful and loving and look at your problem through peaceful and loving eyes as if this anxiety is your fairy god mother here to grant you a wish - face the bear while being as peaceful as possible and ask the question WHAT DO YOU WANT? Then you'll receive information - study it, make logic sense out of it. think of it as your inner child who needs to mature - what would you teach a child into maturity?

hope this helps
much love
Judy
judy101101

Postby mark4change » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:31 am

Hi Judy
thanks alot for your in depth reply. You will be glad to know (and thanks to all the people who supported me on this forum) that I have totally got over my anxiety and fear. I now generally feel very good and feel gods presence strongly. I think you are spot on with what you are saying really it was the best gift I have ever had in my life and has forced me to grow in ways I never could have imagined. It was forcing me to learn and to come into alignment with my soul purpose which i was so far away from before. I think I would say to anyone who feels stuck with anxiety is that they will get over it - I never thought i would get over it (I really didn't) but I did. As you say you just need to new information and to be flexible and above all LEARN TO USE YOUR INTUITION. There are no black and white rules. Most times you just got to do the best you can in any one moment. many thanks to all the people on this forum. Much Love, Mark :D
mark4change

Postby judy101101 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:41 am

so good to hear, did you know all illness is just as curable as anxiety - this is how cancer can be cured.

much love
Judy
judy101101

Postby powerbowler » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:49 pm

[quote="judy101101"]so good to hear, did you know all illness is just as curable as anxiety - this is how cancer can be cured.
Wonderful answer for a cure for anxiety judy , but how could you use this method to cure an illness such as cancer . I am sure your right but how would you go about it.
powerbowler

Postby Mariposa » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:22 pm

Andy, that pocket metaphor is GREAT!

oh wow just realized it's from 2009

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

(*dancing naked*) lol
Mariposa

Postby Sighclone » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:44 am

Thanks, mariposa. When I started to wake up, I was dumbstruck by how "modern" all those old sutras and upanishads sounded. The simple truths are timeless. If I have added one particle of wisdom to the sands of time, seen by one person, I am fulfilled.

Andy
Sighclone

Postby Mariposa » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:30 am

:) I'd guess you were fulfilled even prior to that :P
Mariposa

Next

Return to Law of Attraction